1. Drachenfels, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Madelintosh Pashmina in the Black Walnut, Seasalt, and Mineral colorways on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Would Anyone Care for Another Piece of Pi?

It is time for Part Two of the Shetland Pi Shawl. Get your copy of Part Two (in pdf format) here.

The first thing you are going to do in Part Two is double your stitches. Then you work a couple of rounds plain before starting the Part Two pattern, which has a repeat of 9 stitches.

This part will take you a little bit longer to complete than Part One, I think, but is still a fairly quick piece, so Part Three will be posted on Sunday.

Pi081810 240x160 Would Anyone Care for Another Piece of Pi?

In other news, lookie here what I got (said in a greedy, gloating voice):

yarn081810 240x160 Would Anyone Care for Another Piece of Pi?

This is five skeins of Tempted Lovely Grrl, purchased from The Loopy Ewe. It’s a 50/50 blend of silk and merino wool, fingering weight, and it is just gorgeous. The colorway is “Renewal.” (And there is no more in this colorway at The Loopy Ewe because I bought it all. Mwha-ha-ha!)

I bought this yarn with a specific purpose in mind, and I think I’m going to start on it as soon as my pi is baked. Anyone want to hazard a guess what I’m making? I’ll give you two hints: it’s not one of my own patterns, and it is not a shawl.

Lucy sez:

Lucy081810 240x160 Would Anyone Care for Another Piece of Pi?

“I guess that it is a yummy kitty blanket for me!”

Comments

1. Maybe a Pas De Valse?

2. YAY!!!! part 2 :-)

my guess is a sweater with those 5 lovely skeins :-)
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..And So It Shall Be Knit =-.

3. i cannot believe that Tempted didn’t name that colorway for you. Definitely your color
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Double Double Dressin’ Trouble =-.

4. shoot, you got all the good green stuff, and left the purple/pink/blue stuff. le sigh!
    .-= Barbara-Kay´s last blog ..Just Saying… =-.

5. Jane Shisler says:

Loving this KAL. Is today’s clue supposed to be in letters, not symbols?

6. Jane Shisler says:

In the words of Roseanne, Roseannadanna, “NEVERMIND”

7. Oooooohhh, you bad girl, tempting us with a luscious yarn — must be thoughts of a sweater — having fun with the KAL — thanks again for expanding our repetoire (??sp) knitting knowledge/experiences

8. I’ll guess that it’s something else by someone else. Am I close?

9. Hmm…Austin Hoodie?

10. Was luck enough to meet Stacy during a trunk show at a my LYS this past Saturday. Fell in love with a beautiful color (Once in a Life Time)and am getting enough to make a sweater. I am having a really hard time deciding on a pattern that will be perfect for it!

11. Barb Harger says:

Very nice Pi! I am knitting the EZ 100th anniversary of her birthday…8-9-10 from some lovely wool that a friend dyed for me…another Wendy….it is blues and purple.

12. Barb Harger says:

OOPS! Forgot to type in the word “Pi” in the name of that shawl I am knitting above!

13. I am guessing something along the lines of the Featherweight Cardigan. But, I think that is too much yarn. I am not sure on the requirements.
    .-= picadrienne´s last blog ..What I am doing for Tuesday =-.

14. Another cardigan? With cooler weather coming (or so we’re told), can’t have too many of those!

15. Were the yarn mine I would be knitting the Half Circle Cardigan by ShibuiKnits. But that looks like a spring green rather than autumnal. So what will you do with it?

16. Thanks for part 2. I’m all queued up and ready. Could you be knitting a fall sweater?
    .-= LoriAngela´s last blog ..Making the Best of It =-.

17. Sprossling, perhaps?
    .-= Kristi´s last blog ..TDF challenge day =-.

18. Kitties take everything as their blankets.

19. Just started the Shetland Pi. Glad I found your blog!
    .-= Pat´s last blog ..Shetland Pi Shawl =-.

20. I think it will be a lovely little sweater, perhaps with shortish sleeves.
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..Even penguins are fascinated by butterflies =-.

21. I think that, with apologies to Lucy, that she is mistaken, and I foresee a lovely, light and lustrous little sweater….especially since most of your old ones are too big now!

I admit that I’m not sure which one….
    .-= Cathy-Cate´s last blog ..Back Home Saturday =-.

22. Oh I think you were being mean!! What a yummy colour!! I would say you are making another little sweater. I think it will be very soft and compy with the blend of silk and merino!! Maybe Lucy is right……………but I think a sweater.

23. Gasp! NOT a shawl… socks for someone REEALLLY big? I can’t wait to see what gorgeous item you concoct with it! OH! And THANK YOU for the next piece of the pi!

24. I love this color, thinking it will be a great transition into fall……..

25. Thank you for the Pi! It’s delicious!

26. Ummmm….a cardigan to match the kool buttons you ordered?

27. … gorgeous yarn, a beautiful colour

28. Is it a Minimalist Cardigan? It would look lovely in that color…

29. Wendy, I was wondering what makes this a “shetland” shawl. I’m not sure what techniques are specific to Shetland shawls. I have knit Estonian lace and am familiar with it’s unique style (nupps!) but I was wondering what makes a shetland shawl a shetland shawl? Would it just be the wool used to make it? or are there some specific design elements that make it shetland? just wondering…

30. I don’t know which garment you would be making, but it is enough yardage for a truly lovely and elegant skirt.
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..hey- hey hes a monkey! =-.

31. Even though I’m not knitting along, (I’m working on Woodland Walk, among other things) I am really enjoying watching your new shawl take shape. Can’t wait to see how it turns out. No clue what you are going to knit with the new yarn. It’s really gorgeous yarn so I’m sure it will be fun. What a shock to see you knitting something GREEN! (not)

32. I’m using several natural colors of alpaca and was wondering about pacing myself for the finish. If the final edge is a sideways knit, I’ll need to plan for that and put enough aside. If we round out to the end, not as critical. Would it give too much away to give us an idea of how to prepare “same color” amounts for the border? Thanks!
    .-= Robin´s last blog ..life =-.

33. madonnaearth says:

LOL at your headline!

34. Nancy Thone says:

Wendy, thanks for the Pi Shawl — I’ve finished both parts, and was surprised at how easy it is! Thanks for your clear instructions and other helpful links — finally I am attempting a lace shawl! Thanks for the opportunity to knit along with you. Nancy

35. Found the pattern, found that yarn I want to use and am ready to swatch. I am really looking forward to doing this shawl.

Geri in Il