As I mentioned yesterday, I swapped out the cable pattern in my version of the Hawthorn Pullover.
The cable used in the pattern is an asymmetrical one that sort of snakes back and forth. I am extraordinarily picky about cables — they have to look exactly the way I think they should look or I am not interested. So I subbed a different one.
The cable used in the pattern is worked over 5 stitches, so mine is too. Mine is based on k2 p1 k2, and crosses with the 1 purl stitch kept straight in the middle. The size I am making has 8 of these cables, so I decided to make them face each other — so that the 4 cables on each side all cross towards the middle. I think when I get to the sleeves I’ll work them so that cables cross towards the front of the sweater, but I may change my mind when I get to that point. I haven’t looked ahead yet to see if there is an odd or even number of cables on each sleeve. If there is an even number, I may do a similar thing and have them face away from each other — so that half the cables face front and half face back.
Like I said, we’ll see when I get there. 🙂
In sock news, I have finished the sock I showed in yesterday’s blog post, and have started the second sock.
These socks are for the King of All Remote Controls’ birthday, which is today, so they will be a bit late. Happy birthday, Ian!
Happy birthday, Daddy!
In case you wondered, Lucy gave her Daddy a Doctor Who t-shirt for his birthday that she picked out herself. Very tasteful it is, with a TARDIS pictured in white on navy blue.