Words cannot adequately express how happy I am that it is September. While it is still wicked hot and humid, the end is in sight! Autumn will be approaching soon!
In a fit of knitting productivity, I got a lot accomplished last night.
I completed the second half of the shrug portion of the Wispy Cardi, steam-blocked both pieces, joined them via a three-needle bind-off, seamed the sleeves, and picked up the stitches around the piece for the ribbing.
After steam-blocking the pieces, I am so happy with the knitted fabric for this. The yarn blocked out like a dream and the piece is beautifully soft and drapy. No wonder Lucy loves it.
I successfully mattress-stitched the sleeve seams.
And I did a very careful pick-up of stitches and knit one row of ribbing.
But that’s not all . . .
I did wind up a skein of yarn and started a new commuter project.
“The suspense is killing me!”