1. Segel, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes in the "Draco" gradient set on a 3.5 mm (U.S. size 4) needle.

Crazyland

First off, just a heads up to let you know that my Transverse Shawlette pattern is now available for sale in hardcopy from The Loopy Ewe, here. (You can buy a downloadable pdf version from my Ravelry store, here.)

I did complete the back of my pullover last night — see?

Back092810 235x240 Crazyland

And I started the front as well.

So this project is moving along nicely.

And I got something very timely in the mail yesterday:

Yarn092810 240x160 Crazyland

This is my order of 2-ply Hebridean from Virtual Yarns that I plan to use to knit Eala Bhan. So that will be my next project after I complete this sweater. I’m thinking I’ll be ready to start Eala Bhan by the end of next week. This yarn is just fabulous — I’ve used it a number of times in the past and it never fails to make me happy while knitting it.

At the time I start working on Eala Bhan, I’ll also be immersed in a non-bloggable project cough::book edits::cough that will be taking a lot of my spare time that otherwise would be devoted to knitting. So expect my progress on this project to be slower than usual. Still, I’m very excited about it and eager to get started. There’s nothing like a big ol’ pile of cabley goodness to get Autumn started off properly, don’t you think?

And a bonus — I get to shop for buttons for this baby.

Lucy sez:

Lucy092810 240x160 Crazyland

“It’s non-stop thrills around here.”

Comments

1. I love the Lucy captions – always spot on. The yarn looks yummy and that cardigan is looking fab!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..TheKnitGirllls Episode 27 – Spinning-riffic =-.

2. The color of that new yarn is gorgeous! I can’t wait to see it knit up…as well as your new sweater too. I wish we live closer so I could raid your closets haha! :)
    .-= mo´s last blog ..Lace Blocking Virgin =-.

3. Both yarns are soooo pretty!
    .-= LaLa´s last blog ..TheKnitGirllls Episode 27 – Spinning-riffic =-.

4. Susan (LotusHips) says:

I just got my Hebridean 2-ply in for Eala Bhan too and you’re right, it’s yummy yarn! I will be casting on for this in the next week or so :)

5. anne marie in philly says:

I know a button shop (wink wink nudge nudge)…it’s right next door to my house… :-)

6. I need to check out that yarn! I love the green color, and it just looks yummy soft.

I’m working on the Transverse Shawl (plus a pair of man socks and a pair of girly fingerless mitts) and the shawl is definitely a feel-good project! It’s so easy, and drapey, and goes so fast!
    .-= Cathie Jones´s last blog ..Join the Banjo Snow Train =-.

7. That’s such a perfect color green. Sigh. Maybe someday….

8. gorgeous yarn – you are tempting me to knit a sweater which i really don’t want to do until the rest of the weight comes off
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Butterscotch Pi =-.

9. Cabley goodness- no kidding! I look forward to seeing it.

A book of shawls perhaps?

10. Are you stashless? It seems your yarn arrives and you cast on right away. That is so cool! I have things that have been marinating in the stash for years!
    .-= Cindy Roberts´s last blog ..A bad day yesterday =-.

11. Beautiful green! It looks made for cables.

12. I am swatching right now– unfortunately my purse could not support Hebrides so I chose 2 cones of plum # 22 by Harrisville designs Shetland. I tried to post a link from my iPad but couldn’t d get it to respond. Anyway can’t wait to get started.

13. Is that Bogbean? What does the Hebridean feel like?

14. Such good planning! And you are so disciplined, too! I would be starting them all willynilly!
    .-= MicheleinMaine´s last blog ..Turquoise Blooms on Ruddy Pumpkin Anna Clutch =-.

15. Beautiful yarn and pattern. It’s hard to find something cabled that doesn’t look bulky, and this one doesn’t.

16. Karen Carroll says:

Congrats on the new book. As I’ve told you before, I really like your designs.

17. I just finished the transverse shawl. Haven’t blocked it yet but I know it’s going to be gorgeous. I made it with worsted weight (Patons merino) for a friend who gave me a bunch of the aforementioned yarn. I’m sure she is going to love it. Now I have to find some lighter weight yarn to make one for myself!
    Love the pattern!

18. BlondiKnits says:

Oh! Oh! Oh! Wendy, that Eala Bhan is stunning! Me wants it! Bad, bad Wendy, tempting the Blondi girl.

19. I’m always surprised at how fast you can finish a knitting project. You must be a speedy knitter!

20. Quick question….I clicked on the link to Eala Bhan and the prices would indicate that the yarn for the sweater would be included. Is that right?

21. That green is gorgeous as is the pattern.

22. Oh I like that Eala Bhan pattern! The back of the sweater is so pretty with the slightly fitted look and the cable pattern along the bottom-Very Nice! Too bad I’m a plus size girl :(

23. Lovely. You are a madhouse of knitting!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..2 hours north of Kentuckiana =-.

24. madonnaearth says:

You are cranking hard on this sweater…it’s awesome to see how fast your knitting goes. I hope to be kinda speedy myself one day (I think that’s a few years away). I love your box of yarn; so pretty!!!

25. Do you shop online for buttons? If so, what are your favorite button shops?

26. The color of that AS yarn is droolworthy on my monitor. I have the reprint of the Aran book & the patterns in it, especially the new one, are amazing. She’s incredibly talented.

27. That yarn is lovely-I love that color, and how fun to say it “Bogbean, bogbean, bogbean!” Beautiful pattern too. I look forward to seeing this one develop.

28. … your new green yarn looks fabulous :) can’t wait to see wip pics!

29. Love your work and your Lace Edge Cardi looks so cute. I’d love to see your creations on real live humans. It’s a bit hard to get the real feel of it on a dress form. Ever thought of modelling them or getting someone else to?

30. That pattern is gorgeous! I would love to watch to see how it turns out. <3

31. Looked up the pattern when you ordered the yarn a few weeks ago. It’s going to be so nice.

Though I think I love your current project. Of course I’m a blue girl. Though you wouldn’t know it to look at most of my current projects. (Grey seems to be my color of choice lately.)

32. I love Nicky’s books! and I love Wendy’s patterns!

33. Gretcheng says: