1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Blocking Rules Part Deux

Before:

Before022110 240x160 Blocking Rules Part Deux

After:

after022110 240x200 Blocking Rules Part Deux

Lucy sez:

Lucy022110 240x166 Blocking Rules Part Deux

“Blocking is hard work.”

Comments

1. We have learned from you the “blocking rules!!!!” now how about telling us what your process is? Thanks

2. cathy smith says:

I finallly purchased your book; I love it! Thank you.

3. Lucy always does look done in during this process.
    .-= Elysbeth´s last blog ..Brevity in the heart of winter =-.

4. You are the speediest knitter I know. You are cranking out those beautiful shawls by the shoulder-full! I am still stuck on choosing which pattern…let alone actually knitting and blocking the thing. Keep up your amazing good work!

5. Beautious!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..GIVEAWAY: SewLindsey =-.

6. Love the green!
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..It’s knot funny, Sirdar! =-.

7. Sara in WI says:

Knitting wouldn’t be half as fun without the blocking o’ the lace! It’s like magic!

8. Lucy is SO right. But it’s SO worth it!

9. Nice shawl! You must be getting ready for St. Pat’s Day!

10. Julie in VA says:

Beautiful, love the shade of green!

11. What a difference blocking makes. Love both the red and green shawls.

12. Another gorgeous work of art!
    .-= Sharon´s last blog ..Busy Sunday =-.

13. You really are an amazingly quick knitter! The shawl looks gorgeous.
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..Two words =-.

14. I am getting close to completing my Seascape Shawl and can hardly wait to see what it looks like when it is blocked! Your shawls are inspirational!
    .-= Marji´s last blog ..Ottawa =-.

15. Kathie Brownlee says:

Lucy is soooo right….looks like she has her fur blocked on occassion. For Kibby going outside and letting his fur fluff out is akin to a good blocking.

16. Susan Deeter Murphy says:

Outstanding! Magnificent! I like the all-over lace SO much more than doing the first part
    plain. I now know why I could not decide on a pattern before now; I was waiting for this one to arrive.
    I will be watching for it. Thank you for creating this thing of beauty.

17. Love it! I have a friend that says that unblocked lace looks like “dryer lint”!

18. It is amazing the difference the blocking makes. I especially like the idea that you don’t have to knit to the finished size…you stretch it…as a slow knitter every bit helps. I like the arrowhead look along the cennter of the shawl. How about a close up photo of the edging? That is looking pretty too. What are the specs on this one?

19. Theresa in Italy says:

What a gorgeous color for spring (assuming it ever gets here)!

20. Lucy, if you think blocking is hard work, you should try it from a human’s size. At least you don’t have to get down on your knees.
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Shearing day in the snow =-.

21. It is hard work to supervise!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..mr. nose sniffs again! =-.