1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

More Linen Stitch

Just in case you wondered . . .

Yes, I am still working on the Elemental Boatneck, or as I have been calling it in my head, “The Never-Ending Linen Stitch.”

wip061610 240x160 More Linen Stitch

But seriously, I don’t mind The Never-Ending Linen Stitch because the fabric it creates is so very pretty! I think the wrong side is pretty too — see?

wip061610a 240x160 More Linen Stitch

The gauge for the linen stitch is 6 stitches and 9.5 rows per inch. That’s a whole lotta rows per inch, but because of the way linen stitch is worked, what with all the slipping of stitches, it does compress the fabric. So I knit and knit and knit and don’t seem to make a whole lot of progress.

But this project is green and green always makes me happy. The yarn is pleasant to knit, so that makes me happy too. I need 13.5 inches completed on the body before I divide the piece for the armholes. I’ve got 8 or so inches right now, so I’m getting there.

Clean Eating Update

At my last official weigh-in, I am pleased to report that I have lost a total of 50 pounds since I started clean eating back at the beginning of December. Go, me! There have been long stretches of time when I’ve been on a plateau, but persistence has paid off. Well, it is really not so much persistence. It truly is a lifestyle change. I feel pretty sure I’ll be eating like this for the rest of my life. I figured it out — I’ve been doing this for about 26 weeks, so I’ve had a weight loss of almost 2 pounds a week, which is a good slow rate of loss.

Of course, I had to buy myself a present to commemorate the 50 pound mark.

This is a Carlos Falchi purse in fuschia python.

purse061610 160x240 More Linen Stitch

With a tan suede lining.

pursea061610 240x160 More Linen Stitch

Excuse me, for I must swoon with delight.

Lucy sez:

Lucy061610 240x180 More Linen Stitch

“I’d rather have a paper ball to play with!”

Comments

1. I like the linen stitch and that green yarn, very pretty.
    .-= Lilah ´s last blog ..HURRAY! =-.

2. Congratulations on 50 pounds lost. That’s fantastic, and the beautiful new purse is well deserved :-) In my mind, 2 pounds a week for 26 weeks is NOT a slow rate of loss at all.

I think I might almost like the inside of the linen stitch better than the outside. It’s already looking like a beautiful sweater!

3. the linen stitch is lovely! I can see how it could be fun. I’m enjoying some big stockinette these days. And congrats on the healthy eating paying off so well!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Planning and preparation =-.

4. Yikes–congratulations. You deserve at least one present!

5. Celestine Getty says:

Beautiful people deserve beautiful gifts. You go girl!

6. Congrats!!! 50Lbs is Cool! I love that handbag too. You deserve that treat:-)Keep on doing it!

7. mwknitter says:

Congratulations on losing 50 lb. Takes dedication. I too love linen stitch.

8. Ruth Ann says:

You go girl!!

9. Wow! Awesome! 1) that linen stitch is fabulous. I’m glad you have the patience and commitment to do it. Someone clearly should as it obviously rocks. I don’t think I’ll ever be that person. 2) Your lifestyle change and subsequent enormous weight loss is also fabulous and similarly amazing as a testament to patience and commitment. I hope to be that person in 6 months. Your blog continues to inspire me creatively and physically. THANK YOU

10. Adrienne says:

Congratulations on your clean eating! Good luck on the linen stitch.

11. Go you! That is awesome about the healthy weight loss.

And there really isn’t anything better than knitting something that makes you happy. Even if it takes forever.
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..Phew. =-.

12. EileenD says:

Great sweater. I haven’t done anything with Linen Stitch yet, but this might inspire me. Congratulations on the results of eating healthy! Have you changed your exercise routine at all?

13. Great bag!! Congrats on 50 pounds – 2 pounds a week is awesome.
    .-= Michele Corbeil´s last blog ..Dancing Cats Project Bag =-.

14. Congrats on the weight loss. And your projects are beautiful. I always enjoy your posts.

15. Linda from Kansas says:

Congratulations on the weight loss! YAY for you! :-)

and the linen stitch is very pretty. I may have to swatch up a bit just to see how it goes.

16. Is that gauge for 4 inches or for 1 inch? It makes more sense per 1 inch.

Congrats on the excuse for the new bag!

17. Love your latest project and CONGRATS on your weight loss! Fabulous! luv.m.

18. congratulations on the milestone! bet you feel better too. does the lifestyle change include more exercise? I discovered, much to my dismay, as I made it to the other side of 50, if you don’t exercise, the weight just won’t come off.

