1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

It Grows On You

Moss stitch. It grows on you. No pun intended.

It seems that a majority of you in the comments feel that miles of moss stitch equals unrelenting boredom. I would have thought the same thing, and am rather surprised to find myself enjoying it.

Perhaps it’s the yarn. Rowan Amy Butler Belle Organic Aran. I love it! It is wonderful to knit. My only complaint is that I wish it came in more colors. There is a dk weight as well — I must find some reason to use that too. Soon.

Here is the left front of the Victoria cardi. I am a few rows from the start of the shaping to make the slope of the v-neck.

WIP072210 240x160 It Grows On You

Clean Eating Update

As of this morning, I am down 57 pounds total since I started clean eating. Since a number of you have asked, here is a self-portrait I took today in the mirror. Not the best testament to weight loss since I’m wearing a baggy t-shirt. But for reference, I am 5’6″ and am pleased to report the jeans are size 10. And I can bend over in them and not pass out. icon wink It Grows On You

Wendy072210 158x240 It Grows On You

And here is my new Tom Bihn Little Swift bag. I love love love it!

LittleSwift072210 160x240 It Grows On You

Follow the link above for details!

Speaking of love . . .

Lucy072210 240x164 It Grows On You

Comments

1. Celestine says:

Wendy, you look great!!! You go girl.. You are so inspiring in so many ways.
    I too love, love, love the Tom Bihn bags. I have several of the swift and thinking about purchasing the new little one, however do I really need another??? I must say that they are my favorite knitting bag.
    Lucy you look great too…

2. Congratulations on the weight loss, Wendy! And it seems as though this hasn’t been at all a “slog through” for you. Way to go!

3. You look mahvelous, dahling! The proof of ‘enough’ weight loss is when you look thin in a baggy tee shirt — and you do! Congratulations.
    .-= Cathie Jones´s last blog ..Back to Work =-.

4. Wendy, I’m so proud of your accomplishment! You look beautiful.

5. Congratulations Wendy! You look Great! I thought you looked great at fling but now you look even better. You should be proud!
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Forgetful friday =-.

6. Lovin’ the cardi! I’m a newbie knitter but have a double moss stitch scarf, or maybe neckwarmer, on the needles and I don’t mind it. Congrats on the weight loss! I need to check out that clean eating!!

7. That’s a great bag. Thanks for enabling my bag fetish. You look fantastic, by the way. Congrats on getting so healthy!
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Obsessed Blogger-Can I put that on a resume =-.

8. CatBookMom says:

Congratulations on the weight loss! The cardi is looking good; moss stitch is a soothing knit. Hope it’s helping you get b etter

9. Why do you have to talk about losing 57 pounds while I’m eating pizza?? But yes, you look great and I’m sure your weight loss and healthy eating is improving your health too.

10. No way, you were that little at 19! I am so jealous but good for you.

I love moss stitch.
    .-= Alice in Richmond´s last blog ..71010 Laundry Lament =-.

11. You must be so proud to have lost that much weight and you look fantastic. Congrats! Just love your kitty and the fun captions each day. They warm my heart.
    Joan

12. That’s a cool bag, I’ve just bookmarked that company!

And congratulations on the weight loss!!!!

13. You look great. I’ll bet you feel much better physically, too. You inspired me to get back on my healthy eating regimen, and I’ve lost 10 pounds. Not into a size 10 yet, but maybe by Christmas! Congratulations, I know how challenging weight loss can be, you’ve achieved a lot.
    .-= Dawn Draper´s last blog ..Clams for Breakfast =-.

14. Everyone has said it be fore me, but I fell like chiming in, too — You. Look. Awesome! Clearly you found the method that works best for you.

Hmmm…less weight = less knitting = less yarn needed = more projects! I’m seeing something here :)
    .-= LizAnderson´s last blog ..It Could-a Been Much Worse =-.

15. Lisa Downing says:

Wendy, Thanks for the update on your weight. You look fabulous. I can only imagine the feeling of having a smaller body. I’m still working on it, with too little will-power too often. The sweater is looking great and I plan on putting on my “to make” list. LisaD in upstate NY

16. MamaCat says:

Wendy, you look fabulous! I was so inspired by your earlier posts that I went out and bought Tosca Reno’s books and am pleased to report that I am losing weight, too. I have a ways to go though. I am just a hair taller than you and now in 14s – started out in 14s but they were honesty too tight. Now they’re a little loose. :-)

Thank you so much for sharing your progress. It’s made a big difference for me.

