Thank you for all the great comments on CeCe. I’m very pleased at how this turned out. It is still damp from wet-blocking it, but hopefully will be completely dry and ready to wear soon.
I’ve still got a time-consuming stealth project I am working on, but that did not stop me from casting on for something new. I’ve started a project I mentioned last week: d’Azur, from one of the Sublime books I bought weekend before last.
Here’s the photo of the finished design from the book:
It’s from the Soya Cotton book #632 and is supposed to be knit from, not surprisingly, Soya Cotton. I’m knitting mine from the yarn I posted a photo of in yesterday’s blog entry: Knit one Crochet Two Ty-Dy Cotton. I’m using color #518 — “Meadow.”
I sat down to cast on the back of the sweater yesterday, and had the ribbing done quickly — it was only 2 inches of ribbing, after all.
As I mentioned last week, the book is printed in a tiny font in grey, which makes it difficult to read, and there are no charts.
Fortunately, this is a very easy knit. It has crossed my mind to chart the pattern if need be, but the all-over lace pattern is only 4 rows long, and it is easily memorized, so I did not bother. Here is my progress as of Sunday night:
I am liking the subtle striping of the Ty-Dy Cotton, very much.
The pattern is sized for a number of different sizes, and I’m making the second size. One weird little thing that I didn’t like about the pattern is that for the second size you need to start some of the rows with a k2tog and end with an ssk. It occurred to me that would make it unnecessarily bulky when seaming, so I added 2 extra stitches — a plain knit stitch at each end. I think when the time comes to put this together, I’ll be happy I did this.
“I have a case of the Mondays.”