1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

A Little R and R

Here is my completed Ruffles and Ridges.

RandR032912 160x240 A Little R and R

I knit this from Kauni Effektgarn 8/2 (purchased from The Loopy Ewe).

RandRA032912 240x217 A Little R and R

I lightly steam-blocked it and it measures 68 inches long, and 11.5 inches wide. I used approximately 600 yards and a US3 needle.

RandRLong032912 240x100 A Little R and R

Cat included for scale.

Here is Sharon’s completed Ruffles and Ridges:

RandRSharon032912 240x62 A Little R and R

Sharon knit hers from Lola Doodles Posh Sock (purchased from The Loopy Ewe). Her scarf is 58 inches long and 7.5 inches wide, unblocked. She used approximately 400 yards and a US5 needle.

I’m working on completing the pattern, which will have mods for creating a triangular shawlette, tips for using your entire skein of yarn by knitting by the weight of the skein, tips for blocking, and a tutorial for short rows in garter stitch.

The pattern will not be available until next week because I’ve made arrangements to do a photo-shoot for the pattern mid-week, so you’ll get photos of it being worn by a cute model instead of Gwendolyn.

No offense, Gwendolyn.

Laid-Back Knitters Take Note

The winner of a copy of 10 Secrets of the LaidBack Knitters: A Guide to Holistic Knitting, Yarn, and Life by Vicki Stiefel and Lisa Souza is Donna, who has been emailed. Thanks to everyone who entered.

Don’t forget — you have until this Sunday at noon to enter to win a free copy of Noni Flowers: 40 Exquisite Knitted Flowers. Enter by leaving a comment telling me your favorite flower on this blog post.

Lucy is patiently waiting for her next blocking gig.

Lucy032912 240x160 A Little R and R

Comments

1. What will be the next public project?
    Molly by Golly´s last blog post ..Not eaten by cougars, a knitting picture explosion!

2. Lynne S. says:

Ruffles and Ridges is seriously beautiful. This one I would like to make.

3. R&R turned out very pretty! I like the size of yours, too. I tend to like my scarfy things a bit wider.
    midgeling´s last blog post ..Skate Party

4. Mary Pat says:

R&R will be a great addition to my Wendy library.

All time favorite flower is the pansy with their sweet little faces.

5. That is really handsome! But aren’t you due for a different yarn soon?

6. Beautiful R&R. Lucy is beautiful too.

7. Would love the Noni Flowers Book!

8. Love the R&R!

9. Mary Beth says:

It’s so pretty!

10. Midnite Baker says:

Very Lovely! So glad Lucy approves too! Love the color.

11. Gladiolas are pretty cool!

12. Beautiful!

13. wow both versions are gorgeous. It comes across as the perfect pattern for a tonal or multicolored yarn. You could show off the yarn but not compete with the pattern. I may have to spin something special for this.
    Brandi´s last blog post ..Around The Farm 3-30-12

14. China Doll 003 says:

My favorite flower is the first one up after Winter.
    For knitted flowers, it’s a rose.

Your R & R is lovely, being able to ‘customize’ the pattern for a specific amount of yarn is a real bonus!

thanks, Wendy.

15. Love all the flowers but would really like to learn how to do a pansy.

16. All of it are beautiful.you have a brilliant talent.Thanks for sharing.
    Brien27´s last blog post ..In the 2010 Circle of Wonders HD

17. Lucy is a blocker assistant extraoridinaire. I do hope she is properly rewarded for her work.

18. I love the R and R, Wendy, it looks very “snuggly”. Looking forward to getting the pattern.

19. My favorite flower is the rose, since that is my dear sister’s name! Would love the book.
    I also like that scarf pattern and am looking forward to seeing the photos next week.

20. Oh maybe stepping out of the box with knitted up flowers. R&R is really beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

21. That looks so warm!

22. I can’t wait to witness some more of what you got, you and RR is lovely one’s…
    Lacey12´s last blog post ..Get Money that you need Now with Fast Cash Loans

23. I ordered my Kauni from Loopy Ewe. I’m eager to get the pattern! Thanks for design.

24. Kudos to Donna on winning 10 Secrets of Laid Back Knitters! I hope you have fun testing those secrets. :)

Wendy, I really like R&R, especially the size and colors in your version, although Sharon’s version is very nice, as well. Enjoy the photo shoot!
    Linda´s last blog post ..Thursday Thoughts – A Clever Hat

25. Janet B from Cape Cod says:

Favorite flower is lace capped hydrangea.
    R&R looks interesting.

26. slimsdotter says:

Knitting flowers looks like fun. My favorite flower is columbine.

27. DivinneGrace says:

Thanks for sharing your creations here with us…You give me inspiration to try my own too…
    DivinneGrace´s last blog post ..wheelchair cars

28. This is really a creative spot, I love linked my self in every creation… Hope you can share some more….
    Leslie42´s last blog post ..Comment Avoir Des Lents Blanches Naturellement

29. KnitNut says:

After finding your blog and seeing the book of flowers (my favorite..gardenia), I picked up my knitting after a months’ hiatus. Thanks for ideas, suggestions and pics of Lucy…all motivational.

30. wow I really like this one! good length…and not too wide. Perfect!
    Dianne´s last blog post ..I’d like to thank the academy

31. What a very fun scarf!! Just maybe I might win something someday.