1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

Status

The Knitting Status:

The Talisman Shawl is a few rows longer than it was the last time I posted photos. But just a few.

SIP121709 240x160 Status

I have high hopes for this weekend, when we are supposed to get what might actually be a “significant” snowfall.

I dearly wish that said significant snowfall is significant enough to stall all activities in the region and cause the government to close with admin leave for all on both Monday and Tuesday. Why, yes, my holiday leave starts Wednesday. How did you know?

I realize this is not very likely, but hey! A girl can dream, right?

The Hair Status:

It’s still red.

hair121709 210x240 Status

It’s been just about a year since I started henna-ing it.

The Heat Status:

I have not yet turned on the heat.

Heat121709 240x159 Status

I think it’s comfy in here!

The Lucy Status:

She’s snuggled up on her sheepskin due to the heat status.

Lucy121709 240x213 Status

Though I still do not understand how she, with her lovely thick fur coat, can be chilly when I am not.

Comments

1. madonnaearth says:

Maybe it’s just that she’s always closer to the floor.

2. I hope you get your wish in regards to the snowfall!
    .-= biomaj5´s last blog ..Crazy busy =-.

3. It’s between 60′s and 70′s here in the desert, yet the cats all dive under the goose down comforter. I don’t understand it with all their fur.

Hope you get your snow for Christmas.
    .-= Denise Seffens´s last blog ..And So It Goes =-.

4. I think it might be the fact that she’s a sleepy little cat that likes to sleep on soft snuggly things.
    I know for a fact that our youngest dog isn’t freezing since he gives of more heat that the radiator but he still likes to sleep next to my feet all night long, unless I happen to get some of the duvet on top of him.
    .-= Rose-Marie´s last blog ..Lots of knitting =-.

5. Slick just packed up his wet dinners and put the littebox on the wagon. He’s heading out to VA to snuggle with Lucy – it kills him that she’s chilled!

6. Still loving the color of your hair…I mentioned you to my sister in law while in Denver for thanksgiving …she also used to henna her hair but quit due to dryness…this is obviously not happening to your hair…are you doing something special to avoid this???

7. Dr. Jackie says:

Well, so a propos my yarn confusion yesterday, today I and a few other Flingers stopped by Loopy. I was showing off my Travelling Woman in Casbah Victoria. At least 3 people (Sheri included…) said “Oh is that Wollmeise Rharbarber?” :)

8. CathieJones says:

Afraid I’ll have to report you to CPS (Cat Protective Services) if Miss Lucy continues shivering. ;^O Of course, you probably benefit from all of the heated floors below you. Your red hair is beautiful! I’ve heard that henna is good for your hair. I wonder if something else was drying NJJK’s sister’s hair.

9. Wendy, are you still using WEN products on your hair? I’m thinking of giving them a try and thought you might give us an update. Thanks!

10. Perhaps what Lucy needs is a kitty cave, a nice felted wool kitty bed with a hood to trap the heat.
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..Thankful Thursday: the food edition. =-.

11. Cats expend a great deal of their own personal heat when they create gravity.

Lucy is obviously creating a lot of gravity (duh, the sheepskin isn’t floating away) and therefore she is cold.

This is what my cat tells me, anyway.
    .-= Virginia´s last blog .. =-.

12. I’ll send you good karma for snow from Wisconsin. Last week Wednesday the entire state government closed down—and that included all the university campuses. That was only the 2nd time in the 30 years I’ve worked for the state that we closed and got paid because of weather. The first was 8 1/2 years ago, but, that was because of a summer windstorm. It was a wonderful day, even with the shovelling!

13. What’s the pillow behind Lucy say about cat hair? I have a bunch of cat-related pillows and love them!

14. myra Harrell Fleming says:

Speaking of red…I love the Natural Instincts, “Rosewood”, check it out. I too have not turned on my heat. My indoor thermostat reads 70 degrees today and at its coldest of 20 outside inside was between 65-67, doable for me. I love the colors of your talisman shawl, very luscious!

