1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Seems Like I Just Got Started

When did I start my new shawlette? July 5th, according to my records. And here this little dickens is done already. I completed it yesterday.

winterbefore071210 240x160 Seems Like I Just Got Started

It doesn’t look like much, does it?

I blocked it yesterday afternoon. Blocked, it is looking far more impressive.

winterblocking071210 240x197 Seems Like I Just Got Started

This is my own design — I’m calling it the “Winter Morn” shawl. It is knit from the Loopy Ewe Solid Series fingering weight yarn in the “Silver Sage” colorway. I used two skeins, and had 29 grams left over from the second skein.

winterfront071210 160x240 Seems Like I Just Got Started

Pre-blocked, it measured 52″ across the top edge and 18″ down the center back. Blocked it is 72″ along the top and 28″ down the center back.

winterback071210 160x240 Seems Like I Just Got Started

I knew the main pattern would block out prettily. icon smile Seems Like I Just Got Started

wintercloseup071210 240x160 Seems Like I Just Got Started

Lucy sez:

lucy071210 240x160 Seems Like I Just Got Started

“And I helped!”

Comments

1. That tricksy Lucy is always inspecting your work for errors!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Episode 16 – Where We Are Full Of Fail =-.

2. Sue Johnson says:

Wonderful! Turned out so lovely! Can’t wait for it to hit your Rav store!

3. Another shawl I gotta have! It is Beautiful

4. She’s so well-behaved! Never seems to hook the lace with her claws!

5. When are you going to release the pattern for this one?
    .-= Lynda´s last blog ..I was doing so well =-.

6. That was superfast! Looks pretty.
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..This is why Im hot =-.

7. This is beautiful! Can’t wait for the pattern to be available!

8. It’s beautiful!

However, being someone who is not experienced in this type of knitting, I wonder how you know when to stop “stretching” it out when you block something that’s sizeless, like a shawl . . .

All the shawls and shawlettes you’ve been doing lately make me want to try one! Any suggestions on one that won’t make me crazy?

Thanks!

9. 72″ across the top is a generous “-ette”! Gorgeous pattern, Wendy, and I love the color.

10. vewwy vewwy nice!

11. Love the different stitches in this one, and the name – really pretty!

12. Wendy, it blocked out to quite a nice size. Another lovely pattern!

13. Absolutely beautiful!
    .-= Muriel´s last blog ..Norwegian Rose in Pictures =-.

14. Her Royal Petiteness makes a nice “Shawlette” Blocker ♥♥♥
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..ManyhorsesMane shares Blog post of the evening- and good night =-.

15. Pretty!!! I’ve been good at not buying patterns lately, but I think I need this one!
    .-= janna´s last blog ..Slow Progress =-.

16. Beautiful work, thanks as always for sharing. Don’t be mad, but my question is whether the scalloped, pointy edge is a necessary function of lace shawl making? I can’t shake the image of Lily Munster or Morticia Addams when I see pointy edges on clothing.

17. This is the one I have waited for! The shawlettes with garter stitch bodies did not inspire me the way this one does. Thank you for sharing your boundless creativity with us.
    Be well!

18. The main pattern is lovely and unique! Reminds me of gossamer spider webs. (In a good way, of course!)
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..No pictures Lets talk books =-.

19. No kidding…that was quick, and it is beautiful!!

20. Very pretty “shawlette” – it is a big shawlette at that. My cats also “help” with my knitting and quilting. Always there to lend a paw.
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..Marinating in the juices =-.

21. Beautiful shawl as usual. And you are “lookin” GOOD!!!” Lucy just makes the whole shawl! Don’t you think?

22. Absolutely lovely shawl! And I love the color of the yarn. Just gorgeous!
    .-= Lynn´s last blog ..Another Awesome Prize =-.

23. Kathie Brownlee says:

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Lovely!
    .-= kala´s last blog ..Kitty Notecard Giveaway- =-.

25. And my Ravelry queue grows ever longer…
    .-= Hissy Stitch´s last blog ..Tour de Fleece Day 10- Rest Day =-.

26. Very pretty. I’m sure you get asked this a lot, but do you chart out your designs before you knit them as part of the design process or do you mostly wing it and record what you are doing?
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..living in Quincy =-.

27. Kelley Petkun says:

Absolutely stunning! I love the “magic” of blocking. You in spired me to. Work on my Gail shawl today. Thanks

28. Beautiful! I’ll be needing to make this one, too. :-)
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..Behold the power of the internet- =-.

29. Love it – it’s gorgeous!

30. Another beauty!!!

31. Beautiful!

32. … a beautiful shawlette… Lucy is right to be pleased with her achievement ;) ^..^

33. GORGEOUS!

34. Irishwasherwoman says:

By any chance are you related to Data from Star Trek fame? He could move his hands a mile a minute….Not only do you do fast work, you do STUNNING work.

35. Hallo
    Ohhh welch schönes Tuch du da gestrickt hast. EInfach zauberhaft wirkt das Muster in dieser Farbe.
    ganz liebe Grüsse Marlies
    .-= Marlies´s last blog ..Kinder Ensemble Nr 1 =-.

36. Very pretty, and you are so quick with the knitting! If I had the time, I’d review your blog–but since I don’t have the time(Shh! I’m at work!) I’ll just ask: Do you prefer to work your shawls in laceweight, or something heavier (fingering/sock/”baby” yarns)?

37. Simply….gorgeous. “nuff said.

38. madonnaearth says:

LOL at Lucy, she is just *lounging* on that shawl isn’t she? I think she has officially claimed it as hers.

I love the shawl “wings” and edging!

Do you tend to wear yours knotted like they are on the dress dummy?

39. Hope to see the pattern for this one up for sale soon! It’s beautiful and the yarn blocked out wonderfully. :)

40. Woo! Pretty yarn, pretty shawl, pretty Lucy!
    .-= PlazaJen´s last blog ..Whoa- Nelly =-.

41. I would like to enter your drawing for the yarn. It is beautiful.

42. KnitMom says:

Another beautiful shawl! Can’t wait to get my hands on the pattern. I think you should write a lace book next. I would get in line for that one in a heart beat. I just think you are a genius with the needles…

43. Karen Carroll says:

I have been reading quite abit about a few of your knitting projects you’re working on, and I must say, beside designing beautiful shawls (my favorite), you knit real fast. I have MS and won’t have enough time to be as good as you; but I sure am enjoting reading about yours and seeing the pics. Karen

44. Karen White says:

I would love to give that beautiful yarn a new place to live. It would look just beautiful with my stash and will be held in safe keeping….I promise!

45. Sandra D says:

No matter how often I see it happen, blocking is still magic for me. This one is gorgeous (as usual)!