1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Something New

My Shetland Pi is at the point where it is pretty freaking huge. On my 32″ needle it hangs down and forms a large bag. This is nice because I can keep my working yarn inside the pi-bag. Heck, I could put my lunch and a change of clothes in there. Seriously, a small child could get lost in there.

This, of course, makes it unsuitable as a commuter project. I just finished a stealth project I have been working on, so needed to cast on for a new commuter project. I did so this morning before leaving for work.

WIP082610 240x160 Something New

This is the start of the Wispy Cardi by Hannah Fettig. The yarn is Tempted Lovely Grrl, in the “Renewal” colorway.

This is the yarn that Lucy helped herself to last week. I noticed this morning that she is still loving it. As I was casting on before I left for work this morning, she was rubbing up against and loving on the ball of yarn. At one point she tried to pick it up and carry it off, but it was fortunately too heavy for her to manage.

But I can see I’m going to have to put this project away when I am not working on it. No leaving it lying around on the couch, unguarded. I am thinking Miss Lucy needs a toy knit from the leftovers, though.

The pattern calls for a size 6 needle. I got gauge with a size 5, not surprisingly, because I’m using a heavier yarn. My cardi won’t be quite as wispy, but that’s fine with me. icon smile Something New

Back to Pi

Your next serving of Pi, Part Four, will be available on Sunday. And it is a huge honking slice of pi, let me tell you! See you all then.

Lucy can’t hardly wait!

Lucy082610 240x160 Something New

And here is the highlight of my day today:

Manuscript082610 240x179 Something New

Done and sent to my publisher. I think I deserve a celebratory margarita. Or possibly a celebratory pair of shoes.

Comments

1. I say you should celebrate with shoes. Definitely shoes.
    .-= mzundercover´s last blog ..My PVC niddy noddy =-.

2. I ordered Malabrigo lace to make a Wispy. I wanted to use WM lace but not enough yardage there for big big girl size. I’ll be interested in seeing yours.
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Double Double Dressin’ Trouble =-.

3. I love the color of your new project

4. I’m thinking a Margarita & a pair of shoes – good work!

5. And what a lovely stealth project it is! I can’t wait for my next serving of PI.

6. Sorry to comment twice but I just noticed the ad for “fresh & natural” fleet enema on your sidebar – I always have to comment on potty humor! tee-hee

7. How about another one of those freaking awesome handbags your are so enamored of?
    .-= Lynda´s last blog ..I was doing so well =-.

8. I’m thinking a new handbag :-) (and the shoes and the margarita!)
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Deep into the Deep Dish Pie =-.

9. Congrats on getting everything sent off!
    .-= Walden´s last blog ..A Post of His Own =-.

10. A margarita only lasts so long — fun shoes will give you a thrill over and over!

11. Congratulations on the send off! Really think you deserve more than just a Margarita, and I am sure all your supporters would agree. Maybe Lucy should have a skein of Tempted Lovely Grrl for her own

12. I think you deserve both and maybe a little something else as well.

13. I say celebrate with both a margarita and a pair of shoes! (I’m going to celebrate when your next book is released!) Scritches to Lucy.

14. I think shoes, a margarita…and a yarn purchase would be the proper celebration. You should find out what your yarn has been washed with…maybe you could replicate it for Lucy (since she started luvin’ on the yarn before you fondled it much)!

15. Celestine says:

Go for a new pair of shoes or what every your heart desires. A matching piece of jewelry to that beautiful cameo you bought a while ago. Don’t forget to show us what toy you made for Miss Lucy…Meow

16. MMM I love the wispy cardi! I am working on it right now!
    .-= Shelly´s last blog ..Pet Peeve =-.

17. At the very least, a new book-signing pen! :-)

18. Cheers! I vote for Margarita(s) Just curious about the Pi shawl. What makes it ‘Shetland’? I’m doing the KAL and love the way it is developing!

19. Why not a margarita and some shoes?

I think Lucy has very good taste in yarn.

20. I say you deserve both. Congratulations! My Mr. Sandy (he is of the canine persuasion) has a thing for Alpaca. It’s the only fiber he’ll actually “bite at,” although he has nothing whatsoever against plopping down on top of ANYTHING soft!

21. Shoes. Always shoes.
    .-= Alice in Richmond´s last blog ..82310 New Post!! You don’t have to read about my lightning scare again! =-.

22. Sherry Anderson says:

Congratulations!!! It is before the end of the month! Heck, it is before the weekend before the end of the month! Yeah!!

23. Or, mom might consider a small blanket for her Highness so she’ll be nice and warm, as well as beautifully covered until mom turns on the heat this winter! :-))

24. The color of the cardigan looks lovely. I hope Lucy doesn’t cause in problems with the knitting of the sweater.

I would suggest doing a margarita and shoes, why choose between the two.
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Progress on the Derby =-.

