1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

Mission Accomplished

The Great Condo Clear-Out of 2011 went very well. I accomplished far more than I anticipated being able to do and am, I estimate, 90% done. Just a bit more left to do, and I can probably get it done over the next couple of weekends.

Look: a writing desk with no junk on it!

Desk053111 193x240 Mission Accomplished

I have the yarn earmarked for charity ready to go (thank you for commenting/emailing/messaging me with your suggestions of where to send it — I already have a destination for it) and the yarn I plan to sell is separated out from the rest of the stash. I’m not sure when I’ll get around to listing it for sale. I’m a little sick of looking at it right now. icon wink Mission Accomplished

I had a little time for a bit of knitting yesterday and have made some more progress on my Estonian Pi. Though you can’t tell much from this photo:

WIP053111 240x160 Mission Accomplished

I’ve got 10 rounds or so before I start the last pattern — the edging pattern, and that is 16 rounds plus a bind-off. Given that each round is 576 stitches, I still have a way to go.

And on Thursday, June 2, the final clue for the Summer Mystery Shawlette will be released here. 4:30 pm-ish.

Lucy sez:

Lucy053111 160x240 Mission Accomplished

“This little chair looks so much better with me on it!”

Comments

1. Congratulations on accomplishing so much “neatness”. Would you like to come visit me and help clear out some of my excess “stuff”? :)
    Nan´s last blog post ..Cabled Baby Sweater

2. Of course the chair looks better with Lucy — what doesn’t? :-)
    Ariadne´s last blog post ..Fruits and Nuts

3. anne marie in philly says:

steven and meredith say: “meow, cousin lucy, you are absolutely correct! now tell your momma to keep it just that way for you!”

4. Sharen Warren says:

Amazing….I should “feng some shui” too. I have lived in my house since I was married forty years ago. Deep, very deep.

5. Hooray! Congrats on the clean out. I have a 4 day weekend coming up in a couple of weeks and I’m hoping for some cleaning out too!

6. catspaw says:

Lucy is quite right. Good job Wendy – it looks like a lovely place to be.

7. Wow! I have the very same desk, and I can’t remember the last time I saw it with nothing on it. I got it as a gift from my parents DECADES ago. Man, I am getting old.

8. Hooray on the cleanout! and what a beautiful purple jellyfish!

9. Wow! Congratulations. I got side-tracked and got way too little accomplished. Oh Lucy…everything looks better with you sitting on it.

10. Congratulation for your accomplished mission.Lucy is so lovely.Your room is now very clean and clear
    Haley´s last blog post ..Handling Stress in an Easy Way

11. patricia says:

Hooray for you! You did it!

More room for Lucy and her toys…Hope your back is doing ok.

12. Hi again,

I am doing some cleaning myself this week and am wondering how you store and organize your stash? 1) Do you keep them in Ziplock bags? I’ve been thinking of doing that, bought some big ones, but don’t know if it’s OK for the wool, and 2) Do you organize by weight? By color? By manufacturer? By whim? Thanks!

13. Barbara Fredrick says:

I’ll bet that Lucy is a little nervous about this whole moving thing. She looks as cute as ever, but a little nervous sitting on the stool.
    – Princess’s friend Barbara

14. i can’t wait to see that pi shawl…..and i really can’t wait for the final installment of the summer mystery shawl. i’m enjoying it so much!

15. Had a thought regarding your yarn for sale. Would you be willing to pick out some pastel yarn for one of the patterns in your new book and tell me how much you want for it? I will send a paypal and get a surprise package to go with my book when it comes. I trust your judgement as I have been following your blog for years and have all your books.

16. Wendy.
    You have now motivated me to do some destashing and cleaning in my yarn room. I hate the thoughts of it, but I need the stress of that room to go. Less is best so wish me luck and keep on setting the good example !!!

17. madonnaearth says:

I cannot believe people donated more than $6,000 buying that shawl for Japan! What an unbelievable awesome total! I love it!

Re destash: I hear you on being sick of looking at the yarn, but I bet it will go very quickly once you post it for sale. Congratulations on getting everything sorted!

18. Liz in Missouri says:

Sounds like you are making GREAT progess with the de-cluttering! Doesn’t it feel wonderful – like you have room to breath again? I jusy moved 2 months ago from a largish house to a smallish duplex and have been doing the same thing. Every box that got unpacked also got sorted. Yard sale will be in a couple fo weeks. What a relief to feel “light”. Congrat’s to you!!!! By the way – I’m loving the mystery shawl. For a minute, on parts one and two, I thought we were doing the Autumn Dream Scarf (one of my favorites – I’ve made it 3 times) but I’m loving how this one is just drawing together.

19. Wendy; Good for you girl!!! wonderful progress ;-). I only wish that I could get as much done in a week as you have done in a weekend. Since my children moved in, have been trying to condense my stash (used to be in 3 extra rooms) that is now bundled in my Quilting Studio and can’t seem to get a hold on it…… Am loving this Shawlette and can’t wait to get the last installment so I can do it in other yarns/colors ;-)….. Really appreciate your sharing it with us,
    best of luck with the rest of your organizing and take care not to overdo and hurt yourself again.

20. Tiffany says:

I feel your pain on the shawl… the shawl I’m working on currently has 1032 stitches per round. By the time it’s done it should be close to 1400. I’m so tired of it! Wish I had the drive that you do, although I am working hard to stick with it and not start something else (as much as I want to do the KAL…)

And yes, the chair looks real nice with Lucy on it. ;)

21. Lucy looks super adorable sitting on the chair like that!