1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

Lady Bertram Shawlette

The red lace shawlette that I finished last week has a name: the Lady Bertram Shawlette. (I was on a Jane Austen kick there for a while).

Bertram022110 240x214 Lady Bertram Shawlette

She had her photo-shoot for her glamour photos.

Bertrammodeled022110 224x240 Lady Bertram Shawlette

The unblocked shawl measures 44” across the top and 16” down the center back. Blocked it measures 58” across and 23” down the center back. These measurements are approximate because they depend on how severely you block your piece.

Bertramtied022110 232x240 Lady Bertram Shawlette

The shawl pictured was knit with 1 150-gram 574-yard skein of Wollmeise Sock yarn, with 71 grams left over, so approximately 306 yards were used.

BertramCloseup022110 240x160 Lady Bertram Shawlette

And the pattern is now available for sale in my Ravelry store, here.

The green shawl that was shown blocking yesterday sure was a quickie! I started it on Thursday and finished it yesterday morning. It is knit from Dragonfly Fibers Dragon Sock in the “Prophets of Persia” colorway.

The all-over lace pattern is supposed to represent flowers, and I chose a relentless green colorway to represent a harbinger of spring, so this will be called the Printemps Shawlette.

Expect a pattern soon. icon smile Lady Bertram Shawlette

Does Gwendolyn look a bit over-dressed?

Shawls022210 160x240 Lady Bertram Shawlette

Lucy sez:

Lucy022210 240x152 Lady Bertram Shawlette

“Snack time!”

Comments

1. Wow, love it, she’s beautiful :D
    .-= Celeritas´s last blog ..Cast offs & WIPs & a UFO =-.

2. constant reader says:

Your Lady Bertram shawlette is lovely, so it cannot be anything like the endless needlework “of little use and no beauty” that occupied most of Lady B’s time. I just finished rereading “Persuasion” and I think that Anne Elliot deserves a shawlette pattern named for her.

3. can the red one be altered to be a full sized shawl? I LOVE it but I just dont know how to pull off the smaller shalwettes

4. Dr. Jackie says:

Overdressed? Yup, I think so.
    Pretty shawlettes though!

5. I am noticing the layer upon layer of beatiful shawls!! They are all wonderful and I have all except the last pattern……………I I will have that soon. :)

6. That’s so very pretty that it found its way into my pattern library with no action on my part whatsoever ;-)

7. Love both shawls…and yes, Gwendolyn looks like she’s mighty toasty under all those shawls.
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..Ravelympics: Day WOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!! =-.

8. Beautiful shawls, and yes, Gwendolyn looks a bit warm. She might even say, “one at a time, please.”

9. Gwendolyn looks gorgeous and should be quite warm through the rest of winter! Is a spring wardrobe on the horizon for her?

10. picadrienne says:

Gwendolyn reminds me of the pidgeon lady in Mary Poppins. But, I believe Gwendolyn’s shawls and shawlettes are probably a bit more elegant.

11. Wow, I keep queuing your shawlettes! They are gorgeous!

12. i am definitely loving this one!

13. It’s gorgeous. I’m so desperate for colors right now… must knit with bright red. Or something.
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..Two words =-.

14. fibercrone says:

In this picture Gwendolyn reminds me of Ms. Whatsit in the movie Wrinkle in Time. Another great shawl.

(Just so you know) I keep hoping there will be a shawlette book in the future.)

15. Fabulous! I must try lace one day.

16. That red one is so pretty!

17. The Printemps Shawlette is gorgeous. Will keep my eye out for the pattern! Am currently making my way through your sock book!

18. Another lovely shawl. I think Gwendolyn just looks warm.
    .-= Sonja Poor´s last blog ..Blast from the past =-.

19. If I make a Lady Bertram shawl, does that mean I get to lay on the chaise all day and pet my pugs?

20. Vicki Johnson says:

I am loving the shawl kick you are on!! Thank you for sharing the patterns. I am continuing to enjoy knitting Seaside and think Lady Bertram may be next. :)

21. Looks lovely. Is this shawl constructed the same was as Ysolda Teague’s Ishbel, with 4 increases on the knit side and 2 increases on the purl side? I love the croissant shape that results from that increase.

22. I have queued Lady Bertram – the close-up of the lace is what did it for me!
    .-= janna´s last blog ..The Last Christmas Gift! =-.

23. Gwendolyn looks warm!
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..Linkety, fortune cookies, and knitting. =-.

24. I would like to see you knit. Your fingers must just fly…in a blur! Alls of your items are beautiful!

25. Gorgeous shawl! Can’t wait for the pattern, it looks just like “my kind of” a lace project – challenging, but not impossible!
    .-= Worsted Knitt´s last blog ..Winter small items =-.

26. I am always in awe of how quickly you work up all these projects, Wendy. What do you do with all your shawls? Do you wear them all yourself, or do you have some very lucky friends and relatives?

27. You have inspired me to knit my first ever lace shawl. I always thought I’d need laceweight and didn’t want to start with such a fine yarn. Since seeing all these, I’m doing one in Smooshy, fingering weight. It is easy to work with and I love it!

28. I hope that Gwendolyn is planning on some very chic events to model her beautiful shawls. cd

29. Laura from beautiful West Michigan says:

Made my first shawl – the Luna Moth shawl on Elann. You are my inspiration to make a shawl even though I don’t think I’m a shawl wearing person. I love the little miracle of the shawl going from a homely blob of yarn to a beautiful shawl just by blocking! Thanks for showing us all your beautiful shawls. I, like you so often do, gave mine to a friend, who almost cried and said nobody had ever done anything that nice for her before!

30. Wendy- Really lovely. Gwen looks a little overwhelmed.
    .-= Lorraine´s last blog ..Onward and Upward =-.

31. Wow. Gwen must be really cold to wear all of those shawlettes at once!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..mr. nose sniffs again! =-.

32. Okay, so I have been finishing up a bunch of WIPS to clear out for new projects this year and I want to make all of your shawls! (And I have a stash of nice sock yarn that needs to be diminished anyway) but goodness woman, how could anyone keep up with you! You knit like a demon!
    .-= Angela Tarango´s last blog ..Baby Blanket =-.

33. Wendy, I’m so glad you used that photo — where Gwendolyn is wearing the sweater that you designed years ago — Deirdre — but never published anywhere (that I could find). I spent an afternoon some weeks ago to track down your blog posts about “her” when she popped up in another Gwendolyn photo. Could you ever consider writing up the pattern, even in sketchy detail, for eager copycats (like me)?

34. I’m not asking for it for free, mind you. I don’t do that sort of thing.

35. I’m amazed at how Blocking can increase the size, all of that from 1 skein is incredible.

36. Your shawls are beautiful! I wish I was Gwendolyn.

37. Norma (#2) says:

NICE shawlette! Love the red.

38. The shawlette is absolutely stunning. The color is perfect!
    .-= Sandra Knapp´s last blog ..New Sweater Vest – Another Snow Storm – Late Winter Blossoms =-.