1. Segel, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes in the "Draco" gradient set on a 3.5 mm (U.S. size 4) needle.

Out With the Old Nupps, In with the New

I have reached the fun point in the Swallowtail shawl — the nupps!

Nupps123109 240x160 Out With the Old Nupps, In with the New

I don’t think I’ll be able to finish this baby in 2009, so it will likely be my first FO of 2010.

Lucy is spending the day napping, so she can stay up to see the new year in.

Lucy123109 240x160 Out With the Old Nupps, In with the New

Happy New Year! See you on the flip side!

Comments

1. A very Happy New Year to you too Wendy!!!!!

2. Have a Happy New Year, Wendy and Lucy!

3. Good, another person who likes nupps.

4. Happy New Year!

I have never made a nupp. Maybe I should add to my list of resolutions…
    .-= Virginia´s last blog .. =-.

5. Happy New Year Wendy and Lucy!
    .-= Bess – Texas Knitter´s last blog ..In Memory =-.

6. by the way – what brand of needles are you using for the swallowtail?

7. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

Happy New Year Wendy and Lucy!

8. Happy New Year to you too! Do you have a good view of fireworks from your condo?

9. Happy New Year! Great nupps, btw.

10. Wendy in Cambridge says:

Happy New Year to you and to Lucy!

11. crazycrafter says:

I like the nupps! Thank you for your blog. Happy New Year!
    Hannah, age 12

12. Lucy is spending the day napping? And how is this different from any other day? My own cats have been napping steadily since 2003.
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..Pink. =-.

13. Same good wishes to you, the shawl is a beauty-do you have a fav way to do the nupps? ( I don’t always do them according to the directions (eeks!)).
    .-= Cindy in FL´s last blog ..Purge the Old =-.

14. When I did my Swallowtail (well, my mom’s – mine is still yarn in the closet) I was using a super-fuzzy yarn, and it worked best to do the “together” part of the nupps with a tiny sock needle, much smaller than the needles I was using for the shawl. Love yours – looks gorgeous!
    .-= Niki Vogler´s last blog ..It’s 5 – 5 – 5 months in one (post) =-.

15. Celestine Getty says:

Happy New Year and New Decade Lucy and Wendy. I want to tell you that I just discovered your blog this past year and have acted upon some of your advice about patterns, yarns and yarn shops. I just received some wollmeise yarn today and WOW were you right. This is great stuff….
    I also placed an order from Yarnissima and as I was opening it today it was like Christmas all over again. The packaging was absoutely beautiful. Her candy and little gifts were unbelievable. I can not wait to start one of the sock patterns. Thank you for all your good advice Wendy, I look forward to hearing what you have to say next year.

16. Lady Violet says:

Lucy’s napping while mommy’s nupping! Sorry – I couldn’t help myself. :) I can’t wait to see yet another masterpiece. It’s amazing how you turn those out so quickly!

17. I have no idea what nupps are. Maybe I’ll find out in 2010. Happy New Year!!

18. I loved the nupps portion when I made my swallowtail earlier this year. They seem so impossible, so ridiculous – and then they look so good when the shawl is done.
    Happy New Year Wendy!
    .-= Ellen´s last blog ..Nothing happening here – move along. =-.

19. fibercrone says:

Happy New Year! Thanks to you and Lucy for contributing to a great knitting experience. One of the things I’m looking forward to in 2010 is the new sock book.

20. Best wishes for the new year!

21. myra Harrell Fleming says:

Wendy, what are nupps? May 2010 bring ABUNDANCE and JOY to all and a prosperous New Year!

22. happy new years to you both!!
    .-= turtle´s last blog ..catching up! =-.

23. Bonnie H. says:

All be the best to you and yours in 2010! I’m going to start a couple (or maybe three) new projects today……yeah!!

24. Happy New Year Wendy!

25. Happy New Year!

I was happy to “ring out” 2009 with one last finished project yesterday. It feels like ending on the right foot (even if I simultaneously managed to end on the wrong foot when I bought yarn yesterday).
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..2010 arrives with extra cat action =-.

26. I had to look up nupps to find out what they are . . . and my face said :^O . . . that looks hard! But it sure is pretty . . . Happy New Year Wendy and Lucy!
    .-= Cathie Jones´s last blog ..Adult Jazz Camp =-.

27. Happy early birthday Wendy! I hope it’s a great one, with lots of knitting, yummy (clean) food, friends, and love!

28. Happy New Year to you and Lucy. I hope that 2010 brings you prosperity, good health, and happiness. :)
    .-= Sandie Knapp´s last blog ..The Nehalem Hat =-.

29. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND LUCY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!

30. Happy New Year. Please keep blogging you. You give me incentive to continue knitting and I’m interested in how your life changing :”Clean Eating” unfolds.

31. Thanks for all your good advice and good cheer. Your blog is even more special because it reminds me of my hometown. Have a great 2010.

32. Happy New Year! Your Swallowtail Shawl looks beautiful.
    .-= Dorothy´s last blog ..Happy New Decade! =-.

33. Dr. Jackie says:

Happy New year Wendy…and just for the record…I hate nupps.

34. I just wanted to wish you the happiest of birthdays!!! I hope you have the most wonderful birthday ever!! Thanks for all you do for us!!! (I also left you a not on FB)

35. Heather M says:

Happy birthday! Hope it is wonderful!!!

36. Wendy in Cambridge says: