1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

d’Azur

As you can see, I finished d’Azur.

dazur053110 188x240 dAzur

I did manage to get the sides on each side of the front neck shaping to match pretty well.

dazurneck053110 240x160 dAzur

Here’s a close-up of a sleeve, which is worked entirely in the bottom rib pattern.

dazursleeve0533110 160x240 dAzur

I actually stayed up til about 2:00am to finish it. What can I say — I was on a roll and didn’t want to stop, and since today was a holiday, I didn’t have to get up early. Of course, I have now completely scrambled my sleep pattern so who knows what time I’ll fall asleep tonight. Tomorrow at the office should be interesting . . .

Anyhow, I did sleep a bit late and then spent the morning in household chores. This afternoon I started on this:

newwip053110 240x160 dAzur

Lucy has continued her relaxing weekend.

Lucy053110 240x160 dAzur

Nothing interferes with her sleep schedule!

Comments

1. beautiful.
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Visiting the frogs =-.

2. BEAUTIFUL!

3. Barb Harger says:

Very nice, Wendy…can you make me one in the same colors??? LOL Just kidding!

4. Barb Harger says:

Forgot to say I may make me one sometime soon.

5. Looks great! The striping turned out really nicely.
    .-= The Unraveled Librarian´s last blog ..Chocolate Chip Cookies =-.

6. Very nice top! The way you managed the yarn to have the green stripes at top and bottom, with the aqua ones in between makes for a great design element. Just finished my first Bombshell, from Big Girl Knits, so I’ve been sort of sharing your progress, lol!

Have a nice Memorial Day nap with Lucy – one of the best things about holiday Mondays.

7. It is well worth the loss of sleep…beautiful…

8. Milinda says:

Very pretty. I love the colors.

9. Ann Rose says:

I like the look of the d’Azur, just enough lace patterning to make it feel very summery and light. Wonder if it might also work in a lightweight wool for fall/spring. I’m with Lucy, nothing should interrupt the sleep schedule — it’s sacrosanct! My kitties, however, have not received that message — sigh.

10. I would have stayed up until all hours too. Really pretty and totally worth a few hour’s less sleep.
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Somebody loan me $10–the ice cream truck is here! =-.

11. The sweater’s lovely!
    .-= Ida´s last blog ..Memories and an FO =-.

12. Socks!!!!

Teddy’s chance to shine!

13. The d’Azur is wonderful! I love the pattern stitch, the yarn, the pattern, and the colors. I want one Right.Now.

Ahem.

The yarn for your next project is intriguing. Cannot wait to see what it becomes!
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..Two words. =-.

14. Nice! I love the colors!
    .-= LaLa´s last blog ..On the Road Again =-.

15. d’Azur is tres magnificent!!! Beautiful work, I love the colors. And I told DH, “see, I’m not the only one who knits at 2am!!!”

Happy Knitting!
    S~
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..ManyhorsesMane has just got back from another 3 mile walk-T-boomers lurk near town but miss us, so far… =-.

16. That’s a wonderful summer top there!

Now to the Kauni, which looks rather Lucy-colored, from the glimpse….Intriguing. And I see the Addi Laces there….ready for …. lace?
    .-= Cathy-Cate´s last blog ..Say It with Flowers =-.

17. LaVelle Nott says:

I love your d’Azur, I don’t suppose it has a plus size pattern. You did a really good job with the knitting and picking out of yarn. It looks great.
    LaVelle

18. Your d”Azur is beautiful- I don’t blame you for staying up until 2 AM. It was worth it!!!
    Your neckline is only purrrfect! Will hav to try this one myself! I bet you won’t have trouble getting to sleep tonight.

19. It looks beautiful! Love the colors and the pattern.

20. Your d’Azur is beautiful. I don’t blame you for wanting to finish and staying up late!
    Your neckline is purrrfect! I will have to try this pattern !I don’t think you will have any trouble sleeping or rather getting to sleep. Just saying!

21. Celestine Getty says:

WOW how beautiful! You did a great job.

22. Your sweater came out so cute. I am a so-so knitter, my thing is quilting, I wish I could take lessons from you!
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Lady Liberty on Sweet Land of Liberty =-.

23. Peggy Sands says:

Just beautiful. Can’t wait to see a photo of you in it. Wonderful summer sweater.

24. So pretty! You are a knitting wizard! Lucy is lovely, as always.

25. Turned out much nicer than I imagined…very cute, love the capped sleeve!

26. It’s really pretty. And I’m jealous…can’t wear horizontal stripes without looking like I weigh 400 pounds!!! Are you going to model this one for us?
    .-= Ruthie´s last blog ..Hmmmm =-.

27. Dorothy says:

Absolutely beautiful! I love that yarn colour way also!! It is now hot enough to wear!! Lucy is a snuggle bug!

28. Dang you are fast! I was all set to finish a sweater this weekend too (the only thing I’ve worked on for the last two weeks), but after my run I was too tired to do more than read something light and stare off into space. Hopefully this week I’ll get it all finished!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..2:38:43 =-.

29. Lovely, that yarn really works w/that pattern. Must. Make. Soon.
    .-= KathyB´s last blog ..Mole Alert: Unleashing Some Helping Hands =-.

30. SharonB says:

Stayed up late finishing my first pinwheel sweater (Elann’s). Looks more like a spiderweb with extensions per the hubby.

31. Lovely!

32. Lovely!!!
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..All that matters in the end is how we love… =-.

33. Beautiful! Love the colors!
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..Recovery =-.

34. The sweater is beautiful! Great job! Are you going to do another “Starmore” with the Kauni?

35. Celeste Nossiter says:

It came out beautifully – that yarn worked really well. But now you’re on to kauni, my all-time favorite! Can’t wait to see what you’re gonna make with it – will it be lace?

36. CaroleP (ohio says:

That top is GREAT! The yarn, the colors, the knitter. GREAT!
    Are you giving it away – I want one.