19. the NE Linen Stitch is LOVELY, even on the reverse side~ worth every minute, hour, day, week spent to get the resulting fabric. Well done!

>>>>>>>>>>>tosses Miss Lucy a virtual yarn ball ~~~~~@
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..ManyhorsesMane shares =-.

20. Congratulations on the weight loss. That’s an achievement that’s worth celebrating. Lovely purse.
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..Skein 1, Page 7 =-.

21. 50 pounds! Good going! You certainly deserve that purse – I love the color!

Keep up the good work! (I love exclamation points!) !!!!!

Gwen

22. Love the purse, love the clean eating. Congratulations on the weight loss – that’s a big accomplishment. And even bigger props for your outlook, not dieting but changing your eating habits for life. I did that too, and it’s a hard concept for people to grasp. Hear hear! for strong and healthy knitters.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Summer Strength Program: Day 1 =-.

23. Jennifer Y says:

Congrats on your weight loss! Now that is dedication! =)

24. Losing 50 lbs = wonderful! Color of new purse = wonderful!

25. Congrats on the weight loss!! I love the new purse – good choice!!
    .-= Sharon´s last blog ..Musical Confessions =-.

26. Kathy L. says:

CONGRATULATIONS on the success of your clean eating lifestyle! The improvement in overall health is definitely an bonus with this, but the weight loss is an even greater extra bonus! You are definitely right … it is a lifestyle change, not a diet, and your body is probably thanking you for it! I just need to get motivated enough to ease in that direction …
    Beautiful linen stitch by the way!

27. Congratulations and awesome bag! Nice choice since I don’t believe fuchsia pythons are endangered!

28. Congrats on your accomplishment. Your present is very well deserved!
    Love the Linen Stitch and of course the green!

29. Fantastic for you! Maybe it will rub off on me. I hope, I hope…
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Need something to read? =-.

30. congrats!! (lol lucy) great job! I am down to the last 17 pounds and it has slowed down loss wise. Off to my quinoa/broccoli spaghetti dinner now! Keep at it!
    .-= turtle´s last blog ..Yup, my baby… =-.

31. Dorothy says:

I cannot wait to see this little sweater finished. I love that stitch pattern. I think clean eating suits you very well……………and I love that bag!!! It is gorgeous as is sweet little Lucy.

32. CaroleP (ohio says:

Congrats on your weight loss – and your new way of eating, it surely does work. I’ve tried just not eating the bad stuff. That works half as well ;-) You deserve the purse!!!
    The linen stitch is so pretty, but I don’t have the patience at the moment.

33. Congratulations on the weight loss and the lifestyle change! Good for you – in so many ways!

34. Wow! You really know how to treat yourself. I have owned cars that cost less than that bag. haha After losing that much weight though, you definitely deserve it. My weight loss has stalled after about 18 lbs. I need to lose about 30 more. I’ve been a dirty cheater on my clean eating, though. Full fat dairy just hunts me down and jumps in my mouth. (That’s my story)

35. P.S. Did you hit the sale at Bloomingdale’s? That very bag was on sale for a very sweet price there. ;-)

36. Congratulations on your weight loss! Although it sounds like the Eat-Clean program was a complete lifestyle change, it didn’t sound too painful. You have inspired me to investigate this program.

Please post some before and after photos!!!! Model some of your current FOs, for example.

Keep up the good work!

Awesome bag, BTW.
    .-= Geri´s last blog ..I ♥ Pot Luck (urp!) =-.

37. Kathie Brownlee says:

Lucy always looks so bored and sort of “above it all”.

38. What? A non-yarn-related reward? Congrats!

39. Susanne says:

Congrats on 50lbs. I am oh so close at 40 and was wanting by the end of June but liking what I have done so far. It is a good feeling and you greatly deserve that purse.

40. The handbag is lovely, but 50 lbs is amazing! Congrats!

41. Leslie F says:

Diet has such a nasty connotation…but it is, simply, what you put in your mouth. Congratulations on staying on your new dietary lifestyle…changes like that are hard to make and sustain. I have had to make a few of my own over the past year.

Do you exercise as well? Just curious…

And, oh yeah, I like the knitting updates, too! I always like to see how quickly your projects progress. I wish I had productive commuting time…SIGH! As I drove into work yesterday, I was thinking how much it sucks that I have to drive.

42. Caty Bach says:

Thank you for posting about your progress with clean eating. It is really inspiring to see you make the lifestyle change.

