Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Skinny and Twisted

There is nothing terribly exciting going on here. I knit on my Skinny Starving Artist on my commute today.

Hat022211 240x160 Skinny and Twisted

And I worked on my Twisty Aran at home.

Twisty022211 240x160 Skinny and Twisted

The poor Twisty Aran has been languishing on the needles far too long, thanks to my knitting hiatus courtesy my broken hand. I’m hoping to get it done soon and move on to something else.

In other news, Lucy had her annual visit to the vet yesterday for check-up and shots. And of course she got weighed.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess how much she weighs?

Leave your guess in the comments (please do not email me or use the contact me form, only guesses left in the comments will be eligible to win). Everyone who guesses her exact weight to one-tenth of a pound will be emailed a coupon code that you can redeem in my Ravelry store for one free WendyKnits pattern. So be sure and use a valid email address on your comment (email addys are not displayed — only I can see them.)

Please enter your guess in pounds and tenths of pounds (not ounces) — like this:

3.5 pounds

Enter your guess by 4:00pm eastern time on Thursday, February 24, 2011 to be eligible to win a free pattern.

Lucy sez:

Lucy022211 240x160 Skinny and Twisted

“This is so embarrassing . . .”

Comments

1. Hi! I hope the lovely Lucy had a good report from her doctor. She has loads of fur, but I’m betting she is svelte beneath it all. My guess: 7.5 pounds.

2. 10.8 lbs is my guess.

3. 10.7 lbs

4. Pam from Kansas says:

Somehow, I feel there is less of her than we think. My guess is 8.5

5. I’m guessing 13.4 pounds!

6. My guess is 14.2 lbs.

7. 9.7 — she’s a beauty!

8. 12.7, hair weighs a lot ;)!

9. I’ll guess 9.8 lbs. for Lucy. As my cats like to tell me, they’re fluffy–not fat!

10. Lucy has fluffy hair, so I guess not more than 9lb, … she might be 8.2lb!

11. 10.6 #

12. I have no idea – I am eternally bad at guessing the weight of fluffy kitties. Nevertheless, I shall guess anyway: 8.4 lb.
    Jenni´s last blog post ..In the meantime

13. Our male ragdoll weighed in at 22 lbs, so I’m thinking a female should weigh less. I’m guessing 17.8 lbs.

14. Lucy –
    I know this is mostly fur and whiskers but I think you weigh 8.2 healthy pounds.

15. I’m guessing 7.6 pounds. She looks like a dainty little kitty.

16. The more I see of the Knitgirlls yarn, the more I love it. Lucy, petite girl that she is, lets say 13.9 lbs.

17. my guess is 8.5 lbs

18. I’m guessing 13.1 pounds. She looks like a weighty little girl.

19. I guess 8.2 lbs. Lucy, you’re a beautiful cat no matter how much you weigh.

20. Joan D. Robertson says:

Let’s go for 10.7 lbs.

Joanie R.

21. Hard to say with all of her fine floof but she looks to be between the size of my two girls so I’ll guess 8.9 lbs.
    Denise´s last blog post ..In the bag

22. Rebecca Zimmerman says:

I’m a guessin’ 13.2, just ’cause that’s what popped into my head – that would be bigger than my wee little cat and smaller than my big tom…in any case she’s the purrrrrfect weight, don’tcha think…

23. Had a cat like her years ago. I guess 9.7.

24. Ruth Porter says:

All that fur can be misleading. I’ll say 8.6 pounds, and every pound is lovely.

25. Hmmmm . . . poor Lucy. I’ll take 11.6 pounds.

26. GretcheKnits says:

8.6. I bet she’s mostly fur — and you know how the camera puts on pounds…

27. Lucy looks about the same size as my kitties, Mischief and Mayhem. I’m guessing 9.7 lbs. 🙂

28. probably way off here, but I think she looks similar to my own kitty so I’ll say 7.5
    justlisa´s last blog post ..looking up

29. She appears to be the same size as my Boston Terrier, 19.2 lbs.

30. My guess is 15.3. Sorry Lucy but you resemble the size of my middle cat, although the fur is deceptive to the eye. I do apologize if I’ve offended you, please just chalk it up to blurry vision ;-).

31. Aussie Rosemary says:

No idea really. I get confused with lbs 10.8 ?

32. My guess is 8.3 pounds. Love the colors on the skinny starving artist!

33. 9.4

34. She’s such a pretty floofy thing 🙂

15.7

35. I’ll guess 13.4 pounds.

36. considering I have a 75 pound dog I am not very good at guessing kitties. So I will go with the weight of my youngest daughter when born – 8.6 lbs. (She just turned 20 last week).

37. I’m going with 12.2 pounds (of fluffy love).

38. 18.6
    Sharon´s last blog post ..A Chinese Leprechaun

39. Danielle Porter says:

I will guess she is at 9.7 lds.

40. she’s a dainty lady (unlike our 18 lb garfield), so I guess she weights 8.7 lbs.

41. Jackie-Lynn says:

My guess is 10.2 lbs. 🙂

42. Sue Ann Schaus says:

She’s not fat, she’s fluffy….

I would say 7.25 pounds

43. Donna from Muskegon,MI says:

Miss Lucy is pretty fluffy so I’ll say 9.2 lbs.

44. No worries Lucy – – you look fantabulous!

I say 8 lbs 11 oz.

45. I’m terrible at these games, but it is worth a shot…12.3lbs?

46. tiger says 11.2 lbs. he is 14 lbs. his brother is 17 lbs.

