1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Skinny and Twisted

There is nothing terribly exciting going on here. I knit on my Skinny Starving Artist on my commute today.

Hat022211 240x160 Skinny and Twisted

And I worked on my Twisty Aran at home.

Twisty022211 240x160 Skinny and Twisted

The poor Twisty Aran has been languishing on the needles far too long, thanks to my knitting hiatus courtesy my broken hand. I’m hoping to get it done soon and move on to something else.

In other news, Lucy had her annual visit to the vet yesterday for check-up and shots. And of course she got weighed.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess how much she weighs?

Leave your guess in the comments (please do not email me or use the contact me form, only guesses left in the comments will be eligible to win). Everyone who guesses her exact weight to one-tenth of a pound will be emailed a coupon code that you can redeem in my Ravelry store for one free WendyKnits pattern. So be sure and use a valid email address on your comment (email addys are not displayed — only I can see them.)

Please enter your guess in pounds and tenths of pounds (not ounces) — like this:

3.5 pounds

Enter your guess by 4:00pm eastern time on Thursday, February 24, 2011 to be eligible to win a free pattern.

Lucy sez:

Lucy022211 240x160 Skinny and Twisted

“This is so embarrassing . . .”

Comments

1. Hehehe – guessing a lady’s weight is so out of the ordinary! I say 7.7 pounds. Because I like 7′s.

2. 8.4 pounds?

3. Err… I have no idea. I’m really bad at guessing weights. 5.2 pounds?

4. Based on my experience with cats I would say that Miss Lucy weighs 9.5 pounds.

5. I’ll say 5.3 lbs…I’m sure I’m under but you know a girl hates it when people guess way over. LOL
    Muriel´s last blog post ..First FO for 2011

6. I will guess 8.6 pounds – She’s got a lot of fur.

7. I’m going with 11.1 pounds, although I recognize much of her is lightweight floofiness.
    sprite´s last blog post ..my shawlette

8. Aww poor Lucy I say 7.5 pounds. I am likely very off and for Lucy’s sake I hope I am wrong. Go girl :)

9. Based on the size of my own Squeek compared to photos of Lucy, my guess is 12.3 lbs. I’m sure Lucy is hissing at me for that right now. ;)
    Lynne´s last blog post ..Belated

10. I’m going with 13.8. She’s beautiful at any weight!

11. 12.3

12. I’m thinking 5.8 pounds
    CelestialSiryn´s last blog post ..Last Of The Old- First Of The New

13. My guess is 10.2 lbs.

14. I’m guessing 10.4 lbs only because she looks an awful lot like my sister’s cat who was weighed yesterday at about 11 lbs. Glad to see you are able to knit a little again.
    sarah´s last blog post ..October

15. Shannon H. says:

I’m going to guess Miss Lucy weighs… 12.1 lbs…

16. I’d guess 11.4

17. Since she’s such a fluffy girl, I’m going to go with 12.4.

18. I’m going to go with 13.5 pounds

Love the color of your starving artist.
    Trish D.´s last blog post ..Crazy Weather

19. I’m going to guess 10.1 pounds.

20. Hmm, I’m gonna go with 9.7 pounds.

21. How about 10.6 lbs?

22. I’m going to guess 8.9 pounds. Partly because no one has guessed that yet. :-)

23. Adrienne S. says:

I’ll say 10.2 lbs. My boy kitties both way about 12-13 lbs, and girls are usually daintier. I don’t think her fur weighs much. ;)

24. I think she weighs 12.5 pounds… Hopefully im close!

25. Hm… I’m guessing Lucy is 10.25lbs. She looks much more svelte than my two feline overlords, who each recently weighed in around 13.25.

26. Hard to tell how much is little Missy and how much is fur but considering my own little dumpling is 13.5 I will say 10.0

27. Maybe 9.3 pounds. ;)

28. 11.2 lbs

29. Hmmm. I’ll go with 13.2 lbs.

30. 9.9 lbs. Shhh, don’t tell anyone.
    Julie´s last blog post ..Full Snow Moon

31. Maura van der Linden says:

I’l have to go with 13.75 :)

32. I’m going to say 11.8 lbs. She’s gorgeous.

33. Christienne says:

Hi Wendy
    My guess for miss Lucy’s weight is … 12.6 lbs.
    My girl kitty is weighing in at almost 18 lbs these days so Lucy can still feel slim : )
    Happy knitting!

34. I have to guess 11.11
    ;)
    Greta´s last blog post ..Tis the season

35. Her long hair is probably going to throw people off. Still, I’m going to say 9.7 pounds.

36. I’ll go for 8.2.

37. I’ll take an uneducated guess at 9.9 lbs.
    And I agree, she is beautiful, no matter what she weighs!
    StarzAbove´s last blog post ..Lightning and a Rainbow

38. I’m thinking Lucy’s about 12.7 pounds. Glad you’re getting at least a little knitting fix in with your hands!

39. I’d gander a svelte 6.8 lbs, she’s got a lot of luscious hair.

40. I think there is a tiny cat under all that floof. I’m going to guess 7.4 lbs.
    Lynn Z´s last blog post ..Spinning

41. Well I would refuse to answer based on the fact that no lady should have their weight guessed, and Lucy after all is the ideal Lady. In fact I am waiting for her Damehood by the British monarchy. But if I had to guess, from my Ragdoll when I was a girl, I’d say 11.1 pounds.
    Rebekah´s last blog post ..We Interrupt this Shawl for Something More Important – Chemo Cap

42. I guess 10.3 pounds, which is the weight of my smaller girl cat.

43. 13.2 I know she looks bigger than she is really, but I also remember my Perry – long haired, beautiful and oh-so-embarrassed…….

