1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Starving Artist

I completed my Starving Artist hat last night and immediately popped it on my head and took a picture with my webcam, even though it was dark.

starvingartist021711 240x180 Starving Artist

This was a very fun, fast knit. I used less than one skein of Colinette Skye and U.S. size 10 needles.

beret021711 240x160 Starving Artist

And to make things even better, the pattern is available as a free Ravelry download. What are you waiting for? Seriously.

My Caller Herrin’ hat is not nearly as far along. Sorry for the blurry pic!

Herrin021711 240x160 Starving Artist

I have found that colorwork is still a bit painful at this point, so I can only do a couple of rows at a time.

But just so you don’t feel that you have made a wasted trip, here is a series of photos that I call “Stacy and the Gray Ladies have fun with fingerless mitts.”

grayladiesA021711 240x180 Starving Artist

grayladiesB021711 240x180 Starving Artist

grayladiesC021711 240x180 Starving Artist

Kay021711 180x240 Starving Artist

Mitts021711 240x180 Starving Artist

Stacy021711 237x240 Starving Artist

I think I’m going to have to call that pattern “The Gray Ladies.”

Lucy sez:

Lucy021711 240x160 Starving Artist

“I wonder if the Gray Ladies like kitties?”

Comments

1. Barb Harger says:

I’m sure they do! LOL Definitely will like Lucy!!

2. kate lathrop says:

The hat looks great!! Love the color on you.

Hmm, I may just have a great gray skein of alpaca sock yarn that would knit up the mitts pattern perfectly! I vote for the name The Gray Ladies!!

3. Nice hat! And I love the mitts – can’t wait for the pattern collection to come out.

4. Ok, has the webcam turned your hair black and given you Groucho Marx eyebrows? Or is it just my monitor?

5. Starving Artist looks great…and now I’m thinking about colorwork. Sigh.
    Imbrium´s last blog post ..Fat Tuesday- A Happy Fatty Goes Shopping

6. The Short Gray Lady says:

omg, I keep telling my friend? Stacy to get rid of that piece of s— camera it always makes me look way too OLD and FAT. :-).

7. Your hat looks great and boy that was fast! I’m glad that your hand is getting better.
    Laura´s last blog post ..Today’s Picture

8. I love “The Gray Ladies”…..(i have a secret fetish for fingerless mitts)
    brandi´s last blog post ..Angora Rabbits Part 1

9. I like the hat. Seeing the gray ladies made me think fingerless mitts are great for people with Reynauds where the hands get cold and turn white. I’ve made a couple pair for friends. Theres something about keeping the wrists warn that extends to the fingers.

10. loves the Gray Ladies ♥♥♥

I noticed your cat pillow in the background behind the Starving Artist webcam shot ~ I have the Christmas version!!!
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Lights! Cameras! Socks

11. Susan Shelly says:

Love the Starving Artist and love the gray ladies! I would just bet that they like kitties too!

12. Lucy, of course Grey Ladies like kitties! Love the gloves. And the hat. You go, Wendy!
    Angeluna´s last blog post ..A Nod to the Ancestors

13. I *need* the pattern for the fingerless mitts!! When will “Winter” be available?

14. so looking forward to the collection, especially after these shots…

15. I’ve just discovered the joys of fingerless gloves, and I love that Gray Ladies pattern. Can’t wait to get my mitts on them! (Heh–see what I did there? I crack myself up.)

16. I love fingerless mitts. They are so good for the office, so I’m looking forward to your pattern coming out for them!
    Seanna Lea´s last blog post ..oh wollmeise

17. Great hat, hat-in-progress, and mitts! And how could anyone think a trip to your blog was a wasted one?!!! So much to like! Bess

18. I am sure the Gray Ladies like kitties. And they probably like small, foo-foo dogs too!

19. Both Gray Ladies own Great Danes. LOL I do know that they have a super soft spot for kitties, especially a Lucy kitty.

I love the name of that pattern, it was a lot of fun to knit and they came in very handy during our blizzard a few weeks ago.

20. I love the gray ladies, both the people and the gloves! Miss Lucy looks just lovely also – what fun!

21. i’m a gray lady and i love kitties!!

22. Lucy, doesn’t EVERYone like kitties?

23. Marsha in CO says:

I think of you every day and send you continuing healing for that poor hand. I’m looking forward to buying your new pattern booklet. It sounds fun and I’m excited to try them. Keep warm and hugs to you and Lucy.

24. Love the hats! Love the fingerless mittens!! Gray Ladies is a great name!!
    Cindy´s last blog post ..Busyish week behind busyish week ahead!

25. Hi,
    I hope this is where we are to post Lucy’s weight. I guess she weighs 8.2 lbs.

She is a beautiful cat!!!

26. I think Lucy weighs 11.3 pounds

27. Wendy Peterson says:

I guess Lucy to be 13.8 pounds. And much of that is fur.

28. I can’t tell you how much I enjoy your web site. The tips and hints you give are so valuable ….I ask myself, “why didn’t I think of that”? I too have a Siamese cat and so enjoy Lucy’s comments. My cat is 21 lbs and I’m sure Lucy is at least half of that…so my guess is 9.2 oz

29. I think Lucy is a beautiful, large-boned ladycat of 14.6 pounds. Besides, 14 is a lucky number, right? (being 2x 7) ;). ps I have a labrador retriever boy who is over 120 lb of fun, love and personality.