1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Another Shawlette

I blocked my latest shawlette today. Here it is pre-blocking.

Before022810 240x160 Another Shawlette

Isn’t Lucy helpful? Pre-blocking dimensions are 40″ across the top and 20″ down the middle of the center back.

Post-blocking:

Shawlette022810 240x132 Another Shawlette

After blocking is is 60″ across the top edge and 28″ down the center back.

Here’s a close-up:

closeup022810 240x160 Another Shawlette

That’s one skein of Madelinetosh Tosh Sock, in the Clover colorway. I had 18 grams left over.

I started my stole based on this same pattern — but I’ll talk about that tomorrow.

Right now I want to draw your attention to a particularly heinous crime. Sensitive readers may want to look away now.

The crime scene:

CrimeScene022810 240x160 Another Shawlette

Not sure what you are seeing?

Here is the body:

CrimeScene022810A 240x160 Another Shawlette

And here is the tail:

CrimeScene022810B 240x160 Another Shawlette

Lucy sez:

Lucy022810 240x164 Another Shawlette

“I wuz framed! I’m innocent, I tells ya!”

Comments

1. Really like the shawlette!
    Is it available on Rav?
    Also, have you started counting down the days till the next book comes out?

2. Beautiful shawlette- again! Can’t wait to see the stole.

Aren’t catnip mouse tails like lizard tails? easily shed when pounced upon and it will grow back later? Right?

3. I think I’m in love, or at least lust.
    .-= Lynda Hitt´s last blog ..Unconscious Mutterings for February 21 =-.

4. I’m in lust…want to make this one
    .-= Lynda Hitt´s last blog ..Unconscious Mutterings for February 21 =-.

5. They’re never guilty….no matter how full their mouths may be with feathers…or mouse tails!

6. and apparently I can’t see that i already posted and have posted multiple times because that’s just how we roll.

Also, congrats on the weight loss and getting healthy. I’m proud of you, not that that is worth anything, but there you have it.
    .-= Lynda Hitt´s last blog ..Unconscious Mutterings for February 21 =-.

7. I didn’t do it, nobody saw me do it, I wanna speak to my momma!

8. I think that’s my favorite yet. As for the mouse, well, we have a stuffed duck whose head has become disattached from its body. Sounds like same culprits who got Lucy’s mouse; i.e., my dogs. Have no idea how they got to your place and back to mine without my noticing but I’m really sorry.

9. Awww Lucy!
    .-= Alice in Richmond´s last blog ..2.8.10 Nice weather we’re having… =-.

10. Wendy, That is a beautiful shawl. Will that be available soon at TLE?

11. Barb Harger says:

Lucy is saving you having to buy those weights they sell for holding fabric still while you cut out a pattern. My cat, Penelope, is a helper in this way when I am sewing, and tried to do it with the blocking process, too. I like the new shawl…just bought the other one you put on the other day, so will wait a bit maybe to get this one!

12. I Love Lucy!

13. I saw that happen to a little lizzard when I was in florida…its little tail just fell right off…I say not guilty…

14. Go Lucy! Indulging in your feline tendencies! Now go get a real one… or a moth… we don’t want any moths near your momma’s stash!

15. That needed more of a warning for me, Wendy. My heart about stopped.

Oh Lucy. I thought we were friends. This is no way to get me to knit you another mousie – you could have just asked. Did Slick do something to anger you (or worse yet, did he send you a racy email that got your blood all hot and made you play too rough with the poor mouse)? I has a sad.

16. Lucy helps with the blocking just like my poodle loves to help fold warm laundry right out of the dryer! So cute!

17. AH! Innocent I am sure. That is what Roscoe says with each feather that blows from his lips. Alas at least your momma can sew that tail back on for you. :)

18. You blow me away with the speed you can whip these out at. Such beauty and speed. You will get a gold medal in the knitting olympics! Please come to the south and thrill us ole southern girls.

19. It will probably grow back. They drop them as a defense mechanism.

20. Celestine Getty says:

I believe you Lucy. I ,know it was not your fault it was made to break in half….

21. There are ghosts in that condo. I wonder why they’re picking on Ms. Lucy.

22. OMG, Lucy,

somebody has been terrorizing your mousey.

Catnips to ya,
    Gerry
    .-= Gerry´s last blog ..Baby Ripple =-.

23. How pretty! I love the greens!!
    .-= Sharon´s last blog ..The Igloo and the Vest =-.

24. fibercrone says:

Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous. My favorite so far.

25. Lucy!!!!

26. That is so funny–the tail lying there all by itself. I’d say by the innocent look on Lucy’s face, she had NOTHING to do with it. I love the shawl. You just keep getting better and better and better…
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..I am doomed =-.

27. Poor little Lucy…… beeing framed…. ;-)
    My cat Sissela just told me that the same thing happened to her…. :P)
    //Maria in Sweden

28. Your shawlettes are beautiful! I’ve become addicted too.

Ahh, Lucy is an innocent, sweet kitty. She just did what a kitty does!

29. Saru-chan would definitely be the first on my list for committing tail-ectomy. She’s all about removing (and eating) the fuzzy mice tails.

I’m pretty sure Victor, the dog, would just eat them whole if there were any around for him to consume.
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..losing consciousness =-.

30. Wow, I love that one! The design makes me think of looking up at an expanse of trees on a mountainside.
    .-= Sidra Vitale´s last blog ..sidravitale was going to knit yesterday, but spent day curled up with Tim Powers’ /Earthquake Weather/, tea, and ToG. =-.

31. Wendy- I have my hands over my eyes, peeking through my fingers.

Oh, the felinity!
    .-= Lorraine´s last blog ..2010- The Winter That Wasn’t =-.

32. Love the shawlette – and the “kitty pressing” just makes it better, don’t you think? RIP mousie…better than the time my cat buried her toy mousie in her litter box. Such a statement, eh? ;-)
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..The Six Balls of Cento =-.

33. Dr. Jackie says:

Naughty Lucy! Maybe it’s time to teach her how to Kitchener?

34. Susan Murphy says:

If you did a DNA test on the “mouse”, no doubt you would find that it is part gerbil. If Gerbil tails are grabbed, they just “let go” of the back half of it, just like the lizards other postings have mentioned. My daughter had that shocking experience when she was about four with our pet gerbils. Lucy was probably just as shocked, poor thing. She needs extra hugs, and maybe a few special treats for good measure.

35. ROFL Miss Lucym of course, you are innocent! You could NOT have been involved in teh such a heinous crime~ you were holding down Miss Wendy’s Shawlette-pictures do not lie! ♥♥♥
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..ManyhorsesMane says First day of March=3 months of Spring, so today is first day of Spring, YAY! That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it. =-.

36. Iris M. Giuliani says:

I just love your daily notes, patterns, etc. most of all the cat keep them coming.

37. OrchidPaige says:

Congratulations on the healthy eating and your progress to great health!

38. jane wileman says:

Everymorning, before I go to work, I log on to look at your page while eating my breakfast. I’m amazed at how quickly you knit up your shawls!! I would just love a copy of your new book. Happy knitting :D xx

39. marty smith says:

love your books can`t wait to see this one

40. Congratulations on your new book…I would love a copy!

41. Would love a copy of your new book

42. Jenny Tuomi says:

Love your blog, Love your knits, GOTTA love Lucy!!! Would love an early copy of your new book for my sister who turned me onto your stuff – her birthday is 3/26 and it would be a purrrrfect gift for her. Thanks Wendy!