47. I have to say 18.2 lbs!

48. Hmmm… 10.8 is my guess. Don’t worry, Lucy, we won’t tell!

49. Angie A. (Sybina) says:

10.8 lbs. I love Lucy!

50. She looks to me like 11.4 lbs. Solid muscle, from all that athletic modelling she does.

51. I’m guessing 12.9 pounds.

52. 12.1lbs

53. 10.4 lb

54. Just a guess 5.8 pounds

55. absolutely no idea, so please tell Lucy this is not personal. I will guess 14.1 pounds.

56. 12.7, most of which is cuteness ;>))

57. Crazy Aunt Betty says:

My Toby weighed 16.4 at his last checkup. I’ll go with 14.4 lbs for Miss Lucy since girls usually weigh less.

58. Long hair can be deceiving but I would guess 12.2 lbs.

59. This is so rude, guessing a lady’s weight! If you were my mommy I would be pissed. That being said, based on the weight of my Murray, a male Himmy, I guess Miss Lucy to weight around 8.5lbs. Sorry Lucy. You don’t look an ounce over 7lbs!!! 😉

60. She reminds me of our Katie – so I’ll guess 10.3 Lbs.

61. 10 pounds.

62. My guess is 14.4, but she wears it well! She’s a Ragdoll an she’s entitle to every ounce!

63. I’m thinking……..12.7 lbs.

64. My guess is 14.5 pounds. I think ragdolls are supposed to be a larger breed…it’s hard to tell about Lucy, since she’s so fluffy and cute.

65. How about 9.2? She is precious!

66. Cats are often heavier than they look – so I’ll go with 11.8

67. I guess Lucy weighs 6.8lbs…all that fur can be deceptive.
    My Sugar Boo weighs 7.5lbs-compact and solid, Princess Hula Sunshine 9.5lbs-svelte and chic as a princess can be 😉 the girls are Snowshoes and are littermate sisters.
    Nico aka Kitty Boy is about 12 lbs, long sleek, heavy Tonkinese male…it surprises you when you go to pick him up, he feels like a ton of bricks! <3

68. She’s about the size of my KozyKaty. I’ll say 12.6 lbs.

69. madonnaearth says:

I’m going to go with 7.5 pounds because I have no clue!

I love the diamonds in that twisty aran.

70. 9.9 lbs.

71. I’m going to go with 8.1 pounds.

72. cheryl stewart says:

I think 6.8 pounds, she is so pretty.

73. Since Lucy is so embarassed, I would say she’s a hefty 11.7 pounds. Don’t worry Lucy, you’re still loved.

74. molly casanova says:

she’s so fluffy…I’ll hazard 8.7#

75. My guess is 11.2 lbs.

76. Darling daughter estimates 8.5 pounds, so I’ll defer to her superior math estimating skills.

77. Hmm…the camera doesn’t add any extra weight perhaps….I’m going with 13.4 pounds

78. 14.2 lbs

79. margieinmaryland says:

OK – I’ll go with 11.4 pounds.

I really like the color of the Starving Artist…
    margieinmaryland

80. I am gonna go with 12.3 pounds, really have no idea what a full grown cat weighs,tho.

81. I’m guessing 9.4 pounds. Could be lots of hair there!

82. Hmmm….my kitty-boys are big kitties who weigh 15+ but I’m thinking Lucy isn’t nearly that big a kitty…

I’ll guess 11.8 pounds 🙂
    MelissaW´s last blog post ..Its Craft Crawl Week 2011!

83. I’ll go with 11.7, if I’ve overestimated, I hope Lucy will forgive me, I do think she’s mostly fluff though. So glad to see you are slowly getting back to your knitting, You had me worried!

84. martha simpson says:

I believe Lucy weighs 13.2 pounds.

85. My first guesstimate is 13.9 pounds……..

86. My guess…17#’s. I love kitties!

87. My guess on Lucy is 12.9#, which is what my calico Lucy weighed at her last checkup. I was advised to put her on a diet. We shall see in another few weeks how the mix of half diet /half regular food has worked.

88. based on my kitty – I say 12.8

89. Sorry if this is a duplicate, but my comment appears to have been lost.

I’d say she’s a dainty thing (unlike my 18 lb Garfield look-alike) so I’m going to guess 8.7 lbs

90. 13.7 lbs.

91. Lucy weighs: 285 ounces, 450 yards, hand painted (obviously) composed of mostly of felted stitches?

I have a boy, ozzie, like her and he’s 12 bazillions nanograms (at least).

92. She’s very sleek & fluffy so I’ll guess 9.4 lbs. ; )

93. I’m going to say 14.8 pounds.

94. I will guess your beautiful girl weighs 11.1

95. 8.2 lbs …she’s fluffy.

96. I recall some of your guests saying Lucy is a little thing, so I’ll go with 7.5 lbs.

97. 11 pounds, according to my spouse. I can’t think in anything but kilos, so I’m swiping his guess!
    Genny´s last blog post ..Swatching and winding

98. Oh! Really! How could you do this to precious Lucy?! Well I’m going with 13.8 lbs. She looks very svelte.

99. Mrs. Meg C says:

11.6

100. Ok…ragdolls tend to be bigger, but you have said Lucy doesn’t eat much….so she’s clearly smaller than my 15 pound ragdoll, but bigger than my 6 lb shorthair…

9.4 lbs!
    Colleen´s last blog post ..Racism in the burbs