1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Independence Day

Happy Independence Day to all who celebrate it.

Today Lucy exerts her free will to sit in my lap for as long as she wants.

lucy070310 240x162 Independence Day

And I will knit on my shawlette:

Wip070410 240x160 Independence Day

I lost a great deal of knitting time yesterday being ill — I either poisoned myself with my own cooking on Friday night or had some sort of stomach bug. But I am feeling much better today, so I will spend a good part of the day knitting. Who knows? I may complete this project today!

Have a great Independence Day and/or a great Sunday!

Comments

1. I’m so glad you’re feeling better today. I can’t wait to see this one complete, it’s looking really beautiful. You’ll have to give me some pointers on shawls in November.
    .-= Muriel´s last blog ..Norwegian Rose in Pictures =-.

2. So happy that you are feeling better. Have a great day with Lucy :-)
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..A finished pair of socks and one in progress =-.

3. Happy holiday and happy knitting–I’m glad you are better!

4. Glad you are feeling better!! Enjoy your day with Lucy and your knitting! :)
    .-= Walden´s last blog ..Tour De Fleece- =-.

5. Happy 4th to you and Lucy!
    .-= Cathie Jones´s last blog ..Hal Smith Joins The Jim Cullum Jazz Band =-.

6. Greetings from Finland! I’m happy you are feeling better!

7. Sherry Coleman says:

be well soon!

8. Sue Johnson says:

Can’t wait for the new shawlette pattern to become available. Glad you are feeling better!
    momsue84

9. Happy Independence Day, Wendy!

You’re making what I consider the perfect color all the more beautiful!

10. I’m glad you’re feeling better! And I really love the beginning of the shawlette. Can’t wait to see it finished and get the pattern!
    .-= Caffeine Girl´s last blog ..Ready- Set- Cast-on =-.

11. Theresa in Italy says:

Happy Independence Day to you and Lucy too, Wendy (oh yes, I celebrate!) and glad to know you’re feeling better. Looking forward to seeing the new shawlette in a;; its glory!

12. Theresa in Italy says:

That should be “ALL its glory”—too much celebration?

13. Hi Wendy, Glad you are feeling better today. Your shawlette is beautiful. Love those Loopy solids. Lucy looks like she is enjoying the day and I hope you are too.

14. Being sick on a weekend is just not fair! I’m glad you’re feeling better today.

Happy 4th of July to you, too!
    .-= janna´s last blog ..More crochet- =-.

15. I’m glad you’re feeling better. Know that you are not alone…a few years ago I gave myself a little dose of salmonella by eating my own leftover chicken stir-fry. What would we do without our knitting when these things happen?

16. Shirley. in PA says:

How awful being sick when you’re off, and in this heat. Glad you’re feeling better, and I’m sure Lucy will take good care of you.

17. Oh, that is awful!
    You shawl looks like it is shaped at the shoulder. If so I will most certainly make it. Will it take just two skeins? Or should I order more? I want to try the yarn and make one of your patterns (which are always great :) )

18. that shawlette is really adorable… is it going to be triangle shaped?? I’m on the search for a little shawl to knit for PWOS (prairie woman on snowmobiles) they ride skidoos around sask raising money for brest cancer research and for the past few yrs I’ve been knitting something for them to auction off to raise money for this…

19. Your shawlette is beautiful. I am glad that beautiful Lucy is enjoying her day of free will. And although I am allergic to cats, I have always understood them to be all about free will all the time! :) Glad you are feeling better. Stomach virus/food poisoning = miserable!

20. You know you’re really sick when it prevents you from knitting. It takes a pretty nasty bug to make me put my sticks and string down! Glad you’re feeling better.

21. Barbara Petraske says:

glad you recovered from that nasty but at least Lucy got lap time so all was not bad, and I have a question – what is the difference between a shawlette and a shawl – final dimensions and when do you make that choice, as you start or by the amount of yarn you have.

22. I’m so sorry you were sick!! Have fun today relaxing and knitting! I love the color of your shawlette!!

23. Food poisoning is so awful on your body – glad you are feeling better. Hope you and Miss Lucy had a wonderful 4th!

24. Hope your stomach is better, something is going around. I had it yesterday as well as the lady hosting the bbq we were supposed to go to, so , lol, i don’t think you poisoned yourself. :)
    .-= turtle´s last blog ..4th weekend already- hey- wheres my sweater- =-.

25. Dorothy says:

Hope you are feeling much better today!! Happy Independence Day to you and Lucy!!

26. I’m sorry you got sick, but look at the bright side: at least you weren’t too sick to knit!

27. Sorry to hear you were sick. – FYI – there is a gastro-intestinal virus going around USA and everyone will get it. It is vicious as I had my turn last month (yuck). Most people think it is food poisoning or the flu.

28. Good nice of your blog!very beautiful!
    .-= paul´s last blog ..jsp 上传图片并生成缩位图或者加水印 -给图片添加水印-生成缩小图片程序 =-.