1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Today

It’s Publication Day! Finally! I thought it would never get here. icon smile Today

Bookcover032310 240x240 Today

All of the patterns from the book are entered in Ravelry (thanks, Aimee!) so feel free to queue ‘em up, should you so desire.

I celebrated publication day by leaving the office at noon and going to the doctor so that he could commit atrocities on my spine. I do know how to live . . .

The real fun starts this weekend. On Friday I am heading up to Philadelphia to Loop. There’ll be a book signing Friday night from 5 – 7 pm, so please stop by if you are in the area. and I’m teaching a couple of classes — details are all here. Contact Loop about class info.

I got myself a publication day present:

ring032310 217x240 Today

And finished the first half of my stole:

stole032310 240x160 Today

Lucy sez:

lucy032310 240x160 Today

“It’s just a dumb book. what’s the big deal?”

Comments

1. Happy Publication day! and the ring is lovely!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Gift Knitting =-.

2. Congrats on Publication Day and the lovely present you got for yourself!
    .-= Chris´s last blog ..Ebook Giveaway: Immortal Curse by Bronwyn Green =-.

3. Congratulations, Wendy! Hopefully I’ll have my copy ready for you to sigh in Philly on Friday.

4. The ring is beautiful. I can’t wait to see my copy of the book. I’m going back to post office in a bit to see if it delivered yet. Congrats!
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Visiting the frogs =-.

5. Congratulations! My copy is on its way from amazon and estimated to arrive on Monday – I can’t wait!

6. Lovely ring, lovely cat and probably a very lovely book. I’ll have to keep my eyes opened for a copy.

7. Love the ring! Yay publication day!

8. Congrats on publication day!!! The ring is lovely!

9. Congrats on Publicity!! WOOT!

Teh shawl is beautiful, did I say I love that color!! :D

I ♥♥♥ the Critter Socks, I must get teh book!!

10. Congrats Wendy!! I got my copy today and love it. This is a very big deal.

11. Congratulations! I can’t wait to pick it up at my LYS!!
    .-= Suzy´s last blog ..On the Final Stretch =-.

12. Oh, Lucy; your mom worked very hard on this book. I think you owe her a big apology.
    Beautiful ring, Wendy!
    Have fun at your book signing.

13. I’ve been thinking it would never get there too and Lucy needs a book about her life w a knitter, LOL Good job Wendy!

14. What a great present for yourself! Tell Lucy to suck an egg — if she could read her attitude would be very different ;)
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..Socks. =-.

15. And to think….I can say I knew her “when”. Congrats and what a loverly ring you have there.
    .-= Lynda Hitt´s last blog ..Another Unconscious Mutterings and other stuffs =-.

16. Your book arrived on my doorstep this afternoon. It’s sitting on my bed, and I’m planning to look at it later. Congratulations!

17. Everything about this book makes me happy. Congratulations, Wendy.

18. Tonya Millett says:

Congrats on publication day!!! The ring is lovely

19. Congrats on publication day! How exciting. Love your ring…pretty! :)
    .-= Roxanne´s last blog ..In the works. =-.

20. Congratulations, Wendy! (The ring is lovely, too.)

If you haven’t seen it yet, my review is up at KnittingScholar.com:
    .-= –Deb´s last blog ..Body Sans Sleeves =-.

21. Congratulations, Wendy. Can’t wait to get my own copy!
    .-= Caffeine Girl´s last blog ..No GAAK After All =-.

22. Way to go–I can’t wait to curl up with my copy this evening!

23. Congratulations on the publication! Beautiful ring! You OBVIOUSLY have good taste! Lucy agrees with me on that.

24. I think Lucy needs a publication day present too!
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..Beware… =-.

25. technikat says:

Congratulations on the book! The ring is beautiful. Is it a cameo?
    I’ve never seen a cameo that didn’t have a head.

26. My copy is in the mail. I received an email saying so. If you ever have a minute could you tell ma the procedure you are having done on your spine. Lucy looks quite comfy. The ring is gorgeous and I hope your back is not painful on your book signing. By the way CONGRATS!!! on the new book!!

27. Got mine yesterday–love the socks! Very inspirational! Congratulations!

28. picadrienne says:

Lucy darling, the book buys your salmon treats, that is the big deal.

29. Beth Aalberts says:

Congrats on your new book, the pictures are wonderful. I always wish I knew how to knit socks from the toe up, but it scares me, someday maybe! Thanks for all the adorable Lucy pictures too!

30. So, when will Lucy write her book? Will it be a behind the scene or tell-all?
    .-= Ida´s last blog ..The Dancing Socks =-.

31. Congrats! My friends at Amazon made sure I got my copy today & I can’t wait to snuggle up with it this evening & check out the patterns & techniques.

32. patricia says:

Congratulations on the book!

The ring is lovely.

