1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Ah, True Love!

The True Love Stole has been blocked and is ready for action!

Here it is pinned out.

StoleA093009 240x160 Ah, True Love!

Do you see something unusual? There is no fluffy kitty reclining on the stole! I have no idea why, but during the whole pinning out process, Lucy sat on the sidelines, watching. This is a first for her.

I don’t think it was the dampness of the shawl deterring her. I mean, it’s not like that has never stopped her in the past.

Here’s a close-up shot.

StoleCloseup093009 240x160 Ah, True Love!

And unpinned and relaxing on a chair:

Stole100109 160x240 Ah, True Love!

Gwendolyn wanted to model the new shawl as well:

Stoleback100109 160x240 Ah, True Love!

And finally:

StoleFront100109 160x240 Ah, True Love!

I used about 1000 yards of Jojoland Cashmere and a 3.25mm needle. Blocked dimensions are approximately 24″ by 66″.

It will be a while before the pattern is ready. I need to re-knit the mitered corners to better document them for the pattern and I need to find time to do that.

Now, back to knitting on the Stacy shawl. I see that a few of your asked questions about this shawl in the comments — I’ll answer ‘em next week!

Lucy sez

Lucy100109 240x160 Ah, True Love!

“I could lie on the stole, but the color washes me out.”

Comments

1. The True Love Stole is VERY, VERY beautiful.

2. Absolutely gorgeous.

And since most of your socks to not use a short row heel, I guess my next pair should be a Wendy Knits toe up…………my first pair. Wish me luck. :)
    .-= Sandie Knapp´s last blog ..Spring Fern Socks =-.

3. beautiful.
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..CH-CH-CH-CHANGES =-.

4. Beautiful! I especially love how the colors come thru it when being modeled!
    I am curious – do you wear all these shawls you design and make?
    .-= danielle´s last blog ..Saturday Shopping =-.

5. Oh my goodness that is GORGEOUS! And I wish I could reach through the screen and touch it because I’d imagine a cashmere shawl is incredibly soft. So beautiful!

6. I am in awe- that is a gorgeous shawl! There’s something about that pattern- so simple and so complex. Take a bow!

(I’m also in awe b/c Lucy is not posing on the shawl. Is she ok?)

7. AWWWWWWW, Lucy…it’s ok…..we females have our priorities…..

8. That’s gorgeous!
    (((hugs)))
    .-= Knitnana´s last blog ..Decadence Redux =-.

9. maryas quic says:

wendy,

i am always amazed at the complexity of your “transit” knitting. how do you do it? even with socks, doing lace in crowds seems daunting to me. i have to be alone and in silence! i am also amazed at the speed of your lace knitting. as quickly as you knit lace, i have a vision of magicians pulling scarves out of their sleeves!

10. Perfection as always! And in cashmere? True luxury a la Wendy!
    .-= Megan S.´s last blog ..Love Is In The Air! =-.

11. My thought was the same as Lucy’s, it just was not her colour!! :) The shawl is absolutely gorgeous though!! You do such beautiful work!!

12. It´s because Lucy knows that it´s MINE, all mine! (evil laughter)
    .-= Johanne´s last blog ..Mönster på svenska =-.

13. *GASP!* Just fabulously beautiful.
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..A little bit green =-.

14. Absolutely lovely. Now what did you say that cat repellent yarn was? ;-)

15. Did you ever see something that was so beautiful you were afraid to touch it??? Well I think Lucy saw that and felt the same way…awesome job!!!

16. linda lee says:

this stole is just georgeous!!!!!!!!!

17. Now that is a thing of beauty and I suspect Lucy was giving it a wide berth out of respect. Congrats on a job well-done.

18. Gorgeous!
    .-= Dorothy´s last blog ..New and Improved! =-.

19. Hey! What’s that sweater your dress dummy is wearing? Picture, please?

P.S. Something has got to be wrong if Lucy’s not laying on the true love shawl. Which is gorgeous, btw.
    .-= madonnaearth@yahoo.com´s last blog ..To-do list for the weekened =-.

20. P.S. I can see it’s Kauni EQ or something similar. P.S., can you take my mailing address out of my post?
    .-= madonnaearth´s last blog ..To-do list for the weekened =-.

