1. Strandwanderer, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Wollmeise Merino "Pure" in the "Zenzi" colorway on a 3.25 mm (U.S. size 3) needle.

Slow

It has been a slow week, knitting-wise. I have been inching along on the back of my current sweater.

Well, inching is over-stating things a bit. Last night I knit two rows. But that’s better than nothing. So here it is in its current state:

WIP092911 240x160 Slow

And because I don’t have much else to say right now, here is a gratuitous close-up:

WIPCloseup092911 240x160 Slow

Lucy sez:

Lucy092911 240x160 Slow

“Momma always makes time for me!”

Comments

1. Shirley. in PA says:

Your sweater is just beautiful, I love the way the lace looks in that color.

2. I was quite taken with the cleverly named “Lace Tunic”, but so far I like this one better. I would be hard-pressed to say which color I like, but this one is a departure from my ubiquitous green, purple or red, so I’m anxious for you to find more knitting time for it and post the pattern for purchase.

3. And this just springs from your head? Egads!

If Lucy is like mine, she DEMANDS attention if she thinks you’re not paying her enough.

4. Oh my but those piggies are adorable! Would love to make those for my (grown) daughter wo loves pigs!

5. handmadebysue says:

The current lace sweater may be inching along slowly – but VERY beautifully. I like it!

6. The pig is precious and I love the sock scarf. I would love to have a knitting book by a designed with a sense of humor. Your sweater is progressing beautifully even if it is taking longer than you wish.

7. This sweater/tunic would be a lovely scarf/wrap. Two is better than one or none!!

8. Midnite Baker says:

Looks Lovely. Hope you will do a show and tell when it is finished. M

9. Thank you for the Lucy photos – such a beautiful cat! And that lace is lovely.

10. It is simply gorgeous!!!!!! Keep the updates coming.

11. Hey, two rows is better than none at all. Progress so far is beautiful…and that color! Yum!
    Brenda´s last blog post ..Lend Me A Tenor

12. The closeup is great- love the color and design. My kitties appreciate the Lucy picture. They understand the feelings she is showing.

13. It’s beautiful, and we’ll take a gratuitous close-up anytime! Love to Lucy from my five kitties and me, Bess

14. I want to make this one, but I’m trying to decide if it is because I like the lace or if it is because it is black. Sometimes I let color sway me far more than it ought.
    Seanna Lea´s last blog post ..finding a masculine side

15. Of COURSE Mama always makes time for Lucy; who could resist her?

16. Michelle Bingnear says:

I could always use another book! Thanks for the opportunity.

17. Slow but worth it! The pattern is looking very elegant.

18. Lucy is even pretty with her eyes closed!
    MicheleinMaine´s last blog post ..Ghastlies in Green Sweater Bag PRE-ORDER

19. Well, it may be going slow, but if I were you I would focus on the fact that it’s going BEAUTIFULLY! Seriously. You’re one of the people I want to be when I grow up. :)

20. The sweater’s motif mirrors the blaze on top of Lucy’s pretty head!
    Kris´s last blog post ..A Few Finishes!

21. Lucy is just gorgeous love the gratuitous kitty pics.
    Brandi´s last blog post ..Around the Common Ground Fair Part 2

22. Jane (aka Scarlettcrafty) says:

“Kris” is so right! and Lucy is such a perfect model! YEA Lucy! I am taking my new Wendy lace book to be spiral bound tomorrow. I think I have a yarn that will be lucious- now I just have to pick a pattern! Knit on everyone!

23. Two rows are part of an inch. Today I wore my Pi shawl to a course and the speaker will be buying your new book!
    LoriAngela´s last blog post ..Burnt Pies

24. Karen Brelsford says:

Love your patterns! Thanks for sharing!

25. Gerry Rogers says:

Love the cat pic! Lucy is adorbs.

26. Christine Berl says:

I am very intrigued by the variations on the original version of Judy’s cast on. Can’t wait to see

Christine

27. I laughed out load when I saw the “sock scarf”–love it and the book would be fun to have!! Oh, and hello to Lucy!

28. Elizabeth says:

Are you going to be publishing the pattern for your tunic sweater?