I think Lucy is jealous- she needs a pub day present too!

33. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

Happy Publication Day Wendy! Congratulations on your new book. I’m waiting for Amazon to deliver my copy. I love your ring. It’s beautiful.

Kristi

34. Congratulations! And that’s a beautiful ring!

35. Wendy, you have outdone yourself. This book is even more amazing than the first sock book. There are so many patterns I want to start NOW. I bought it sight unseen and I am not disappointed. Brava! You deserve that ring.
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Duck poop and other crap =-.

36. Julie in VA says:

Hi Wendy, Happy Publication Day! My copy arrived via the post office from Amazon today. All kinds of goodies to look forward to knitting.

37. I got my copy today!! In the spirit of my New Year’s resolution, I did NOT cast on any socks from this book. I did, however, create some kits with copies of the pattern bagged up with appropriate yarn from my stash (another New Year’s resolution). I’m doing well, huh?!
    Congrats on the book – looks nice!

38. Mazel tov!

39. Karen in Baltimore says:

Congratulations on your publication day! I’m sure the book will be well received — I, for one, am making a dash to the bookstore as soon as possible. Your last book is one of my treasures, and I’m sure this one will be as well.

40. Congratulations on your “big” day. Yes, it is a big deal!! I love your “present”. It is beautiful.

41. I had to run to Ravelry to check those patterns – GORGEOUS. I think your first book is chock-full of patterns that aren’t intimidating to even new socknitters and it’s kind of cool that it looks like the patterns in this book are the next level. So now we have patterns for when we want to whip something out fast and maybe memorize a quick pattern…..and socks for the days when we want to make something a bit more special. THANK YOU Wendy!

I have a copy already reserved at my LYS :-)

42. wonderful!!

43. beetlejuiceknitter says:

Lucy ,it is a big deal . I look forward to reading it. I picked up your first book, read it from cover to cover, first time for me ! on a knitting book that is , I so often just look at the pictures. knitgradulation

44. Congrats on the book..& I love your new ring..bling..bling….

45. Congratulations! Thank you for putting out another book for us to enjoy. Hopefully there will be many more in the future. ;)

I ordered my own copy earlier today and I’m hoping it will be here before the end of the week. Just like your last sock book, I want to knit every single pattern in this one.

46. Congrats! What a beautiful present.

47. Wow, I looked at the pattern pics on Ravelry and I NEED this book. The patterns are beautiful.
    .-= Cindy´s last blog ..Some cuteness for a tuesday morning =-.

48. Congratulations! I can’t wait till mine arrives!

49. Happy Happy Publication Day! Amazon did a great job getting me my copy of your book today, and I was very excited to whip through all the pictures first, then take a little longer to actually read the copy…..

Already picking out patterns mentally and making note of tips! It’s wonderful. Brava!
    .-= Cathy-Cate´s last blog ..First Flowers of Spring =-.

50. Congratulations on the publication…the socks are all lovely. Beautiful ring too! Bask in the glory of it all!

51. fibercrone says:

Congratulations! I ordered my copy today.

52. Happy Publication Day, Wendy! Your gift to yourself is an appropriately lovely one!

53. Congratulations on the book! Love the ring – you’ve definitely earned it :o)
    .-= Joy´s last blog ..Bright! =-.

54. Congratulations on publication day! I saw it a my B&N today. I thought to myself “no coffee next week and then the book will be mine!” (there was some evil laughter too) :)
    It looks great!

55. I just got your new book in the mail & it is fabulous! I love all the new patterns. I like so many of the patterns that I am having trouble making up mind about which to knit first. I am so happy I pre-ordered this book! Now should I do the sneaky argyle socks or the heart to heart socks first…

56. Congrats – see you in St. Louis next month

57. Congratulations! Beautiful ring.
    .-= Janette´s last blog ..Chinese Garden of Friendship – Darling Harbour =-.

58. Happy Publication Day to you! Very nice choice of ring; you deserve it. :)

59. Hey, I got my notice that your book was on the way yesterday our time. Really looking forward to it. Am enjoying knitting socks in your first book too. They seem to fit so well and I love the heel. Cheers

60. Collette says:

Congratulations! And I hope you enjoyed your publication date with your doctor. ;-)

61. Congratulations! I love all the pictures on Ravelry!

62. annalilly says:

Congratulations on the book! Good for you! You deserve the pretty ring. Lucy’s just envious — tell her she needs to write her own book… Wait, that might be a great idea! ;-)

63. My bookseller says my copy of your book is on the way! I can’t wait. Congratulations and nice ring, too!
    .-= Sewbeads´s last blog ..Groundhog Day 2010 =-.

64. The book arrived yesterday from Amazon. Drool. Now I know what to do with my stash of sock yarn. The patterns are all lovely. So is your ring.