21. I absolutely love this shawl, Lucy to, but that goes w/o saying: just wanted to remind her fluffyness tho!

22. Theresa in Italy says:

It IS weird to see a blocked shawl without Lucy reclining on it—still think it’s a gorgeous shawl. Does the name have anything to do with “the Princess Bride,” by the way?

23. Lucy knows her colors! What a lovely shawl to wrap yourself up in.

24. Lounging on the chair, the stole looks very fluid!

25. Absolutely beautiful! I think Lucy didn’t want have the stole’s beauty compared to her own. :)

26. I’ll definitely be buying this pattern. Absolutely gorgeous. I finally had a little extra to spend and bought your latest sock book. As soon as I finish the carrying cape for my niece who is due in Dec, I’m starting on a pair from the book using Tofootsies yarn. I have really narrow feet, so I am pleased that this yarn knits up smaller than most yarns used in your book. It makes them fit even better on my AAAA heel! and AA width foot. Thank you, thank you, thank you for recognizing that “one-size-fits-all” doesn’t always work on hand-knit socks!

27. Drop-dead Gorgeous!! Will buy that pattern in a heartbeat!

28. Now that stole is truely YUMMY! I can’t wait for you to post the pattern, Wendy! I’ve been doing triangles for a while and now I’m anxious to do a rectangular shawl!

29. Fare thee well, my own True Love,
    Fare thee well, my dear.
    For the ship is waiting and the wind blows free,
    and I am bound away to the sea, Maryanne.

I couldn’t help myself.
    .-= ellen´s last blog ..Knitting with Chickens, or Wishing on Starfish =-.

30. Oh – please do tell – - which of the millions of lace patterns forms the basis for this beautiful shawl. The center pattern is exquisite. What is it? Must know…………..
    Marietta

31. Dr. Jackie says:

Stunning! There are reasons I don’t do cats. Cats are for other people. My dogs don’t seem to be tempted to lie on the yarn…

32. Usually I just read the blog in my email and I do love it. I never skip an episode! But today I had to link over and ask you to help me get my jaw off the floor. Honestly. I can not close my mouth after seeing True Love, and it’s hard to type like this!

Genius. You are a Pure Genius.

33. traceymae says:

ya know …sometimes I just stop by to see what ‘Lucy says ‘ !!
    …very nice stole …now I must look up the diff between a shawl and a stole ???

34. Wow. Scrumptious.

35. margieinmaryland says:

Love the True Love!

I was disappointed that I did not get to VA beach in time to meet you last week. Wasn’t the weather Sundya PM nice?

36. It’s incredibly beautiful, Wendy! I’ve got the yarn and pattern for your Exonumist’s shawl, and now I’ll want to do this one. You’ve got me hooked on your lace patterns.
    .-= Leigh´s last blog ..Knitting therapy =-.

37. Maybe Lucy thought it was too pretty to get her hair on!

38. Truly lovely – the shawl and Lucy, of course!

39. annalilly says:

A true Masterpiece!

40. I am curious how much the yarn cost to knit this lovely stole?
    .-= jadekitty´s last blog ..Tomato on toothpicks =-.

41. Terri Clevenger says:

Thx 4 letting us watch True Love take shape. It is truly beautiful. I continue to be amazed at your level of creativity.

Terri in OR

42. Christina says:

Lovely!! How did you come up with the name True Love?

43. What a magnificent stole, Wendy!

44. I can’t wait till you post the pattern! it is beautiful! I am thinking i need to make this as my first try for lace.

45. I can’t wait till you post the pattern! it is beautiful! I am thinking i need to make this as my first try for lace.

46. I’ve been on vacation (I use the term loosely) but today I got computer access and am catching up on my blog reading, and I must say that shawl is beautiful, it’s just stunning. I’ve been on a lace jag lately, (except while travelling, it’s all socks all the time) and your work is very inspiring to me.

47. I’ve been on vacation (I use the term loosely) but today I got computer access and am catching up on my blog reading, and I must say that shawl is beautiful, it’s just stunning. I’ve been on a lace jag lately, (except while travelling, it’s all socks all the time) and your work is very inspiring to me.