44. Being a female Ragdoll, 12.7 pounds would be reasonable for her.

45. Lucy looks about the size of my Peke, but with smaller bones, so I guess 10.4.
    Cathie Jones´s last blog post ..Fresno Dixieland Society Sounds of Mardi Gras – Friday

46. Geraldine Scott says:

Let’s try 13.3

47. She looks like a much fluffier version of my cat (only for size) at least based on some of your on the knitting shots. I will have to make my guess at 10.7 pounds. She is a beautiful rubenesque kitty!
    Seanna Lea´s last blog post ..shop review- gather here

48. 8.75 pounds is my guess.
    Sidra Vitale´s last blog post ..QOTD

49. She looks like she is the same size as the lilac Siamese I got when I was 10 and who, coincidentally, was named Lucy. 7.2 lbs.

50. I’ll go with 11.1 because it’s an amusing number.

51. My guess is 9.1 pounds of lovely Lucy.

52. Freya in Californeya says:

8.3 lbs ?

53. I would guess 11.3 pounds – cute at any size :).

54. 11.1 pounds

(Poor Lucy will have a complex after this competition!)

55. I will guess 12.7 pounds. She’s not fat – she’s fluffy!

56. Andrea9772 says:

I’m going to go with 11.2 pounds of beautiful baby girl!

57. 9.7

58. 9.3 maybe?

59. I’m going to guess…10.8 pounds!

60. I think she is quite petite 8.2 pounds

61. She’s definitely lighter than my long-haired gray, Oliver, who tops the scales at 18#. I’d say Lucy is 11.3 lb.

62. I will say 9.8 lbs. Sorry, Lucy, if we embarrass you.
    Sallie´s last blog post ..Icarus Shawl update

63. 13.2 pounds? We had one that was that big.
    Lilie´s last blog post ..Gordian Knots &amp Stripey Yarns!

64. I’m going to guess 7.6 pounds.

65. This is difficult. My Billy is 17 lbs. and my little girl Wille is 7. I will go for an average and say 12. I hope I have not insulted the beautiful Lucie.

66. My Artie is a little over 8#, so I’m guessing that Lucy is about 11.2#. Please don’t be offended if I’m over by a lot – it’s all that fluffiness that fools the eye.

67. I’m going to go with 15.8 lbs. Ragdolls are just big cats. There is nothing wrong with being a big beautiful kitty.

68. 6.8 pounds

Your starving artist is beautiful!

69. Lucy is a petite little thing, right? I’d guess 7.3 pounds, a bit smaller than my 11.5 and 12.3 pound lunkers.
    kmkat´s last blog post ..Ten on Tuesday- not

70. I’m guessing 8.2 pounds.

71. 10.2 pounds

72. im just lori says:

7.6 pounds.

She’s all fluff. I’m sure.

And she’s a pretty lady, with all that fluff, too. :-)

73. I’ll go with 9.8 pounds.

74. I’m going for 11.3. Lotsa floor but I think there’s a solid kitty under there. Besides it less than my slightly pudgy cats and more than my not pudgy dog. Guess who rules this roost.

75. 9.2… All that fluff can’t weigh very much…

76. Lucy, honey, it is just more to love. My Bridgette weighs in at just shy of 15 pounds, and you look more delicate. Let’s say 12.4 pounds of sweet baby kitty.

77. I’m going to guess 11.6 :)

78. I recognize a Rubenesque feline when I see one. I’ll guess 17.2 pounds.

79. 12.2

My two neutered males both top the scales at more than 20 pounds! Maybe it’s the water……

80. 12.7 pounds
    Of course, since cat’s have variable density, her true weight is anyone’s guess.

81. 11.3 lbs.

82. Tracy in SCL says:

11.7 pounds

83. She’ll hate me, but I’m going with 17.5 lbs.
    Rose´s last blog post ..A Vile Virus

84. How about 9.6, cause that is a lot of fluffy fur, makes her look bigger :)

85. 6.2 lbs

86. Mary Roach says:

9.9

87. Since the Ragdoll is one of the largest breeds of cat and Lucy is a healthy kitty, I’ll guess 14.5 pounds.

88. Jeanette Zimmerli says:

I’ll guess 9.2 lbs, but she doesn’t look over 5lbs (everyone should look like they weigh less than they do)

89. 8.9 pounds

90. 13.5 pounds

91. Hm, I’ll go with 10.7 pounds.
    Word Lily´s last blog post ..Sunday bullets

92. Ragdolls are big kitties. My boy cats are both around 10 pounds, but they are your basic American shorthairs. No offense to Lucy – she looks deliciously fluffy – but I’m thinking she’s around 14.6.

93. 6.8 (what do I know? my cat is a brick, and my dog weighs 80 lbs.) :)

94. I have a very fluffy kitty too, so I know the weights can be very deceptive!

I guess 10.2 lbs.

95. oh Lucy, I do sympathize, my cats always have gained. When my late great Yoda cat inched up to 15 lbs, I told him not to worry, we’d find a different vet who wouldnt call him a balloon cat…

Lucy, I’m guessing, is 11.5 lbs
    KathyB´s last blog post ..WATCH- All-Feline Jury Offers Animated Verdict

96. I’m guessing 14.7 lbs

97. 8.4 lbs.
    Claire´s last blog post ..Le Roi est mort

98. MayaMoonie says:

I’m saying 10.1 lbs. Just over that double digit hump :) She’s gorgeous, no matter what the real answer is.

99. she is lovely! i miss my ragdoll baby :(

i’m guessing 10 lbs even.
    helena´s last blog post ..New phone adventures

100. 13 lb