Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Skinny and Twisted

There is nothing terribly exciting going on here. I knit on my Skinny Starving Artist on my commute today.

Hat022211 240x160 Skinny and Twisted

And I worked on my Twisty Aran at home.

Twisty022211 240x160 Skinny and Twisted

The poor Twisty Aran has been languishing on the needles far too long, thanks to my knitting hiatus courtesy my broken hand. I’m hoping to get it done soon and move on to something else.

In other news, Lucy had her annual visit to the vet yesterday for check-up and shots. And of course she got weighed.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess how much she weighs?

Leave your guess in the comments (please do not email me or use the contact me form, only guesses left in the comments will be eligible to win). Everyone who guesses her exact weight to one-tenth of a pound will be emailed a coupon code that you can redeem in my Ravelry store for one free WendyKnits pattern. So be sure and use a valid email address on your comment (email addys are not displayed — only I can see them.)

Please enter your guess in pounds and tenths of pounds (not ounces) — like this:

3.5 pounds

Enter your guess by 4:00pm eastern time on Thursday, February 24, 2011 to be eligible to win a free pattern.

Lucy sez:

Lucy022211 240x160 Skinny and Twisted

“This is so embarrassing . . .”

Comments

1. 13.1 pounds. A wild guess.

2. My guess is a petite 6.4 lbs. – though she could weigh twice that & she’d still be gorgeous!

3. well, good to see Miss WendyKnitsALot is back in business!! YOU GO GIRL!

I think Miss Lucy is purrrrrrrrr-fect at any weight-even if she’s 12.8 ♥♥♥ OHAI I is a Poet and didn’t know it~ LOL!
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Birthday Bash for Baby!

4. Kamilla Mazanec says:

13.9 pounds

5. I’m guessing 7.2 lbs. My reasoning? My sister’s cat (George Waffle) is super fluffy but light!

6. This is a totally off the wall guess of 13.2 lb

7. Elizabeth H. says:

I’m going to guess 13 lbs even. Lucy is gorgeous, and very fluffy!

8. I’ll go for 10.2 pounds.

9. How about 5.8 lbs.

10. I’m going to guess 12.6 lbs.

11. I’m gonna say….. 14.8.
    I actually have a friend whose 13 year old cat weighs 17lbs. Lol. She’s quite funny. =p

12. I know just how Lucy feels…My guess is 12.9 pounds.

13. I’m guessing she is more fluffy than fat, 9.3 pounds of lovable kitty there.

14. I’m going to guess Lucy weighs 13.5 pounds.
    Ezara´s last blog post ..Kalmia and Calorimetry

15. Looking at Lucy’s photos and comparing her to my two kitties, I am going to
    say 12.5 lbs. I hereby apologize to Miz Lucy in advance
    if I guessed too high. It is hard to tell through all her lovely
    fluffiness. 🙂

16. 14.5 that would be embarrassing

17. My guess is be 8.9 pounds.
    Geri´s last blog post ..Were Not in Kansas Anymore

18. I’m going to guess 10.3 It gets a little tricky when they have so much fur. Tell Lucy she wears it well–regardless.

19. I’m going to go with 8.7 lbs.

20. CaroleP (ohio says:

Since I haven’t seen a beautiful ragdoll lately I have nothing to compare her to, so this is certainly a guess. I had too large cats, just under 20 lbs who weren’t as fluffy. I’m guessing 18.4 lbs. Whatever her weight, she carries it very well!

21. How about 10.7 lbs??

22. I had a long-haired Siamese who looked very much like Lucy. If she’s anything of similar size, I’d say 12.8 lbs. I still miss her — she was the best-behaved cat I’ve ever seen but she also was the queen of our house!

23. I’m not a cat person, so this may be way out there – but I just like the numbers (sorry Lucy). 12.6 lbs

24. 8.4 lbs.

25. I guess Lucy at 12 lbs even. She doesn’t look over weight but she’s a big girl.

26. Beverly (db81971) says:

I’m guessing 12.8 … she looks smaller than my cat.

27. I’m going to guess 8.7 pounds.

28. I’d guess right at 12 lbs. She’s not over weight but she’s “fluffy”.

29. I’m going to guess 10.9 pounds, based on my kitties….

30. 9.3! I think she’s heavier than she looks. I had a kitty that looked just like Lucy she lived for 19yrs. We had her since she was 2wks old!

31. I’m going to go for 8.6lbs…hmm, I think I have spent far too long pondering this!

32. I think the lovely Lucy weighs 7.5lbs.

33. 9.3 pounds
    Heather N´s last blog post ..Busy- in a good way

34. My guess is 10.75 pounds.
    Dorothy´s last blog post ..FO Squared

35. 9.8 pounds ?

36. I guess 12.5 lbs.

37. I’ve been taking my long haired cat to the vet recently, so judging by Lucy’s pictures, I’ll guess 12.8. She LOOKS about that, but ragdolls are usually on the large side, so I may be underestimating. Glad she’s healthy, though! My 16 yr old kitty takes enough pills that I swear we’re running the kitty equivalent of an assisted living home.

38. Elaine in NYC says:

11.75 pounds–she’s got a way to go to catch up with my fat guy!

39. I guess she´s 9.4 lb.
    ♥ Sabine

40. Hmmm…how about 13.4 lbs.? I know Lucy is embarrassed but remind her that we “fluffy” ones don’t have to worry about wrinkles!! LOL

41. My guess is 9.7, she has a small face and is hiding under all that hair!

42. Lucy is a little girl, I would guess right around 8.7 pounds. She appears to be much smaller than our big cats (12-18 pounds) and bigger than mangy cat (about 6.5). She is a beauty.
    picadrienne´s last blog post ..Swidget 10

43. Abi Taylor says:

10.11 lbs. She is georgeous.