Myra

15. I am with Lucy – I like it to be warm. Of course, we’ve had lows below 0 and a few days where the high wasn’t above 10. Like Paulette in Wisconsin, we had major snow last Wednesday. Unlike Wisconsin, they canceled classes here at Iowa, but did not close the University, so those of us who could had to be there to keep the doors open!
    .-= janna´s last blog ..Stuff That Makes Me Happy =-.

16. As an ex-Washington-D-C-er, I totally understand your desire for snow, if it means you don’t have to go out in it! Good luck with that. Thanks for turning me on to the Eating Clean concept. I’ve got my New Year’s resolution all set. Ciao from sunny California.

17. KateinIowa says:

I love your hair color, Wendy! Wish I could pull that off, but with my blue skin tones, I’m better off with my (almost totally) silver. I’m married to a red head, so I’m partial to redheads!

18. My cats hate having cold paws – cold floor. They also hate sitting down on a cold floor. They will sit on anything they find on the floor to keep warmer – an old shopping bag that is momentarily there, for instance. Guess fur doesn’t keep all of them warm.
    .-= Barbara-Kay´s last blog ..Mrs. Sue’s copy =-.

19. I think cats are cold even when it’s 110 degrees in the shade. I can however remember my long hairs lying in the bathtub to get cool in mid-summer. One reason (actually 2) I stay warm is that I have a cat and dog lying in my lap or close beside me. Stay safe this weekend in the significant snowfall.
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Christmas Knitting C minus 30 =-.

20. I think I work the same place you work so I hope you are right.

21. Maybe you need to move up my way. It was a nice brisk 9 degrees Fahrenheit when I left for work this morning. I’m sure Lucy would enjoy sitting near a working radiator.
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..another smu alert =-.

22. I’ll be wishing for snow for you, since here in No. Cal the chances of that happening are nil, and if we did get snow, since I work from home I still woudn’t get a “snow day”.

23. Ann in Montreal says:

It’s a cat thing. I have very vivid memories of my maternal grandmother cooking on her woodstove in the summer kitchen of her farmhouse on a sweltering July day. All of the cats were gathered under the stove luxuriating in the heat. Poor grandma, the sight of all of those cats sprawled in the heat made her feel even hotter, she muttered about the “darn things wearing fur coats, they ought to be hot enough”.

24. crazycrafter says:

I love the color Rhubarber! The shawl is looking very nice! Are you still going to call it Talisman Shawl or come up with a different name for it? God Bless! Merry Christmas!

25. crazycrafter says:

I love the colors in Rhubarber! What a gorgeous shawl this is becoming! God Bless,
    Hannah

26. Since the storm is supposed to miss us completely, I’ll hope for a real, old-fashioned nor-easter for you. I’m sure Lucy will be able to arrange her warm & cozy place.
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..November is Variable =-.

27. I don’t think you and I would do well in the same home. I need to do time on the treadmill several times a day, to get up to a comfortable temp. I’m sitting in my home office, with three layers on and just this side of shivering.

28. I see that you are indeed getting a big snowfall. Maybe your wish for a couple days off next week will come true!!! I hope you indeed get your snow days. Have fun.

29. Celaine Killingsworth says:

I think you can count on a few days off from work girlfriend! I’m expecting a couple pairs of socks and a shawl done by the end of your “paid leave”. Merry Christmas

30. Why Lucy is cold with a lovely fur coat?

I think cats are heat-seeking creatures. There is also the matter of size, since you
    are possibly 8 or more times as massive as Lucy. The lovely Miss K likes the tops of hot-running computers or network boxes. These surfaces seem a bit uncomfortably hot to me, but she is a tropical cat (Tonkinese), it seems. She has a lovely fur coat, but it is extremely soft, smooth, and close-lying, not floofy. Think little velvet kitteh of less than
    seven pounds…

31. Well, since we got between 16 and 22 inches depending on where you are in this part of SW VA and I’m hearing that Alexandria is due for as much as 24 inches?? Lucy, I think Mom just might turn the heat on this weekend. It’s absolutely frigid here on Saturday night…The Meezer has her paws crossed for you, dear…Everyone stay warm and safe!
    (((hugs)))
    .-= Knitnana´s last blog ..16 Inches So Far. Not Sure There’ll Be More =-.