Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Before and After

I finished my shawlette — did the bind-off last night. Here is the before photo:

before070510 240x160 Before and After

As you can see, this design has 5 triangular-shaped sections.Pre-blocked, the long edge of each tirangle is about 14 inches.

And here it is, blocked and pinned out:

After070510 240x171 Before and After

After blocking, each of those long edges is about 23 inches.

I knit this on a U.S. size 6 needle and used 2 skeins of The Loopy Ewe Solid Series yarn in the “Hydrangea” colorway — it’s fingering weight hand has approximately 220 yards per 2 ounce skein. I estimate I used a bit under 400 yards — there was about 17 grams of yarn left over.

The pattern will be coming soon.

In the meantime, Lucy demonstrates a perfect circle:

Lucy070510 240x213 Before and After

Comments

1. LOVE!!!!!!
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Sunday =-.

2. I love how cats can do that! Her coloring is very pretty in that pic – quite zen!

3. Barbara Petraske says:

love the new shawlette and the idea of 5 triangles – can’t wait for the pattern.

4. Very pretty!
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Friday photos =-.

5. Lucy’s pose/repose is amazing! Love the shawl, too.

6. Barb Harger says:

LOL! Cats! I just want to reach in the pic and tickle her fur! Shawlette is nice!

7. Lovely. And Lucy is wonderfully geometric.
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..The weekend =-.

8. linda-kay says:

I’m loving the idea of 5 triangles. I’ve done triangular shawls before, but not happy with the way they fit on me. I can’t wait to try your pattern. Now I’m off to Loopy Ewe to check out that yarn! Thanks Wendy!

9. 1horsetown says:

Any pics of what it looks like on? Just wondering how the geometry works with shoulders.

10. Wowza…pretty! How is the yarn to knit with?
    .-= Lynda´s last blog ..I was doing so well =-.

11. michele says:

Love it! I received my SA needles in the mail this weekend and now I’m going to buy some loopy ewe solids yarn…you get working on that pattern πŸ™‚ Lucy has a rough life…

12. I also would like to see a picture of the shawlette being worn. That does make all the difference. The pattern is intriguing and the color very, very beautiful. I laughed when I saw Lucy in a perfect circle pose!

13. I don’t always comment but wanted to ask if it could be shown on a body and not on the floor…….then I read that I am not the only one who is curious about this!
    Very pretty!
    .-= Cindy in FL´s last blog ..Independence Day- =-.

14. oh yea baby, love that shawl… can’t wait for it to be released!

15. So pretty! The shape reminds me of a Stealth bomber…

16. Beautiful! You inspire me!

17. Very beautiful! Hope you are feeling better πŸ™‚

18. Love the geometric shapes in this post! So cool how the shawl has those triangles! And Lucy in the perfect circle. Beautiful. My Siberian Husky does that too. It’s the sweetest.
    .-= Christina Bieloh´s last blog ..Irresistible Yarn =-.

19. Lucy makes the prettiest morph ball.
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..Tuesday- =-.

20. Another wonderful Wendy creation. Can’t wait for the pattern. I, too, am on a shawlette knitting kick, right now.

21. Good Job! I wonder what it would look like on Gwendolyn? Hope you had a happy 4th, for sure the time off, eh?

22. Dorothy says:

I love the shade of yarn and the unusual shape you desighed!! Gorgeous. I look forward to the pattern sometime!!

23. Wendy,
    I love the beauty in the uniqueness of this shawl. Yarn should be here today or tomorrow. I, along with many others will wait….patiently! You are a very talented gal!
    PS I bet Lucy looks great in blue!
    Andi

24. The color is wonderful and the design most interesting. I’d like to see how it looks “on”–you should model it for us!

25. I love the shape of the shawlette.
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..It’ll be easier now =-.

26. Wendy Bloom says:

Where’s a good place to find blocking wires? Do they come in different lengths? can I make some myself?

27. Fun shape for your new shawl. I like shawls that wrap around the body like that.

28. Kathie Brownlee says:

Kibby says, “Whew Lucy, its so hot my fur is falling out in bunches! How about yours?”

29. So gorgeous!
    .-= kala´s last blog ..Starrlight Jewelry Giveaway- =-.

30. I love the shape of that shawl. I seem to be knitting small shawlette size shawls these days so I look forward to seeing that one when the pattern comes out.

31. What a lovely shawlette… and cat ^..^ πŸ™‚

32. She’s pretending to be a shawl! A perfectly infinite circle.
    .-= MicheleinMaine´s last blog ..La Famille du Mouton Lime Mini Bag =-.

33. Elaine Larsen says:

Another winner by Wendy.

34. So sorry to hear of your ill health problems. Will keep you in my prayers.
    Love the shawl and everything else you design and knit.
    Question about CeCe—I worked this sweater acording to the directions but was unhappy with the increases in the center of the under arm panels. I droped all the panel sts. and reworked tham to blend with the lace pattern.What did you think of those increases in the stokinette? )-:

35. It always amazes me to see how much blocking can change the appearance of something!
    .-= Sharon´s last blog ..Free Pattern is UP- =-.

36. It looks like the perfect style shawl to keep at the office to throw on when you’re chilled. It’s also the perfect excuse for me to try TLE’s new yarn! I’m praying your health problems are only temporary. I have back/neck/sciatic issues that are ascerbated by the 45 degree angle of 8 hours sitting in an office chair and to a certain point I “feel your pain”. Here’s hoping that it doesn’t prevent you from knitting and creating – especially for your own personal enjoyment of this wonderful craft! Rest well and heal quickly!