Love the green sweater. Seeing its progress is a great way to start the morning!

43. Bridget says:

VERY impressive weight loss. You consistently demonstrate “stick-to-it-tive-ness” with your knitting and now with clean eating. Persistence pays off! :)

44. Congratulations on the healthy life style change! It is great how well that is working for you.
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..last tuesday =-.

45. Just think how much more linen stitch you would have had to do fifty pounds ago! Congratulations, Wendy– well done!

46. Pensguys says:

Congratulations on the 50#!!! I’ve lost almost 70 with eating clean and it makes you feel wonderful! Keep up the great work!

47. I love the texture of the linen stitch. I’ve got to “design” a moebius for a class at LYS and will check out the stitch in IK. It’s the kind of texture that I need for this .
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Visiting the frogs =-.

48. That’s awesome. I might look into that next Jan. when the kids have moved out and it’s just my husband and me. You probably have a lot of knitted sweaters that are way too big now. It’s a good think you knit so many socks–they probably still fit! :-)

49. Mega swoon, what a beautiful bag. I love the expression on Lucy’s face, very funny although she looks highy unamused.

Many congrats on the weightloss, nice and steady is the best and healthiest way to lose weight and keep it off.

Best wishes,
    Lisa:)

50. Love the reverse of the linen stitch, there is so much texture – congrats on the lifestyle change, i’ve really been conscious of the whites in my diet (sugar, breads, rice) and after preaching to others about the need to change eating habits by putting whole grains and fruits/veggies in i’m totally amazed at the increase in energy, better sleep, weight loss without a lot of exercise other than walking — keep up the good work and the inspiration.

51. Gretcheng says:

Wendy, congratulations on making and maintaining your lifestyle change! You are doing a great job and that doesn’t sound like a particularly slow weight loss at all. The plateaus must have been pretty short! We should all make such progress at self improvement.

52. I would like to swoon with you – that is one gorgeous purse! Congrats on the loss, you earned it.
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Bet you didn’t expect this. =-.

53. Mary Lou says:

You have inspired me to try clean eating…and I have lost 24 pounds in 10 weeks. I have also ridden my bike and swum daily so the increase in exercise helped a lot. If only I could figure out how to knit while riding my bike! Exercise seriously cuts into my knitting time but being healthier is certainly worth it. Your new purse is fabulous!

54. mary erdman says:

what is clean eating? P.S. I LOVE your sweater you are working on. the reverse side of the linen stitch certainly beautiful!

55. That is fabulous! You certainly deserve a present. I admire your fortitude, you have given me hope and I may try this myself (having 40 extra pounds to get rid of)
    Pat

56. Congratulations on your weight loss! That is a great accomplishment.
    Daniela from France
    .-= Daniela´s last blog ..Commitment =-.

57. Lisa Downing says:

Wendy, In case you didn’t get my email, thanks ever so much for the free, lovely pattern. What fun! Can’t wait for my yarn to arrive. It will be a real treat to knit. Love the linen stitch, too. It DOES look great on both sides! Thanks, again. LisaD in upstate NY

58. Wendy, you go girl! Congratulations on the weight loss. I’ve lost 40 lbs. over the past seven months, and when I pick up something that heavy now (well, kitty litter, of course) and realized that’s how much I’ve lost, I give myself a pat on the much thinner back. Keep up the excellent work with both food and needles.
    .-= Sue Mohr´s last blog ..Gail’s Quilt =-.

59. Congrats on losing 50 pounds!

60. Congratulations on your weight loss, Wendy! I’m down 42 pounds myself, and I know it’s making you feel better to have done it, ’cause it’s making me feel better, too!
    ((((hugs))))
    .-= Knitnana´s last blog ..WWKIP! The Crooked Stitch =-.

61. wow thats pretty! and congrats on the weightloss!!

62. Congrats on the weight loss! woohoo!!
    .-= Melanie´s last blog ..Saturday 9: Jumping Someone Else’s Train =-.

63. Robin F says:

Wow- congrats on the 50 lb. loss!! And so quickly. What an inspiration- knitting and clean eating. My hero!! LOL.

64. As usual, I’m behind on blog reading, but wanted to congratulate you on such an amazing weight loss, and especially for doing it the right way. Congratulations!
    .-= Mary´s last blog ..Vacation birding =-.

65. Frances says:

Go you! I am impressed by your stick-to-it-tiveness (that’s a word, yes?)
    And great purse!