1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Tempus Fugit

I fully intended to blog yesterday, but time got away from me, as it has been doing more and more these days.

I had a lovely trip to Charlotte, NC this past weekend, and taught classes to some really great knitters, and had a chance to hang out with some good friends. All in all, a very successful trip. But of course, the return to reality took a bit of time and I’m now dealing with the after-effects of being out of the office for a couple of days. Yikes!

I took CeCe with me as my travel knitting, so managed to make some progress. I got the body done up to the point where you cast off stitches for the armholes.

And I knit one sleeve up to the point of joining it to the body, and am working along on the second sleeve. Because they are short sleeves, this is pretty quick work.

sleeve051110 240x160 Tempus Fugit

The next step will be to put the whole thing together, and then continue to knit back and forth on the body and sleeves at the same time, doing raglan decreases and vee-neck decreases as I go.

I also have a very time-consuming stealth project I need to devote a lot of attention to, so progress on CeCe will continue slowly, I think.

A couple of you ask what I mean by “stealth” projects — these are things I am working on that for one reason or another I am not posting about publicly.  That’s all. It’s nothing dramatic — I’m not knitting Kevlar vests for the FBI or anything.

Norwegian Rose KAL

Leslie of The Knitgirllls tells me that they (the Knitgirllls, Leslie and Laura) are starting a knit-along for my Norwegian Rose Socks, which is one of the colorwork patterns in my new book, Toe-Up Socks for Every Body.

NorwegianRoseSock051110 160x240 Tempus Fugit

They mentioned the knit-along in their latest podcast (check the link above), and there is a thread for it in their Ravelry group.

Lucy Sez

Lucy051110 240x234 Tempus Fugit

“I think the Norwegian Rose Socks should be knit in chocolate and cream so that they match my beautiful fur.”

Comments

1. “You just get a photo of the second sleeve in progress because I am tired and lazy. Mostly lazy.” – I love this. It makes me giggle.

Thanks for the shout out – Can’t wait to cast on my socks!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Episode 9 – Post Atlanta Glow =-.

2. Stephanie says:

Don’t tell Lucy, but she kind of looks like a badger in that photo.

3. Frances says:

I love those socks. I think they will be my first foray into colorwork.

4. Lucy is right, as usual! :)

5. Have to agree with Lucy on the socks. Can we get a pic of the infamous bag that had people drooling?
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..What’s on The Needles…. =-.

6. Lynda Hitt says:

I want to knit those socks, but I need to find just the right yarn, and I didn’t buy it at the spring fling, so I need to shop for it, watcha think?

7. Susan Murphy says:

The socks are soooo gorgeous! I am just learning “socks” and am using Wendy’s basic Fingering Weight Toe-up Socks with Gusset and Slip Stitch Heel. I am almost finished and I love them! Nothing fancy til I get the hang of the gusset and heel…These are my second socks. The first pair was top down and I much prefer toe up. Followed a Turkish cast on from a site on line…the internet is GREAT! I asked for any Wendy’s sock book for my birthday (May 16) so we’ll see…I so enjoy this blog.

8. You are not knitting Kevlar vests for the FBI? And why not, young lady? Even special agents need garments knit with love.
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..Animal funnies. =-.

9. I think a Norwegian Rose in chocolate and cream would be beautiful. Maybe just a touch of blue somewhere in there to match Lucy’s eyes…
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..Stress Reduction =-.

10. Reminds me of a friend who said she needed a navy blue cat. But the one she had was pure white.

11. Kathie Brownlee says:

Lucy, I agree. I have decorated my entire home in creams, ecrus, and browns to match Kibby.

12. When is Lucy not right?
    .-= LaLa´s last blog ..Episode 9 – Post Atlanta Glow =-.

13. But Lucy, we need to add a tinge of blue in there somewhere for your eyes!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..月曜ばか =-.

14. I agree with Lucy, chocolate and cream would work beautifully.

15. chocolate and cream sound gorgeous. maybe some lovely handspuns.
    .-= PMOYS´s last blog ..Ramblings… =-.

16. Melissa says:

Matching Lucy would be absolutely over the top wonderfully beautiful. Now where did I put my brain.