1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Summer Mystery Shawlette Second Chart

It’s here! It’s here! The next clue to the Summer Mystery Shawlette is here, in pdf format.

To recap, here are the previous pieces of the project:

Upon finishing the Chart A, your work should look something like this:

ClueOne 240x160 Summer Mystery Shawlette Second Chart

And here is a close-up:

ClueOneCloseup 240x160 Summer Mystery Shawlette Second Chart

Okay, this latest clue contains Chart B, which is the next 12 rows of the pattern. Please read the information on the first page of the clue, above the chart. I point out a couple of things that will help you in knitting Chart B.

I am tagging each blog post that has information about this knit-along with the tag “Summer Mystery Shawlette” so you can easily go back and read all the blog posts with information about the project. Click on the link at the bottom of the post that reads “Summer Mystery Shawlette.” Or enter “Summer Mystery Shawlette” in the search box in the left-hand sidebar.

Remember also that there are discussion threads for this project on Ravelry, in the WendyKnits group. I’ve started a thread for Part Two so you can talk about it and ask questions, offer comments, etc. There is also a thread for posting spoiler photos.

As Professor River Song might say “Spoilers!”

The next clue will be posted on Thursday, May 26 at around 4:30pm EDT. icon smile Summer Mystery Shawlette Second Chart

Work in Progress

My Estonian Pi is growing . . .

WIP052111 240x160 Summer Mystery Shawlette Second Chart

It is a coincidence that my needle matches the yarn color so closely — definitely not planned! It is true that this will in theory make it more difficult to knit because the stitches are harder to see. However, I tend to knit more by feel than by sight, so it’s not posing too much of a problem.

Lucy does not seem overly impressed, does she?

Lucy052111 240x160 Summer Mystery Shawlette Second Chart

Comments

1. Wow, the shawl looks amazing. I am so glad I have planned today to just work on the shawl. Thank you so much for this great treat!
    Lucy is really very impressed, she just doesn’t want to let you know.

2. Hooray! A great way to spend my b-day knitting!!!
    MIchelle B´s last blog post ..Sew Obsessed

3. This is so much fun. Thanks for the reasonable amount of knitting and the well planned pattern!

4. Wendy in Cambridge says:

Yay–Part II! I love the shawlette so far. Thanks for putting the clues in pdf format, Wendy. It makes it so much easier.

5. Yeah! I got all my housework done early so I could work on clue 2. Thank you!

6. Thank you, Wendy! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

7. Thanks so much for a great knit, Wendy! I never keep up with knitalongs, but am ready to start chart b today, can’t wait, in fact. I appreciate your genius.

8. Chart B here I come — Thanks Wendy for another great KAL – and finally organized folders for projects knowing I will do another cause the first has been so much fun — off to knit! (Lucy, thanks for being such an inspiration)

9. Thanks so much for sharing this! I’m loving it so far.

10. thought Sunday would never get here!
    is tomorrow Thursday?

11. This is great fun! Not a big, intimidating project, but a little at a time. It’s been a real treat to knit this so far, and I expect that will continue.

12. Carol Hall says:

Lucy looks like she has a question that you have not answered yet.
    Thanks for the KAL
    Carol

13. I’m so excited to see the next section. This is my first mystery KAL, and I love it!
    Christina Bieloh´s last blog post ..InQuisitive Boy and the things he says

14. I am about to cast on. Late as usual. Do you think I could add an extra couple of repeats on both sides and still have enough if I use Wollmeise 100 % (572 yards)?

15. Thanks! I’m not quite ready to start this part yet–I’m working with black yarn and under the influence of pain meds, so I’m not moving along as fast as I normally would. I do love the way it’s coming out, and thank you for working in a color that photographs so well!
    …and by the way, I have pre-ordered the lace book. Looking forward to getting it!
    Simon and Hi-Hi send headbonks and purrs to Lucy!
    mehitabel´s last blog post ..Starting Early

16. LaVelle says:

I love the way the mystery shawl is looking. I need to finish up a shawl I am working on before I start this one and I can’t wait to get on with it. The purple pi shawl is looking great too. I love the color I will consider doing that one in the future.

17. I love the Doctor Who quote! :) *Giggle*

18. Susan D. Smith says:

I’m heading to Scottsdale AZ on business for 4 days and plan to take the yarn and instructions with me to start the shawlette. A good project for apres-conference relaxation each day and perhaps on the plane, too! Thanks, Wendy!

19. Your Japanese Garden Shawl is very beautiful.

20. Thank you! This is a lot of fun…and pretty too!

21. Beautiful! Thank you again!

22. GeniaKnitz says:

Wendy, you say “And for the people who are adding extra stitches to make a larger shawl, for each set of 48 stitches that you have added, you will work 2 extra pattern repeats in the chart on each side of the center stitch.”
    Is that two extra pattern repeats, ONE on each side of the center stitch, or
    TWO on each side, for a total of four?
    Thanks

23. Hi Wendy,

I am loving the mystery shawlette. Thanks for all your hard work!

24. BarbaraR says:

I’m loving it. Part 2 came out on my birthday (yesterday). I started it on the deck last night and just finished it with my morning coffee. I’m looking forward to the next installment. Thanks so much, Wendy; this is great fun!

25. Susan from Baltimore says:

Thanks for making this pattern available. I have long admired your designs and knitting – in fact, you were one of the first knitting blogs I read when I began knitting! I have never participated in a KAL, but I am loving the structure and schedule. I may seek out more KAL’s and increase my number of finished projects!! Many thanks!!

26. Mary Lou says:

O.K. may I have some more please? I can hardly wait for the next installment. This is so much fun. Thank you, Miss Wendy!

27. GeniaKnitz says:

I agree with Wendy in Cambridge: PDF makes it SO much easier to print.
    Haven’t started knitting yet, because of need to finish endless baby blanket – on which I’ve been plodding along so mindlessly that I managed to knit it 7 inches too long. Now tinking back 7 inches of feather and fan. Stoopid me.
    Starting my shawl will be my reward for finishing the blanket – wish I could catch a good case of finish-it-up-itis!

28. Where do you buy those stitch markers??
    I’ve never seen that color before.

29. Great project so far. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I can’t wait until the third installment!

30. OK.
    I’m serious now.
    It IS Thursday, tomorrow.
    Right?
    Wendy?
    Are you there?
    Wendy?
    Wendy?

31. FurrywithRuffles says:

Wendy,
    I think your Lucy and my Lucy have the same ‘I’m sooo not amused!’ look. They must practice together. Just finished one Mystery Shawl and haven’t started this one yet. Must get a move on or it will be over before it’s begun!
    H

32. Just got to chart B so am running behind. Am also involved in a KAL for the Omelette Shawl. That is taking more time than the mystery one.
    I am making my mystery shawl our of my own hand spun. It is a blend of silk and merino. I love it.
    Thanks for the KAL, Wendy.
    Judy´s last blog post ..The Retreat