1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Filey Progress

I’ve made some good progress on Filey over the past few days. I’ve completed the front, joined the front and back at the shoulders using a three-needle bind-off, and knit the neckband.

WIP112211 240x160 Filey Progress

The pattern has you knit the neckband for 6″ but I did not want a turtleneck so stopped at around 2.5″

I’ve done some work on the first sleeve as well.

Sleeve112211 240x160 Filey Progress

It looks like it is close to completed, but the sleeves are knit to almost 23″ to compensate for the shrinkage that will occur when the sweater is washed in hot water and dried in the dryer.

Tomorrow is my big Thanksgiving prep day, but you never know — I may get my sleeve finished too.

Lucy is exhausted just thinking about it.

Lucy112211 240x160 Filey Progress

Comments

1. That is a ton of sleeve. Tomorrow I don’t have rehearsal, so I am doing most of my food prep that evening (and will sleep the sleep of the productive and exhausted). I don’t think I’ll get any knitting time, but you never know!
    Seanna Lea´s last blog post ..[10 Tuesday] are you thankful

2. Love the look of that sweater. I really don’t need another sweater project. I’ve got three waiting to be cast-on and one almost finished, but the more I see your’s the more I think about it.

3. I love the look of your knitting. It looks so perfect! Thank you for writing your wonderful books. I have started knitting lace and bought your Wendy Knits Lace book. I am working on the lace cowl right now. My daughter loves how it looks. I’m almost done. I am hooked on lace! Thanks for such a great book.

4. Paulette Schirmer says:

tlove the sweater, think this would be a great next project. Is the pattern available?

5. Paulette Schirmer says:

Found the patterm information (first line), pictures distracted me. Off to get a book. Thanks!

6. handmadebysue says:

Filey is gorgeous. Will you have the pattern available? Although I like turtle necks, for this project I much prefer the neckline you did.

7. I like the clarification on your copyright! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Wendy! Enjoy that tryptophan and then snooze…and after the sleeve is finished.

8. Midnite Baker says:

Gorgeous Sweater!! Will be interesting to see how much shrinkage in the length you have.
    Do have a question. How do you knit with a cat in your lap? I’ve tried and I disturb Her Highness Miss Sparky. She paws at my hand to pet her. And she gets miffed if I put her down so I can knit. Anyway… Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! And, yes, I bake at midnight!

9. I love how your sweater is coming. After tearing 3 completed sweater apart(They were charged with being too short and ill-fitting.) , In my defense I have created one sweater that fits proper and I love to wear. Anyway , I haven’t started a new sweater yet. Maybe after the rabbits quite molting and I’m not spending 3 hours in the barn a day.
    Brandi´s last blog post ..The Secret of Polworth, Polwarth wool?

10. Lovely! I really like the color you are using. Bet Lucy will be up and waiting for some turkey!

11. Love how the Filey is coming along. have a great Turkey Day. I will be up to my elbows in chopping veggies and dressing the turkeys.

12. Kathryn Egan says:

I LOVE this sweater!!!!!

13. Liz in Missouri says:

Really beautiful sweater. ve the interesting stitch pattern at the top of the sleeve. Hope you will model it for us when it is completed!

14. I am so taken with this sweater I’ve ordered the book. Is it possible to do it in the round a la a Gansey?
    No way I’m going anywhere near a store today!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
    Hugs to Lucy!
    Bridget

15. Bob Briggs says:

My Mum owned a woolshop in Filey and Knit me two ganseys in the family Pattern. Yours is a heroic effort, her first one took 3 months and she was a very skilled knitter. They are the most incredible knitwear as they are so comfortable (presumably because of the circular needles used) and are like a very warm second skin. Just the job at sea on a cold winters day. Great job you’re doing keeping up this coastal skill.