1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

Today So Far

I finally managed to drag myself out of bed this morning at about 9:45am. (Staying up until the time changed from 2:00am to 3:00am was a bad idea, in retrospect).

I hate Daylight Savings Time. Hate it hate it hate it. Not only that, but I hate it.

Despite the late start, so far today I:

• made yogurt (well it’s still in the yogurt maker)
  • took a bunch of photos for a stealth project
  • did two loads of laundry
  • did some closet reorganization
  • reorganized my DVDs

Now for some stolen time:

stole031410 240x160 Today So Far

Stolen time. Get it? I crack me up.

Lucy is still checking my work in my closet:

Lucy031410 240x160 Today So Far

It seems like there was something else I was supposed to be doing, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. I hope it was nothing important!

Comments

1. The time change has made me completely unproductive today! I’m not a fan of it either.
    .-= biomja5´s last blog ..Ladies and gentlemen, we have… a blob. =-.

2. I hate DST too. Or rather I hate the change from EST to EDT and vice versa. I’d like it a lot better if we’d stay in one time “zone.” Since I’m not a morning person, I prefer EST but also like the staying light longer.
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Visiting the frogs =-.

3. I tricked the whole household by secretly changing the clocks about 3 p.m. yesterday, so everyone went to sleep at what they thought was 9 p.m., but in reality it was 8 p.m. I’m such a mean mom….

4. Wendy in Cambridge says:

I hate DST, too. This day is probably my least favorite day of the year!

5. I think Lucy has claimed your closet! :)

I have cleaned like crazy too, what’s up w that? Laundry, stove, vacuumed two rooms and a hall, sprayed my pots and pans w oven cleaner, I hate the thought of a greasy pan on the bottom and a fire as a result of it, guess I should do it more often like the next time change? I wish I could get to my closet now….:) it wont happen today :(

6. Dr. Jackie says:

Silly girl…it was knitting!

7. anne marie in philly says:

did some cleaning myself this weekend. couldn’t go anywhere due to all the rain.

I too hate the time change.

but what about the stash room – no organizing there (wink wink)?

ummmmmmm, stolen (slobbers like homer simpson)…

8. I have napped all afternoon except for two rows on my shawlette. I hate time change. It just makes me tired.

9. The time change always does me in… plus the fact that if I wake up in the middle of the night I go prowling around the house, not back to sleep. I went to bed at near-normal time, but prowled for about 2 hours in the middle. Hard to keep good “sleep hygiene” that way!!

10. Today was VERY productive for me – i ORDERED YOUR NEW BOOK!!! and got a notice they are shipping it!! Hooray- looks excellent- congratulations!

11. Yes, DST kicks my butt every year. It seems to take me two weeks to adjust. And it was a gray day to boot, so we didn’t even get the benefit of a late sunset. Boo!
    .-= Michele Corbeil´s last blog ..Sugar Skulls Accessory Case =-.

12. mwknitter says:

I hate the time change – esp in the spring since I am very definitely a night person. But at least it means light in the evenings.

13. Just looked at my atomic clock. I was shocked! It changed from EST to EDT all by itself! I really don’t like this end of the change. It really throws me off!

14. MamaLana says:

I also HATE this stupid time change!! Um . . . is the thing you should possibly be doing is . ….. brrrrrr…….taxes? Bwahahahaha.

15. Have to agree…don’t like the time change.

16. Count me in as another non-fan of the time change. Especially when it affects domestic and farm animals — and we can’t explain the change to them.
    .-= Ina´s last blog ..Are lace knitting instructions more of a challenge than you think? =-.

17. You are too funny…stolen time!!! Well I had a back nerve pain attack and I slept with a brief morning wake up until 5 pm!!! The pain has eased but I am with you 100% I hate these time changes!! They just throw mw way off. I did knit some on a toe up pair of socks I am doing for a friend. Not a total waste of a Sunday.

18. I hate daylight savings…hate hate hate it. And DH says he read that with the heat in cool areas, until it warms up, there is more heating that needs to be done in Daylight savings hours than standard hours, and once summer kicks in, more cooling,ditto and that is far more wasteful than the lights issue saves (which it isn’t clear that it does, since buildings needs lights on all the time, anyway).
    .-= Colleen´s last blog ..Valerie’s Tallit =-.

19. Theresa in Italy says:

“Stolen time”! He-he, good one. Why on earth are you all having to endure DST so darn early this year? Over here we’ve still got two weeks of real time before we have to go through this nonsense (which, by the way, I also hate with the white-hot passion of a thousand suns).

20. Celaine Killingsworth says:

Ditto! I hate it hate it hate it hate it. And when we go back to regular time in the fall my husband hates it hates it hates it. But I celebrate!

21. I unpacked a couple of boxes, did runs to both the grocery store and IKEA with Cabana Boy (who is quite the pokey little puppy when he wants to be), and ordered $600 worth of fabric for bags. Want to come set up my closet for me????

22. Oh, god…I thought I was the only one who stayed up till 2am…no, wait…it’s really 3am! Arrrggghhhhhhh!!! I also knocked off a few loads of laundry…after that two-hour after-breakfast nap.
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..I frogged it…(collective gasp of breath here…) =-.

23. I didn’t have a big problem with the time change until I looked at my computer and the clock and said, “Oh, I should go to the gym.” Everything just got pushed back a bit, which was irritating.
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..driveway lake =-.

24. Donna Meyer says:

Living in Arizona there is no DST, but that in itself is confusing since the rest of the US and the Navajo Nation in AZ do change!

25. Normally I ignore DST because I too live in AZ. HOWEVER, I bought this new alarm clock radio at Christmas time and it has preset time zones, which change all by themselves when DST hits. So I got up at what I THOUGHT was 7:00 AM yesterday and here it was only 6 AM. So now, I too hate DST only because I have to reset that darned alarm clock from Mountain Standard to Pacific and then back again in the fall. Or I’ll miss my morning wake up call to go to work. I guess the manufacturers of this clock didn’t care that 1 in 50 states doesn’t play the clock game and therefore did not put a kill switch on the time zones.

26. Stollen time sounds much nicer than stolen time! But I’m not sure if that would work well with your healthy eating plan.
    .-= LisaDP´s last blog ..Torch long gone =-.

27. I HATE DST too! What’s the point other than making us miserable twice a year??

28. Celestine Getty says:

Wendy,
    Now tell us what you REALLY think about DST…..Thanks for the laugh…..;0)

29. Donna Meyer says:

What brand of scale are you using to weight your yarn?

30. myra Harrell Fleming says:

My body is still trying to catch up with the lost time…