1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

Full Weekend

It’s been a full weekend, but all my guests are now on their way home, and I’m having my regular Sunday afternoon — doing laundry. Quite a difference from what I was doing yesterday at this time.

fibrespace082811 240x180 Full Weekend

That’s the display at fibre space set up for my book party yesterday. The party was great — so many people braved the wind and rain to come and I so very much appreciate that.

After the party we made the executive decision to cancel our restaurant reservations and order pizza. So it was pizza and champagne at home!

Champagne082811 240x180 Full Weekend

Starting a new job tomorrow so blog posts this week will likely be brief.

Lucy sez:

Lucy082811 240x180 Full Weekend

“I miss Stacy, Muriel, and L-B! Why did they have to leave?”

Comments

1. Nancy Jo Clark says:

Congrats on the new book, Wendy! I’m afraid I did’t brave the weather yesterday to make it to the book party, but i’ll get a copy of it very soon.

2. I am very excited that my book will arrive tomorrow, along with toe up socks in a box, and EZ’s knitters almanac. Book heaven!!! I am glad you all had a fun and safe weekend :)

3. Now those are some champagne flutes!

4. Wish I could have braved the weather to attend the party, but the drive from Kansas was a bit too far. Hope you have a good week and settle quickly into your new job.

5. Browsed your lovely new book on Friday night. Not in the budget *this* payday, but soon, very soon.
    Lynn´s last blog post ..What? I can’t hear you!!!

6. CatBookMom says:

My copy arrived last week from Amazon, and of course there are several new projects in my Ravelry Queue. Well done, once again.

I’m glad you and Lucy and friends come for the party all are safe in spite of the storm. Sending hopes for a good start to the new job and tummy rubs for Miss Lucy the Gorgeous.

7. Maria Neill says:

Congrats on your book launch! And best of luck in your new job….what will you be doing?
    Maria

8. UPS guy copy showed up yesterday before the storm really hit, my monthly box from amazon, coffee and books. So I spent today and ooohing and aaahing and looked for the appropriate stash for my favs! Thanks for the fantastic projects Wendy!!
    Rae Gommel´s last blog post ..I dont have a problem… I can stop whenever I want…..

9. Special38Knits says:

I am hoping to get a copy of the book – maybe a birthday present.
    I have both of your Toe-up books and have got stuck trying to sort out sizing for a sock to fit my grandson – just 4 months old and as I don’t see him it’s difficult to try socks on to see if they fit.
    Any ideas?
    By the way, your toe-up sock patterns are keeping me sane, I’m glad to say.
    Anne

10. I look at that picture of all those pretty lace items and just drool, I haven`t gotten or ordered my copy yet. Just can`t afford it this month or next month either. Maybe in October I can get myself one

11. Glad it went well! Have a good week with your new job!
    Jennifer´s last blog post ..When the weather starts to turn

12. I am so glad that the wind and rain was less than expected and you had such a wonderful book launch party. Pizza and champagne at home sounds much more relaxing than going to a restaurant anyway. The set up in the shop looks amazing. I did get a chance to peruse the book yesterday and the projects look wonderful.
    Lynda´s last blog post ..WOW!!!

13. Gail Rector says:

My copy came yesterday and I spent the afternoon and evening deciding what I’m going to knit first with which yarn. It made my afternoon chores go by really fast.

14. Gail Rector says:

Best luck on your new job!

15. 1. Glad the party wasn’t seriously affected by Irene.

2. Good luck on the new job!

3. And we know Lucy is sorry the extra petting hands have left, and she now has to suffer with just you available to cater to her.

16. glad your signing went well! i agree with the pizza/champagne! Good luck with the new job!
    turtle´s last blog post ..I know I know

17. No hurricane can keep good knitters away!…..looking forward to getting a copy…….glad it went well……….more about the new job: just started one & hope yours is as nice to go to every day……….will you hours / commute change??………..glad Lucy enjoyed her company and stayed dry………

18. Happy first day at the new job tomorrow! :) Scritches to Lucy, too.

19. So sorry I missed the party, I so wanted to be their. But due to Hurricane Irene I needed to stay put and get the house ready. Hopefully I will be able to get my book signed one day?

20. Good luck with the new job. That’s always exciting and full of anxiety, too. And glad you enjoyed your company. Lucy misses all the extra hands for petting and laps to curl up in, I’m sure.
    Beth´s last blog post ..Finally Finished A Sweater

21. I am loving your new book! So full of gorgeous projects I can’t wait to get started on!

22. Looks like an awesome party and a great way to celebrate the end of your mini-vacation. Good luck on the new job this week!
    MicheleinMaine´s last blog post ..Mardi Gras Floral Project Bag

23. Liz in Missouri says:

My Book finally arrived on Firday and I LOVELOVELOVE it. My daughter has requested a hat for Christmas and your book has provided the PERFECT pattern for her: The Mairi Tam.
    I am SUCH a fan. Your patterns are easy to read – easy to understand and just lots of fun to knit.
    Hope the storm had no ill effects and that your new job goes well.

24. I’m glad that you had so many attendees. It sounds like it was a great time.
    Seanna Lea´s last blog post ..sometimes aesthetics win out

25. Let me add congratulations to you on the book and the new job! I got my copy last week and I think the projects are fabulous and I love the large format and great charts and photos! Wait-that is the whole thing and I love it! BTW pizza and champagne are one of my favorite combos.

26. Love the display! Glad the book signing was a success. I love my copy and look forward to new knitting projects. Hope to begin one of them soon. Haven’t decided which one yet, so many choices, so little time. Best wishes on the new job.

27. Received my copy of WKL on Saturday. yay!! Love it and can’t wait to put a project on my needles. Thanks for a well written book with variety.

28. Wendy, good luck with your new job!

29. Wendy – I looked through your book while at the bookstore yesterday, and love it! It’s definitely one of the better knitting books out there (and I’m someone who buys a lot of knitting books). I can’t wait to get it!

30. Wendy,

Congratulations and best of luck on the new job!

Rosane.