1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Unpinned and Ready for Action

The Talisman shawl has been released from bondage! Here it is, being worn by Gwendolyn.

Talisman122209 166x240 Unpinned and Ready for Action

A couple of you asked when the pattern would be available. I’m working on it as we speak. icon smile Unpinned and Ready for Action

And a couple of you were spot-on about what my new project is:

WIP122209 240x160 Unpinned and Ready for Action

Ishbel, by Ysolda Teague.

Yeah, I don’t knit a lot of things by other designers, but this is my Christmas break knitting. icon wink Unpinned and Ready for Action I’m not designing, just happily following a pattern.

I am using a lovely lovely yarn from Dragonfly Fibers called Dragonsock:

Yarn122209 240x100 Unpinned and Ready for Action

The colorway is called “Green Riptide.” It’s pretty much heaven in a skein for a lover of all things green, like me.

I bought two skeins of it when I visited Fibrespace last month, with the thought of using it for a shawl or shawlette. So I’ve got 780 yards, which is plenty for the larger-sized Ishbel.

I’m using a U.S. size 4 needle and am loving the fabric that makes on the stockinette section.

Closeup122209 240x160 Unpinned and Ready for Action

In other news, I went into work today. The government was offering unscheduled leave for today, but today was my last day at work before my holiday leave — I’m off until January 4 — and there were a few loose ends I needed to tie up. The commute went fine as the streets around me are pretty much clear. The only issue was the train station parking lot. Black ice on asphalt in the dark makes me extremely nervous. I crept along and got to the sidewalk without any slipping or falling, so all is well.

And now I’m home, home, home. Not that I’m happy about that or anything.

Just for fun, here is a photo of a chair full of stuffed animals.

Chair122209 240x160 Unpinned and Ready for Action

Or is it?

Comments

1. You and Lucy have a wonderful Christmas.

2. Love Ishbel! I’m knitting my second. (Ella Rae Laceweight….ummmmm)

My break starts tomorrow. Can’t wait.

3. Cathie Jones says:

I’ll take the li’l stuffed animal with the dark face! Lucy is such a beauty. The Ishbel looks gorgeous. Guess I’ll have to knit a shawl one of these days.

4. Green riptide is a beautiful color. Don’t forget I am waiting for the pattern for your Shawlette. Have a great rest from work and Merry Christmas to you.

5. I think the one in the middle may be stuffed with Fancy Feast or Salmon treats!

The yarn is a beautiful mix of greens!

Merry Christmas!

6. Enjoy your break and your knitting….and your Lucy!
    .-= Cindy K´s last blog ..Snowed In! =-.

7. If Lucy just had dinner, she could be a stuffed animal…

8. Speaking of hoilday gifts, I had to go to three places to buy your book – it was sold out at my local LYS and my nearest Borders. Looks like it’s a popular item! I gave to it a friend with a skein of vintage sock yarn from my stash as well as some links to the magic cast-on videos since she’s never attempted socks before. happy holidays – enjoy your time off!

9. Gorgeous as always. In my next life I want to be Gwendolyn…she has such a lovely wardrobe! Merry Christmas to you and Lucy.

10. Glad you made it safely over the black ice. Merry Christmas to you and Lucy from me and Liesl and Ben (miniature Dachshunds!).

11. Love the Ishbel. I’m very excited to begin this project soon. I think it’s going to be my Christmas break knitting also!
    .-= Virginia´s last blog .. =-.

12. Mary ~ Awntie says:

love the new shawl! now my dear you need to be careful on those icy surfaces. have a look around for something like a yaktrak or stabilicers. rei dot com carries them, most sporting goods stores, Sports Authority, Dicks Outdoor, Nordstroms, department stores fred meyer (maybe not an option east coast) Keep yourself unbroken for all of us who adore your talent

13. Celestine Getty says:

Give a Christmas Hug to the little brown faced fuzzy. Your shawl is beautiful and the colorway …… what can I say. Santa could put one under my tree.
    I hope you have another project to knit during your break because as fast as you knit you will be done Ishbel before Christmas.
    Merry Christmas

14. Kathy in SE VA says:

I just finished two Ishbels as Christmas gifts, one in Ella Rae lace merino, the other in Mountain Colors Bearfoot sock yarn. The MC yarn was very close in colors to your green colorway. Both turned out beautifully and may have changed my negative opinion about knitting lace. Happy Christmas to you and Lucy.

15. I feel as if higher powers are telling me to do the Ishbel. Im neverous cause i’ve barely done socks, but it keeps popping up since i won it from a swap group….

16. The shawls are beautiful. I’ve only knit one shawl, but keep it handy to wrap up in. As for that black ice, get thee online and check out Yaktrax. I have two pair, one from Footsmart and one from REI. $19.95 a pair and they are the best.

17. I love Dragonfly Fibers. She shared both with Sanguine Gryphon at SAFF and I was there to buy Gryphon’s work but kept gravitating to DF. I bought Dragonsock and another yarn base to make lace pieces–both in the rose family. (I was in a rose mood that weekend.)
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Christmas Knitting C minus 30 =-.

18. IWe wish you and the stuffed cat.. that looks just like miss Lucy…. a merry christmas!!!!
    //Maria &Sissela in Sweden

19. The Talisman turned out absolutely gorgeous!

So Lucy is no longer saying, “I can haz turkies?” She fits right in with the other stuffies.
    .-= annalilly´s last blog .."Ribbit" =-.

20. Lucy’s playing E.T., of course!

Your green Ishbel is very pretty. I made a small-size one from a single skein of Mediumweight Socks That Rock “Heartstone” for my best girlfriend. It came out very pretty, and I even had some leftovers.

Another of my knitting friends is starting her first toe-up socks using your book. She made two pairs of socks five years ago (before I knew her), but the new pair will be her fist toe-ups.

21. Denise in Kent, WA says:

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your holiday break.

P.S. Adorable photo of Ms Lucy. :)

22. I really enjoyed knitting Ishbel. I made the large size and bought a second skein of sock yarn for it (I was using Malabrigo sock). Of course, I have enough left over for fingerless mitts or more socks so all is well. I hope you enjoy knitting this pattern!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..knitting with allies =-.

23. Kathie Brownlee says:

Reminds me of ET in the closet of stuffed animals!

Ilove the Ishbel..going to have to look up that pattern!

24. Giggle! I thought Lucy was a dainty eater.

I love love love those greens! Heaven in a skein indeed.

25. crazycrafter says:

I love how the Talisman shawl turned out! You do such beautiful work. What is Gwendolyn wearing underneath the shawl in the picture?
    I love Lucy and the stuffed animals together. How cute! Lucy must be such a fun source of entertainment!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Blessings,