1. Segel, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes in the "Draco" gradient set on a 3.5 mm (U.S. size 4) needle.

Happy 2011

Happy New Year, y’all. We made it into 2011 without incident. Hope you did too.

I have a new-ish pattern up on Ravelry: the Autumn Dream Scarf.

AutumnDreamScarf 226x240 Happy 2011

AutumnDreamScarf1 240x160 Happy 2011

AutumnDreamScarf2 240x201 Happy 2011

This pattern had a limited release as part of last year’s Tempted at 3AM club, and it is made from 1 skein of Tempted Lovely Grrl yarn. It is knit from the bottom up, so it gets smaller as you knit. My agreement with the club was that I would put it up for general sale after the first of the year. It occurred to me that was yesterday, so the pattern is now available in my Ravelry store (see link above the photos) for $5.00. If every knitter on Ravelry buys it, I can quit my day job. icon wink Happy 2011

In other news, I have completed one sleeve for my Calmer Aran.

Sleeve010211 240x160 Happy 2011

And Lucy is starting the New Year in the fashion she plans to continue . . .

Lucy010111 240x160 Happy 2011

I have a day of laundry and chores planned — whee. Since I don’t expect every knitter on Ravelry will buy my Autumn Dream pattern, I am returning to work tomorrow after a nice break for the holidays. icon wink Happy 2011

Comments

1. It is a beautiful scarf! Happy New Year to you and Lucy ^..^

2. Happy Birthday!!!

3. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
    Roseann´s last blog post ..New Years Day

4. Lucy is consistent, isn’t she? Well, I’m going to do my part to let you quit your day job! It’s a beautiful little thing!

5. Hey, we’re birthday buddies! Happy birthday to you! I hope you enjoy your day as much as I am enjoying mine so far!

6. I have the pattern but I’ll buy it as a Chain of Love gift to do my part in letting you quit your day job!

7. I am going to try this one! Thanks and happy new year..

8. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday. cd

9. Aussie Rosemary says:

A good start to the year. Your blog gave me a chuckle.

10. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday!
    Beverly´s last blog post ..Closing Out 2010

11. linda-kay says:

Happy Birthday Wendy and Happy New Year too!

12. ahh, if it was only that easy… I, too, will do my part to assist. Lovely pattern, lovely yarn, Loverly Lucy!!! HNY and HB

13. Debbie S. says:

Love this scarf. Bought the pattern and will queue it soon. I love Lucy!

14. The shawl is lovely! And I even have some Tempted Lovely Grrrl….

Happy Birthday! Many happy returns!
    Cathy-Cate´s last blog post ..Peace in our time

15. Pam Huang says:

Lovely pattern. Happy Birthday and Happy New Year! FYI I knitted four Seaside Shawlettes for Xmas presents. That’s a great pattern too!

16. Wouldn’t it be great if you COULD quit your day job? An inspiration to all knitters (tee-hee). I really like how gracefully this drapes along the back of the shoulders, so if I ever get into lace, I will probably buy it.

17. Happy New Year!

That is a beautiful pattern!

18. I just love the shape and style of your Autumn Dream Scarf. Happy New Year!
    Marushka´s last blog post ..The Knitting Year in Review

19. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday! On my to do list for 2011 is the Autumn Dreams and the yarn from the Tempted 3AM club!

20. Would that all knitters/designers could quit their day jobs. A very pretty pattern it is. Your Aran is lovely as well.
    Lucy should be proud of her contributions!
    Jeanie Babbage´s last blog post ..No knitting here today

21. Hi, I just stopped by to say I am giving you one of the “Stylish Bloggers Award”. Here is an explanation of what to do if you wish to accept: http://www.knittedthoughts.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html
    Thanks so much for the networking opportunity. Hope 2011 is great!

22. Lovely pattern, Wendy! I’m finding I wear my shawlettes much more than my shawls so this is perfect. Good stashbuster too.

Warm wishes for a happy new year to you and Lucy!
    MicheleinMaine´s last blog post ..Hoopla Dot Mini Bag with Green Bead

23. Happy New Year to you and Miss Lucy and Happy Birthday to you, Wendy!

24. Oooooh, I LOVE it! I am becoming slightly obsessed with circular/semi-circular scarves, and I’m already obsessed with lace, so this looks to be the right pattern at the right time! Queued!

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Principessa Grassa´s last blog post ..New Year- New Chopsticks

25. Here’s to wishing you luck on the Ravelry front. I wish every designer the opportunity to quit their day job!
    Seanna Lea´s last blog post ..raising a glass to 2011

26. Dr. Jackie says:

Happy Birthday! Great pattern…but what is a “lace cast-on”?

27. Happy New Year!

Love the thought of you making $5 million. :)
    Virginia´s last blog post ..End of the Year Project Roundup

28. Do I see a Kauni sweater under that beautiful scarf? Is the photo posted on Ravelry?

29. Wendy, What a beautiful scarf! Praying you have a safe and prosperous New Year.

30. So happy to see this beautiful pattern available! Somehow I came across it on Rav during the holidays and decided it was the perfect pattern for a skein of silk/merino fingering weight that I wanted to knit up. I just bought it on Rav and have printed it out!

31. This looks like a great pattern to start off the new knitting year with!
    Louise´s last blog post ..Happy New Year!

32. BuckfastBee says:

Happy New Year, Wendy!
    You’re aware that a lot of us are waiting for your first book of lace knitting and patterns?
    Your patterns are so lovely and such a fun to knit – I do rarely cast on a pattern a second time but I love your designs (did I mention that knitting them is easy and a lot of fun? ;-) ).
    Thank you for doing this work, and of course another “Thank You!” to your feline supervisor.

Have an excellent 2011!
    Warm regards, BuckfastBee

33. Wendy, I was wondering if you print the pattern with both a chart and the written instructions? I would love to buy the pattern but I am not so great at reading graphs. Much love to you and Lucy in the New Year!!

34. Hi. I love all your work! And the speed at which you do it all is simply amazing.

Can I ask what the pattern is for the sweater under the latest shawl? TIA, Sally

35. Hi Wendy,

Lovely scarf, another to add to my ever growing to-do list.

Happy New Year.

Best wishes,
    Lisa :)

36. Love this pattern! I did my part to contribute to your retirement fund! My new year’s resolution is to knit, knit, knit. Not only gifts for next year’s holidays, but some charity knitting as well. And maybe get back into doing some spinning. That’s fallen by the wayside this past fall.

37. Just a quick question, Wendy: what knitting symbol software do you use? I’ve been very impressed with the clarity of your charts! And your Calmer sweater is gorgeous. Hmm….been a while since I knit an Aran…..

38. I like the shawl very much! Interesting pattern.
    bachud´s last blog post ..Zwycięstwo

39. Connie G. says:

Love the scarf! Glad it’s available to us now. It’s in my queue now!