The sweater is pretty, too!

17. Congratulations on your weight loss! You look great and I hope you feel as great. So that Lucy’s nose is not out of joint, tell her she looks great also.

18. Annette says:

woohoo!! That is just great. What an achievement!

19. Kathy L. says:

You look fabulous! Congratulations on the weight loss and your change of eating lifestyle! You make it look so easy!

20. My husband and I both say, “great job” on the clean eating weight loss! I slowly transitioned into clean eating, without really knowing it, and then bought the book when I started seeing information about it online and went all the way a couple of months ago (with the occasional bad day) and absolutely love the change! I’m so inspired by you!
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..Baby Knitting =-.

21. Sherri Altieri says:

WOW! you look fantastic. I need to clean up my act and loose some too.
    by the way, how do you knit so fast? I’ve got the need for speed.

22. You look fabulous – and I can’t believe how long your hair has gotten!
    off to google clean eating now..
    love the moss stitch too.

23. Wendy- wow! What an inspiration. Can you expound a bit more on the clean eating? Have you given up chocolate? What about wine? You look amazing.
    And speaking of amazing—how do you knit so fast? I know you have a demanding job. And most importantly, Lucy needs her time!!

24. Congratulations on the weight loss! And I, too, want to know how do you knit so fast? What style do you knit?
    .-= Cotton Blossom´s last blog ..It’s COLD =-.

25. You look fantastic! 57 lbs is an amazing loss. Congratulations for following a healthy eating plan. Hope your back has been hurting you less now too. (I think I recall you had back pain….I could be wrong)

26. Not passing out when trying on jeans is important. And congratulations!

Also, the moss stitch thingy looks great. I’m looking forward to the finished product.
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..Whats hot for Fall Apparently =-.

27. Congrats on the weight loss and the healthy eating!
    .-= Walden´s last blog ..Video Blogging 6 =-.

28. Very good, the pounds off are very noticeable! Keep up what ever you are doing…

29. Congrats on the weight loss. I am working on that myself – for good health and energy to keep up with my 2 year old, but also ok so I can knit cute sweaters for me and have them look good. :) Googling “Clean Eating” now!

Love the moss stitch!
    .-= Christina Bieloh´s last blog ..Crocheting in Tunisia =-.

30. Theresa in Italy says:

You look terrific!

31. you are looking amazing!! What are some of your daily menus? Do you feel healthier also? Love the new cardi also!!

32. wow 57 pounds… thats brilliant! … what’s the clean eating thing?

33. Congrats on the weight loss/clean eating. You look great and I’m sure feel wonderful too. Did you buy the book to help you follow the guidelines of clean eating? That’s exactly the amount I need to lose and it sounds like a healthy way to do it. I know you’ve mentioned it before but I cant’ find it in your archives. Oh, and the knitting looks good too :)
    .-= Rose´s last blog ..FO =-.

34. Wow, congrats on the weight loss!
    .-= Jakki Mitch´s last blog ..July 2010 Socks =-.

35. Regarding the bihn bag:
    Any chance you could take a bird’s eye view of the inside of the bag for us? That’s what I am always interested in when I see a bag, but I can’t find any online. Love the external shape of it.
    You look great, by the way, body and that beautiful hair.
    Sabine

36. forgive my ignorance, but what is clean eating? would love it if you could share a little more info. btw, you’re looking great and congrats on losing so much weight!
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..summer fun =-.

37. I guess I can understand miles of moss stitch not being dull. I have been doing a lot of ribbing, and I have something else I will be starting this weekend that also has ribbing. Moss stitch cannot be duller than miles of ribbing and I enjoy the ribbing, but I’m under no illusions as to its excitement value.
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..the internet is really- really great =-.

38. Wow, Wendy – you’re a real inspiration to those of us who have *almost* gotten the hang of clean eating. It’s nice to know that once I really, really manage it, there will be payoff down the road!
    .-= CraftyGryphon´s last blog ..Does leftover Pashmina actually ever count as leftover =-.

39. I thought that was a 20-something in that picture. You look fabulous! Are you growing your hair long too?

40. I’ve never done that much moss stitch – I love the texture of that sweater piece.

You look great! I’m slowly getting back into my good eating habits, and I was so happy to be a little smaller so that I could make yarn go further on projects :)
    .-= Aimee´s last blog ..Tour de Fleece – days 10-15 =-.

