Thank you for all your lovely comments about my denim aran. I wore it to work yesterday and am pleased to report that it was very comfy to wear.
And in the interests of full disclosure, I did run it through the washer and dryer on Sunday one more time (for a total of four times) before wearing it. Just trying to get that “weathered” look.
There was a question in the comments about attaching the sleeves:
I love the sweater, but I have a question. If you allow for 20% lengthwise shrinkage, how do you deal with sewing a sleeve cap which is not going to shrink to an armhole that does? What allowances do you make?
I attached the sleeves via 3-needle bind-off. When I picked up the stitches along the side, I compensated for the shrinkage by picking them up an ootch further apart than I would normally. “Ootch” is a technical term — it’s just a pinch more than a smidgen.
Knitting this sweater was a lot of fun but I am very happy that I no longer have trances of blue dye on my hands.
I have moved on to a project using Rowan Calmer. This is another cabled pullover sweater and I am using the “Laurel” colorway, which has been discontinued.
Lots of fun cable twists in this baby. I’m using a U.S. size 7 needle (4.5mm) and my stockinette gauge is 5 stitches to the inch.
It’s gotten a lot colder here than it has been in the past couple of days, so I’ve shoved the thermostat up. Still, Lucy is happy to snuggle down in a comfy bed.