1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

Finally

I have finally finished the pattern for my Ruffles and Ridges Wrap and it is now available for sale in my Ravelry store.

We did the photo-shoot yesterday. Doesn’t my model, Jennifer, look gorgeous? (I’d hate her, but she is too nice for me to be able to do so.)

RandR040412 160x240 Finally

There was a slight breeze so we got a couple of photos that nicely show off the ruffles:

RandR040412b 117x240 Finally

These were taken on the roof of the building where I work. I like the background!

RandR040412a 240x160 Finally

The pattern includes:

• Modifications for knitting this design by weight of your skein so you can use the entire skein of yarn.
  • Modifications for making this design a triangular shawlette that comes to a point at the center rather than a long wrap with a gently curved bottom edge.
  • Information for making this pattern in different yarn weights.
  • Blocking Tips for information on blocking your garter stitch wrap.
  • Short Row Ruffle Photo Tutorial for information on how to execute the wrap and turn technique to create the ruffles.

The whole pattern is 10 pages long, but if you want to print only the pattern, you only need to print 3 pages — 2 if you don’t need the page with materials, abbreviations, etc.

Current Work in Progress

I’m still working along on my current ruffled scarf:

WIP040512 240x144 Finally

I’ve still got a way to go on this — not a whole lot of knitting time this week.

No, I will not call the pattern Lasagne Noodle Scarf. Nor will I call it Sea Slug Scarf.

And here, for no particular reason, is Lucy in a tray.

Lucy040512 240x160 Finally

Comments

1. Ha, it DOES look like a lasagna noodle!

(I realize that you get to work hours before I even drag myself out of bed, but every day when you post and I’m still at work, I get terribly jealous!)

2. catspaw says:

I’m glad you’re not calling it sea slug. There was a similar one in Spin-Off a few issues back and it was called the Nudibrach scarf; i.e.; sea slug!

3. Lynne S. says:

R&R really is beautiful. (Jennifer, too.) BTW, you spelled it wrong – should be Lucy-in-a-tray. (Little goof. Lucy, that is! My cats do things like that, too.) And she is beautiful, also. Three for three on Thursday!

4. Mary Beth says:

Love!

The background is great too.

5. Shirley says:

Lucy’s in a tray because she can be! :)

6. Lucy is in a tray for the same reason that my kitty sits in a basket with the newspapers to be discarded and rips them up. I didn’t say I knew what the reason was. It exists in their heads and is beyond our ken.

7. It is pretty hard to beat a view like that.
    Molly by golly´s last blog post ..Department of Stashquisitions

8. Already bought it on Rav! Love it :-D

9. Esther49 says:

Lucy is so funny in her tray! I just bought the lasagna pattern and will get started right away.

10. Beautiful wrap! And that background brings back memories, I miss DC!

11. That is a GREAT background! And I love Lucy in a tray – it’s nice to see Lucy being silly every once in a while!
    janna´s last blog post ..Happy and Sad

12. Natalie Doyle-Hennin says:

Gorgeous, Wendy. Am in a ruffling mood…

13. Ruffles and Ridges is lovely. Wishing you lots of sales!
    Linda´s last blog post ..Thursday Thoughts – Knitting Short Rows

14. Love the colors you chose

15. Breathtaking, Wendy!
    PearlsToronto´s last blog post ..Country Mouse, City Mouse

16. I love the ruffled scarf very cool. My Fluffy takes over anything new that comes in the house and sits on/in it no matter what it is.
    Brandi´s last blog post ..Oh The Fiber – Jacob Wool

17. I think that it’s a rule if your name is Jennifer you have to be cute.
    garret´s last blog post ..Promised Pictures

18. The background for your photo shoot is perfect. I love the coloring on your rainbow scarf.
    Cleo´s last blog post ..Crawling out From Under my Rock…

19. Your Ruffles and Ridges Wrap turned out lovely! I really like the color you used. I reeaaly love your ruffled scarf, the colors are so pretty!

20. Love R&R Wrap. It is such fun to knit. I’m using two similar but contrasting sock yarns and just love, love, love the way it is turning out. Every few repeats I stop and look at how the color wedges are working out. This is the most fun pattern I’ve knitted in a long time.