41. Congratulations on the stick-to-it-ness on the clean eating plan. I’d love to try it, but I’m married to a processed foods kind of guy, so we’ll have change our habits in small increments.

Darn you for telling me about the little swift! I have two swift bags & they’re great. Now I’m going to have to get this little guy!

42. You really look terrific and should feel so proud. I’m 5’4 and won’t say my weight but I recently “fatted” myself into Type 2 Diabetes. I know clean eating would solve most/all my issues but can’t seem to get disciplined enough to follow through. Congratulations on making such a huge change and sticking with it. You really are inspiring.

43. Congrats on the weight loss! I think your picture looks great….even with the baggy shirt! I love seeing all the projects you do. Wishing you continued success!

44. mncoralie says:

You are lookin’ good, girl! CONGRATULATIONS!
    Bask awhile in feelin’ good about what you’ve accomplished, give Lucy-kitty an extra big hug – and enjoy your weekend…you deserve it!

45. Mary Lou says:

Wow! What an amazing accomplishment! You have inspired me. I have lost 35 pounds so far (since April) through uber exercise and clean eating. I am down into regular misses sizes now and done with women’s sizes forever, I hope. I can wear jeans with zippers and real waistbands!, not a size 10 yet but getting closer.
    Your knitting as alwasy is beautiful. I am perusing your books for my next sock project. Love your toe up designs, I’m a toe up convert now.

46. Wow! You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Don’t you feel so much better, too?

47. Wow, amazing job with the clean eating weight loss. All your joints and heart have to be happier! Question about the sweater — when I looked at it on the Knitty site yesterday it looks like a long jacket-type, but yours (without scale references) looks like you may have made it shorter — Am I seeing this correctly, or is it also a wider pattern?

48. mary erdman says:

what is “clean eating” you keep mentioning? You look great!

49. I admire and applaud your clean eating success. It is because of you that I henna my hair. I’m still working on a color mix that I like (I’m a brunette and am having fun trying to find a color that is close enough to not cause comments).

I’m wondering about KOARC and the clean eating. Is he in it with you or do you do double cooking or is he on his own in that department? I can’t see my husband embracing this way of eating without a great deal of discussion and I don’t want to double the grocery bill and the work load. Suggestions?

50. Awesome lifestyle change and weight loss. I eat similarly.

51. I don’t know what you looked like before but you sure look fabulous now! Long and lean, and I bet you feel a whole lot better. You are a real inspiration.

52. Dr. Jackie says:

Lookin’ swell, Sista!

53. MamaLana says:

Brava, brava!

54. Wow! Looking good girl! Congratulations on your weight loss.
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Finishing Up =-.

55. You look great–clean eating has served you well. You look and feel good–what’s not to like?

56. fibercrone says:

You look fantastic.

57. Wendy!!! Way to go!! Fantastic!!

58. Congrats on your healthy eating and weight loss!
    .-= kala´s last blog ..Arthur Cookies =-.

59. Marilyn says:

You look completely amazing and beyond kudos for all the weight loss!

60. I too find mindless knitting to be just fine-the moss stitch looks beautiful in it’s simplicity, I really like the look.

Congrats on your weight-loss achievement!!! HI-5′in ya!!!

♥♥♥Miss Lucy♥♥♥

Sandra
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..ManyhorsesMane shares Whitewater storm pic updates- the funnel was off the the right- missed it =-.

61. You look GREAT! I hope you’re feeling great, too!

62. You go girl. The weight loss is fantastic. I have been following the clean diet as well and it makes so much more sense than other diets.

63. Beth Wilson says:

Hi Wendy,
    Beth W in Richmond here. What an all over accomplished feeling you must have !!
    ( concerning your sweater AND clean eating !! )
    Since having seen you at The Yarn Lounge have found that, for medical reasons, need to do the same, eliminating refined carbohydrates, caffeine as examples. AND want to do so as naturally as possible, meaning hoping to find a physician who is more into the such on that level. Need real tips !!
    *Forgive me writing here but did not now how to do otherwise.
    Beth

64. CONGRATULATIONS!!! SIZE 10! Whoohoo!
    (I can relate…it feels good, no?)
    (((hugs)))

65. I love seed stitch; it’s my favorite mindless filler. Honestly, moss stitch and linen stitch both look more “polished” to me, but when I first started knitting, I had a hard time figuring whether I was on row one, or two. which led to my abandoning both. But maybe now that I can read the fabric, I’ll go back and try them again. Thanks for reminding me how wonderful moss stitch looks.

Trackbacks