25. I am loving my Pi, totally loving the new project ( I might be a little bit biased) and I can’t wait to see the new book *jumping up and down in excitement*

26. Congrats on sending the book off to the publisher!
    .-= Virginia´s last blog ..Next in Queue =-.

27. So I noticed the manuscript includes charts. My money’s on the lace book. But I’ll buy a copy whatever it is – anxiously awaiting the big reveal.

28. Or maybe a new purse?

29. I’m all about some celebratory shoes, girl! Btw, I can’t leave my knitting on the sofa either. My little girl, who is 2, thinks that she can knit too. Sounds really cute, but when she pulls my lace projects off the needles, it’s not so cute. Hoping to start teaching her sometime in the next few years.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Little Lizzie dress =-.

30. How about a margarita and a pair of shoes!! You, go girl!

31. Why not take both – I would do ;-) ! I’m seriously lagging behind with my KAL – too much work at the office with long hours….sigh! I’m looking forward to your new book – can’t wait. Unfortunately the german branch of Amazon hasn’t listed up till now the sock box – hope they’ll catch up soon.btw been to the bookshop during lunch yesterday and found “sock’s toe up” in german-but I’ll think I’ll buy the original too because the translation sounds funny to me…. . Go celebrating – you deserve it. Looking forward to Sunday.

32. Yay! something to look forward to.

33. I’m sure I am not the only one who was trying to make out the writing on the top paper and disc for a little hint. Can’t wait to read it, whatever it is!

34. I’m working on the Pi KAL and just finished part 3. I’m running low on yarn and will have to join a new yarn soon, and since I plan on changing colors, I was wondering if I should change before I start part 4 or just change during part 4 when I finish this skein?

35. I finally cast on Wednesday and I am almost done part 1 (because I’ve been working on three different projects). I would be on part 2, except I forgot the project at home while bringing in the circular needles to transfer the stitches. I am hoping to get some good knitting time in this weekend!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..10 Tuesday college dreaming =-.

36. I love my whispy cardi in ty dy worsted (cotton). You’re right, it’s not so whispy in a heavier weight – but the shape really works! I’ve got to make a heavier wool one for the winter. Ooo, and I get to start my Pi after two more rows and cast off of my current shawl – I can’t wait – it looks so nice. Thanks for the pattern …

37. In order of importance:

1) Yes, a toy for Lucy made with the leftovers- ASAP! What a kitty wants a kitty should have!
    2) Congrats on the finished manuscript!!!! You are amazing.
    3) Go for 2 margaritas and a pair of shoes- you deserve it ; )

38. I’m just curious as to what your average “sph” is…..(Stitches per hour)
    I would love to be able to move through projects as quickly as you do!

39. im behind on my pi! only 1/3 of the way done with the repeats on part 3. but, tomorrow will bring lots of time in the car, and im not driving. hopefully i can get back on track. im also planning on changing colours, but since the yardage i have is realclose to what is needed, im going to knit every last inch before changing colours. im just excited to be so much further along without Drama than my last attempt at pi, so im happy.

40. casual observer says:

As an knidiot, I love living vicariously through your work. My boxer pup, Lola, has also developed a love thingie with one of my projects, could it be a sheep fetish?

41. Congratulations! Oh, both…. You’ve worked hard enough for them.

42. Why not a margarita AND shoes? I recommend not celebrating with the margarita first because you may regret your choice of shoes.

43. Wendy, you are getting me into so much trouble. Yet another project I want to try. You have excellent taste in cardi’s. Loving the Pi shawl though my yarn is lasting much better than I thought. I’m working on part 3 and still in my first skein of lace weight alpaca from knit picks. It does make a great little bag though.

44. Dr. Jackie says:

I just got some celebratory shoes…these… http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC1227486&pg=5131421 So what do you think?

45. Congrats on getting everything sent off…Wendy Knits Lace? Go buy the shoes and then have a margarita. If you do it the other way around you might be surprised by your choice in the morning. :-)

46. Very excited about your new book–for you and for US! When will it be ready for pre-order/order? Will Amazon carry it? Congratulations! I will be starting your pi shawl as soon as my yarn arrives (I think tomorrow)!

47. Oh, Honey, shoes and drink, most definitely!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Zucchini Apple Cake recipe =-.

48. Ooooooh! I can hardly wait for your new book – when will it be out?

I hope you had the margarita AND got new shoes – not necessarily in that order . . .

49. I think another purse is in order!

50. I think the “Wispy” cardi is very appropriate— you’re getting pretty “wispy” yourself!!! Congrats!!!!
    .-= LauraRN´s last blog ..An Era Ends =-.

51. Congrats! can’t wait til we all have what you’re sending =).
    Anyone else worried about falling behind on the kal over the next two weeks? and is this okay??

52. Why not a celebratory margarita after the shoe store?

53. Theresa in Italy says:

It’s a tough call. I’d have gone for the margarita, but I have big feet and one helluva time finding shoes…! Seriously, congratulations! Looking forward to this one, whenever it comes out!

54. I can read the title! must. not. spoil. suprise. *head explodes*

55. Beverly McCutcheon says:

Shoes are great, Margaritta better….but a new book is a gift for everyone!