44. I will venture to say 9.8 pounds? She’s beautiful btw…
    Christine Chen´s last blog post ..Beverly’s Birthday Bash and My Knitting Class

45. I say 8.4 pounds….

46. My guess is 8.8 pounds. Imagine that in yarn!

47. Eleanor Swogger says:

I think she weight 10.2 pounds. She is certainly bigger than either of my dogs.

48. Ruth Musso says:

13.0 pounds

49. Gina Power says:

I would say 10.2 pounds. She is a beautiful cat 🙂
    Gina

50. I’m going to guess 10.3 pounds.

51. mmmmmm, I don’t like to talk about a ladies weight in public ….. but I’m guessing a svelte 9.2lbs 😀

52. 10.5 pounds

53. 9.0
    Becky´s last blog post ..I Love Punxsutawney Phil

54. I’m guessing Miss Lucy weighs 6.3 pounds, and that she’s made entirely of fluff and air and love.

55. I’m going to guess 9.25 pounds, because that’s close to what my boys weight. 🙂

56. Miss Lucy looks to be about 13.7.

57. 8.1, Janice picked my first guess :-/
    Glad things are going well for you and Lucy 🙂

58. I’m going to guess 14.2 lbs.

59. My official guess is 11.8 – roughly the weight of my fluffball, Crookshanks – but you can tell the lovely, luxurious Lucy I think she looks at least 1/2 a pound lighter than her actual weight 😉

60. I’ll guess 16.2 lbs.
    Pixiewear´s last blog post ..Hello!

61. Arlene Hoose says:

I think about 13.6. Not bad for such a pretty kitty. Love the
    skinny hat.

62. 7.75 lbs

63. I’m guessing 9.8 lbs.

64. 9.4

65. Let Lucy know that curves are attractive for all ladies! I’m estimating 11.4. She’s quite beautiful at any weight.

66. Lucy weighs 16.2 pounds?

67. Of course it’s all fur and muscle (those weight alot). Based on my cats’ weights (they looked thinner than they weighed), My guess is 12.5 lbs.

68. My estimate is 8.3 lbs

69. My guess is 11.4 – that fur is deceptive!

70. No disrespects to Lucy, I know how sensitve she is but I think she weighs 14.8 lbs.

71. I have never seen Miss Lucy in person, but based on my experience with my floofy and less-so felines I’m going to guess 9.8 pounds.
    CarolineF´s last blog post ..Some knitting

72. My guess is 9.4 pounds. She’s fluffy, like my dog. He looks huge, but he only weights 19 kg

73. deidre corbet says:

Poor Lucy. What lady really wants her weight discussed? how about 9.8?

74. Wendy in Indy says:

I will say 9.9 pounds.

75. 8.3 pounds
    Ida´s last blog post ..A Conversation with Lobug Designs

76. I’d say the fur weighs more than she does. 7.5 pounds.

77. I’m going to guess 12.6 pounds. Hope she’s not offended.
    Patty Madrigal´s last blog post ..Flowers in the Garden

78. Lucy looks lovely no matter what her weight is.

My guess would be 10.3.

79. Celaine Killingsworth says:

I’m guessing 14.1. Not to hurt Lucy’s feelings or anything but my Lucy weighs 15.6, and that was a year ago. She and Jenny C. don’t see eye to eye.

80. I’ll go with 9.7 she looks about the size of my smaller cat

81. My guess is 13.8 pounds. I have 2 cats and one is the size of Lucy. Tell Lucy not to worry there is just more of her to love.

82. I’m guessing 8.2 lbs. That’s a furry kitty.

83. I’m guessing 8.8 pounds. I just know she’s nowhere near my 26 pound Tzippi.

84. Alice Moisen says:

My estimate is 10.4 pounds.

85. Just guessing from the last time I took my own Simoneypants to the vet but let’s go with 11.2 pounds

86. Since my cat weighs nearly 11 pounds, and she’s not as big as Lucy, I’m going to guess that Lucy weighs 14.1 pounds. Sorry Lucy, but ragdolls are pretty big cats!

87. I’m thinking she’s a dainty girl with lots of clothes on.
    5.8

88. She looks about the size of one of my kitties, with the same type of fluffy fur, so I’m going to guess 13 pounds. 🙂

Amanda

89. My guess is 10.4 lbs. All my cats are boys and range from about 6 lbs all the way to 17 lbs, but Lucy is much fluffier than any of them.

90. tootwisteddonna says:

Lucy’s Fluffy not fat!!! I guess 8.2 lbs

91. 9.4lbs

92. Heather Simoneau says:

16.5 pounds.

93. My guess is 13.22 lbs.

94. I just took my Zappa cat in to the vet and he was almost 16 lbs! I know Lucy can’t be anywhere near that ridiculous number. I’m guessing 11.2

95. Lucy is 14.6 pounds of loveliness! I know; where does she put it all?
    Ann Devine´s last blog post ..Its all over but the shouting

96. I am guessing that since Lucy is a “Lady”, she might weigh in at 11.2 lbs. Glad to hear that your hand is getting better. Isn’t it nice when the prescribed therapy is an enjoyable thing to do (knitting). Take care.

97. April Phillips says:

I’m going to guess at 11.2 lbs.

98. Hmmm, I think I’ll go with 10.6. Fluff is very deceptive…

99. Stacy and the rugrats says:

Hmmm, if Lucy is like our Birmans, she weighs less than you think because of all her hair. So I am going to go for about 8.7 lbs.

woot!