65. WOO HOO!!! Congrats!!! You must be floating on air!!

66. Lovely gift for yourself! So excited about the book…thanks for another great publication.
    .-= Elysbeth´s last blog ..It’s a lonely Roadside =-.

67. Dawn Draper says:

Congratulations! My copy arrived yesterday, and now I have to rearrange my mental queue of projects. Suddenly I have to have another pair of toe-ups on the needles. Your ring is stunning. Is it vintage? I have been haunting vintage jewelry dealers for years looking for something similar in a brooch. Gorgeous!

68. Hooray for the new book!
    .-= Aimee´s last blog ..Spin, spin, spin =-.

69. I’m going to pick up my copy this weekend – it’s on reserve! I can’t wait!

Your ring is the perfect celebration! Congratulations!!!
    (((Hugs)))

70. Mary Pat says:

The new book is wonderful – Amazon had it on my doorstep on publication day.

Also, read the great review that “Knit Circus” gave you.

CONGRATULATIONS!

71. Wendy- Congratulations on another success.

And tell Miss Lucy that “dumb” books keep her in luxury.
    .-= Lorraine´s last blog ..Marching On =-.

72. Congrats! Can’t wait to pick up a copy.

73. My copy is on its way from amazon.

74. Hey Wendy & Lucy! Congrats on publication day! Good for you for getting a little somthin’, somthin’ for yourself. I ran out and bought the book today at Barnes & Noble, and I love it! My sister has been going thru some hard times, and I plan on making her a pair of socks from your book to show my love and support.

Have a good day!

75. Jessica Peled says:

Congrats! Love the ring!!

76. Belinda Giliberti says:

Congrats! I pre-ordered your book from Amazon and it has already shipped! I can’t wait! I am really excited about the colorwork in the book and the pictures that you leaked are amazing! :-) I didn’t think that you could do a better book than than the first, which I also have. :-) Also, I hope that you get your back fixed. :-)

77. My copy is on it’s way from Amazon, the wonders of pre-ordering.
    Just love your books.

78. Congratulations! Love the ring and can’t wait to get my hands on the book.
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..It’s like Wrestlemania…(minus the fat guys in spandex) =-.

79. I really love the different fair isle and colorwork socks you have there. Truly gorgeous!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..pumpkin to cure my ills (and geekery) =-.

80. I recieved your book today ( I’m in Germany)! It’s absolutely fantastic! I’ll cast on a pair of socks later!
    .-= Sonja´s last blog ..Socken 13/2010 und 14/2010 =-.

81. Congratulations on the new book! It looks like a winner. The ring is beautiful! Is it antique?

82. inlovewithalpaca says:

I love your ring. Perfect gift for publication day.

83. Happy Publication Day! LOVE the ring!
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Found it! =-.

84. Happy publication day! I just ordered the book yesterday, and got a notice that it has shipped this morning. And that ring is gorgeous!

85. Congratulations on the book!!! And what Lucy doesn’t realize is that the “dumb book” keeps her housed, fed and loved…. And I love Lucy.

86. A day late, but congratulations! And Lucy, the big deal is with each new book, Wendy can buy you more treats. We gotta work to take care of the furry ones….
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..New Sweater =-.

87. Yeaaa!!! I love the cameo! I love to gift myself too as I always know what to get me!!

88. Congratulations! Quite an achievement!
    .-= Sharilyn´s last blog ..Happy St. Patrick’s Day =-.

89. Congratulations! And, Amazon tells me my copy is on it’s way!!

90. jo morgan says:

Congratulations, Wendy. I am sure this is another beautiful book which I will not be able to resist despite my vowing a yarn/knitting pattern diet. The ring is gorgeous also. Have fun at Loop!

91. The book is beautiful!!! Congratulations!

92. lovely present, as always lovely shawl and a huge congrats on the new book!
    .-= turtle´s last blog ..Spring Sprung =-.

93. Congrats on the book! I picked up my copy at B&N today, and I would honestly have a hard time picking just ONE sock as a favorite. Everything about it is just beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you and the fabulous socks at Fibre Space next weekend!

94. Love the ring! How very nice to treat yourself after all your hard work! AND, I love the copy of the new book I was lucky enough to win. My girls and mom have already picked out patterns they want made up. Oh what a lucky knitting slave am I! Perhaps I’ll even get to make a pair for myself!

95. Happy Publication Day! A few days late, but something like that needs to be celebrated for at least a week…

I’m glad you got yourself such a nice publication day present. I’m still working on patterns from your first book, but hope to make my way up to these soon.

I’ve just gotten so complacent with hats and scarves. Seriously, who doesn’t progress beyond those in 4 years? Me, apparently!

Hope your weekend is less stressful than I’m imagining it will be :)
    .-= Mary´s last blog ..Night terrors and other things =-.

96. MamaLana says: