1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

Remember How I Said Lucy Doesn’t Mess With My Yarn?

This morning when I was getting ready for work, I noticed Lucy happily stretched out on the carpet in the living room with a skein of Tempted Lovely Grrl Yarn on either side of her. I guess she really does think that yarn is for her.

Now, I did not have time to take a photo this morning, but Lucy agreed to stage a re-enactment.

Lucy081910 240x162 Remember How I Said Lucy Doesnt Mess With My Yarn?

She hadn’t hurt the yarn — she just helped herself to a couple of skeins. In her defense, I did leave them out on an end table (where I put them yesterday afternoon to photograph them) so she of course thought it was okay to play with them.

LucyA081910 240x160 Remember How I Said Lucy Doesnt Mess With My Yarn?

Anyway, that yarn is destined to become a Wispy Cardi. One of you came close in the comments by guessing the Featherweight Cardigan. I have some Tilli Tomas Voile de la Mer in black for the Featherweight Cardigan. Gorgeous stuff!

So there are two little cardis in my future. Just my way of fighting back against sleeveless dresses. icon wink Remember How I Said Lucy Doesnt Mess With My Yarn?

Lucy is now involved in a stand-off with her fuzzy rat.

LucyB081910 240x160 Remember How I Said Lucy Doesnt Mess With My Yarn?

We’ll be back on Sunday with Part Three of the Shetland Pi pattern.

Comments

1. no doubt she say the name and it thought it must be for her…
    .-= Kris´s last blog ..Enter Here =-.

2. Yeah me for guessing close!

Lucy was reading your blog, obviously, and didn’t want to be considered too predictable.
    .-= picadrienne´s last blog ..What I am doing for Tuesday =-.

3. I’m on Lucy’s side. If you leave the yarn out, it must be for her!!

4. Christine says:

What’s this? Two little green kittens for me?

5. mmm … who’s yarn? prrrrrrr ^..^
    .-= pip´s last blog ..Best for sock yarn! =-.

6. I loooooooooooooooooove both the Wispy and the Featherweight. They are awesome sweaters. I’m currently making Ms. Fettig’s Lettuce Pullover from knitscene.
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..Travel Shawl- Finished! =-.

7. My cat refuses to play with yarn that is left out for her. To her, it is only fun if she can get it from the closet herself. I think she likes the feeling of forbidden yarn. Since this amuses her so much, I leave yarn for her in the closet that I don’t mind her playing with. I don’t think she realizes I’ve outwitted her. I really hope she doesn’t read this.

8. You’re very lucky Lucy isn’t like Tripsie!
    I left some yarn on the kitchen table (Where Tripsie isn’t supposed to be in the first place) and came home to find this.

2 separate disconnects and a 3rd barely hanging on. Bad Tripsie!
    .-= Jadielady´s last blog ..The Week in knit 12- Nana Sadie Rose! =-.

9. Lucy’s gone over to the Dark Side?

10. martha simpson says:

Oh, Lucy ! Now she is a great cat. I had (note had) a beautiful skein of twisted sisters and my cat, known as little Red pulled it out and there is no way to describe the disaster he made of that yarn.

11. Miss Lucy has good taste :) ♥♥♥
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..Doilies Inspired By Nature =-.

12. Must be the advent of slightly cooler weather as one of my kitties was playing with my stash the other day too and she’s been nothing but a slug all summer long.

13. I’m sure Lucy was just checking the skeins to see how well they will look on the floor when you have it knit and need to block….. The color does look wonderful next to Lucy and Kris did point out the name is “Lovely Grrl”. I did have a cat who didn’t play with yarn but did love to snuggle with any alpaca or mohair yarns.

14. Well, DUH! Anyone with any appreciation for fine yarn at all would find it hard to resist some wonderful Tempted yarn by the lovely Stacy! And of course, Lucy is a cat of discriminating tastes! I certainly would have felt compelled to play with it!
    .-= BlueMoonArtistry´s last blog ..How to make an 8 year-old girl happy =-.

15. Kristine M. says:

Of course the yarn is for Lucy! It’s soft & fuzzy just like she is.

16. I started one of those sweaters (I think it was the featherweight, that was the one in the IK, right?), but it had to be set aside for some deadline knitting. I really should pull it back out and get to work on it.
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..Turpins big hairy =-.

17. So lucky. This time…..My darling would have ripped those bands off and tortured the hank quicker than you could say “Addi Turbos”. Once they get a taste for the kill, there’s no turning back. I have to lock my zippered knitting bag these days.

18. I have two cats that never bother my yarn, but if I leave a stray dpn out all bets are off. Lucy clearly has good taste as to what she will play with!

19. paisleyapron says:

Check out http://www.shabbyapple.com, beautiful dresses with sleeves! Although, having a reason to knit cardigans with gorgeous yarn is always good.

20. Theresa in Italy says:

i wouldn’t put money on the fuzzy rat, frankly. Lucy is WAY too smart!

21. That picture was eerily similar to what Rocky does with shoes. I really hope Lucy isn’t picking up on his tendencies :)

Rocky aside, how adorable that she would do that!!!

22. mwknitter says:

My cats do the same thing all the time. They never mess it up, they just grab it & carry it around the house. They have managed to get yarn out of sealed plastic bags. I have no idea how they do it but I find yarn around the house when I get up in the morning. Their favorite place to leave it is on the oak stairs of the stairway connecting the 1st & 2nd floors. Sock yarn seems to be their least favorite however. They like worsted weight best & seem particularly fond of Noro.

23. Goodness – it must be contagious! Gunnie got into my Shetland Pi project and bit the yarn in two, then carried off the project on my circulars! Little stinker! It’s a good thing we love them so!

24. ChiLibrarian says:

I also take for granted that my cats aren’t usually interested in my yarn (although items being blocked are another story) – so far only once to my regret.

Thanks for linking to the wispy cardi pattern. It is just the sweater I need/want and now will have. Eventually….

25. AnneCameron says:

Lucy IS a tempted lovely girl. :-) How could she resist!

26. Lucy has good taste!
    .-= pdxknitterati/MicheleLB´s last blog ..ruffle tank bliss… =-.

27. What a lovely kitty! My cats are forever trying to play with my yarn. It looks like she has chosen a lovely shade of green.

28. Deb Simon says:

I made a Wispy Cardi last year for future dil – she loves it. It was a fast knit.

29. Deb Simon says:

Oops – I made the earlier incarnation – the Whisper Cardi.

30. Louise Waugh says:

We took care of a puppy recently who was obsessed with yarn. Stole socks-in-progress right out of my lap. Kept getting into the stash upstairs and bringing yarn down into the living room. Didn’t do a bit of damage, just liked to move it around.

31. My Terry will mess with yarn I’m knitting with if I’m not careful. But if I leave a ball unattended, the most she ever does with it is haul it around, announcing to me that she “captured” it. Her big sister, though, is a wool eater. Thus all projects must reside in a closed zip-loc or in a cat-free zone of the house.

32. I love the idea of holding the 2 yarns together and woking a few stitiches with both to join the new yarn. Can you just cut the old end then or do you still have to weave in the ends? I hate dealing with those ends, they always seem to come undone,