I finished my shawl late Saturday afternoon, so today blocked it.
First I laid it out to take a pre-blocking photo. Lucy helped.
She helped a lot.
Pre-blocked, the shawl measures 54″ along the top edge and 26″ down the center back.
I grabbed my trusty bottle of Soak.
And I let the shawl sit in a bath of warm water and Soak for 15 minutes or so.
Because the Aade Lõng yarn is not terribly soft (it’s like Shetland wool), I added a good slug of hair conditioner to the rinse water. After gently squeezing out as much water as possible, I put it down on the floor to start blocking. Lucy helped.
In spite of Lucy’s help, I got the shawl pinned out.
I even managed to get a photo when Her Highness consented to move out of the way.
Lightly blocked, this measures 62″ along the top edge and 33″ down the center back. I used approximately 600 yards of Aade Lõng Artistic 8/2 wool, and knit it on 4mm needles. Free pattern coming soon!
I am now working on an un-bloggable project, but will start my Camp Loopy proect on Wednesday, using this yarn:
“I don’t know how Momma would manage without my help!”