1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Unlike a Rolling Stone

If a rolling stone gathers no moss then I am clearly unlike a rolling stone, as my moss stitch is growing.

(Yes, I know that’s a lame blog post title but you knew I was going to say something about a rolling stone eventually, didn’t you?)

This is the right side front in progress.

WIPFail072010 240x160 Unlike a Rolling Stone

Having trouble seeing it? How about now?

WIP072010 240x160 Unlike a Rolling Stone

The front band is knit at the same time as the body, and buttonholes are worked in the ribbing band as you go along. There are a total of 9 buttonholes, the last one being above the point where you start decreasing for the front neck shaping.

WIPCoseup072010 240x160 Unlike a Rolling Stone

After knitting the entire width of the back, a side front is a refreshing change — it sure goes a lot faster, being just over half the total stitches of the back.

I have to pay attention while knitting the front pieces of this cardi because the neck shaping starts before the armhole shaping, so I have to remember to start the armhole shaping at the same point I did for the back piece. I did keep track of key row numbers where decreases must occur as I was knitting the back, so that should keep me from making too big a mess here.

Lucy remains poised to help.

Lucy072010 240x160 Unlike a Rolling Stone

Comments

1. Of course, if you were British what you are knitting would be seed stitch, so that’s a whole lot more puns available for you right there!

2. Miss Lucy obviously approves~ :D
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..ManyhorsesMane shares Sharons Rose Parade Doily is FINISHED! 6 weeks in the making =-.

3. Barb Harger says:

LOL…yes, it is much easier to see in the second photo! LOL Once I realized what/who was blocking my view, I didn’t mind it, though! My kitties are very helpful like that. One of them, Penny, for sure likes to sit on the patterns when I am cutting out fabric, making it impossible to do any cutting, unless I want to catch a tail in there…not! Oh, and your knitting is very nice, too. haha

4. Dr. Jackie says:

My goodness…you’re faster than a speeding bullet…!

5. Oh, thank you, for making that joke for me. :)

It looks lovely! And once again, Lucy is performing her catly duty and making sure the sweater front is extra flat.
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..Yarngasm =-.

6. Melissa says:

Love your new sweater. I must look in my stash to see if i have something that would work for me. Also the last two shawls are gorgeous. I think I’ll have to go to the loopy ewe and get some of that sock yarn and a hard copy of the pattern since we are moving this month and the printer isn’t hooked up yet.

We are now out of our old house and completely into the new one just surrounded by boxes. I haven’t been keeping up with my blogs and just learned that you’ve had to cancel your travels. I’m so sorry to hear that. I know you’ve got a good doctor and want to express my support for your choosing to follow his/her advises. It’s not always the most fun, but hopefully it will allow your health to improve. Plus I’m sure this will make Miss Lucy happy.

PS Did your window get fixed without too much trouble and bother?

7. patricia says:

Looks like the rolling moss stitch stone picked up a cat along the way! Static cling maybe?

8. I hope you are feeling well these days and would love an update! Your Cardi is lovely, of course, how are you keeping track of all your shaping? Do you have a knitting app for your iPad that you especially like? I have an iTouch and am confused by all the knitting apps available and thought you would be able to point me in the right direction – Thank you!
    .-= Roseann´s last blog ..Alpaca Yarn =-.

9. Sandra D says:

With Lucy being poised and keeping her wits about her, you’re sure to succeed in not making a mess! I love the moss stitch, and the color.

10. Ellen Richardson says:

I have to say that I loved the Victoria pattern too, and have been planning to knit it after I finish my current WIP. It’s been very educational – in a fun kind of way – to read someone else’s experiences knitting the pattern before I make my attempt. Now I just have to decide what sort of yarn I am going to use …

11. Each time you post pics, I love the color more.
    .-= Ida´s last blog ..An Announcement–and a Giveaway! =-.

12. You had no choice but to use the rolling stone reference in your blog title at some point. No choice! I would have done the same. Love it!
    .-= Christina Bieloh´s last blog ..A Little Quiet Time =-.

13. now I’ll have those lyrics running through my head all day “mamma was a rolling stone….” agh! The sweater looks great, Lucy is such a help!

14. I really like the idea of making the button bands at the same time. It’s one less finishing step that needs to be done (and in my case, redone).
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..a brief break =-.

15. KnittingKnails says:

Ipad sighting! covet, covet

16. I am always amazed at how fast you knit! But I think you’ve outdone yourself this time. You must have gotten into quite a groove to whip that front up so fast.

17. The moss stitch is one of my favorites. Can’t wait to see the finished product.
    .-= The Unraveled Librarian´s last blog ..Striping =-.

18. I liked the pun, but now I’ve got a certain song stuck in my head…

Lucy is just so helpful. I have to only knit when the parrots are in bed or I wind up with bite marks in my needles.
    .-= Mary´s last blog ..After dinner relaxation =-.

19. lol at “Having trouble seeing it? How about now?”

Yeah, it helps when there’s not a fluffy cat in the way!