I knit a tiny gauge swatch and figured that based on my gauge of 5 st/inch, I needed to cast on 90 stitches. So I did. I happily knit on this for a while Friday night but decided I wanted to keep it for commuter knitting, so left it at this point.
On Saturday I picked up a project I’d stopped working on when I first broke my hand — my Twisty Aran. The twisted stitches really hurt to execute right after the accident.
But I’m pleased to report that things are much better now. Here’s the back of Twisty.
Strangely, colorwork does hurt — quite a bit, so I’ve stopped working on Caller Herrin’. Another problem — it is WAY too small. So small that blocking will not solve it. (I know I have a large head and a lot of hair, so this does not come as a very big surprise.) I’m knitting to gauge, but clearly the pattern is for a much smaller head than mine, so it will need to be ripped out and recalculated. And I’m not in the mood, so it is off the radar for now.
“Nice work on the bind-off.”