1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

Second Verse Same as the First

The shawl so nice I knit it twice.

Shawl041912 240x218 Second Verse Same as the First

This is the same pattern as the green shawlette I showed in my last blog entry. That one was knit with approximately 400 yards fingering weight yarn (Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in the “jade” colorway) on a U.S. size 3 needle. This one is knit with approximately 350 yards of sport weight yarn (Madelinetosh Pashmina in the “Bark” colorway) on a U.S. size 5 needle.

Back041912 240x160 Second Verse Same as the First

The construction (short rows in the center section, etc.) and lace pattern are the same, but the number of stitches and rows worked differ because of the difference in the weight of the yarn. The finished size of the sport weight shawlette, however, is the same as the fingering weight version.

Closeup041912 240x160 Second Verse Same as the First

I’ll have the pattern ready for sale in a couple of days. It’ll have complete instructions for working both versions, as well as instructions for knitting by number of repeats, as well as knitting by the weight of your skein of yarn. So if you have a larger skein, you can knit a larger wrap. Smaller skein, smaller wrap.

I’ve named the design “Sheldon and Leonard.” Sheldon is the fingering weight version, Leonard is the sport weight version.

Lucy sez:

Lucy041912 240x160 Second Verse Same as the First

“I think I like Leonard.”

Comments

1. but Sheldon’s the cat lover, Lucy ;)
    (i mean, Dr. Sheldon Cooper)
    Kristen´s last blog post ..Tuesdays with, er, no one

2. I love the name!
    sprite´s last blog post ..superhero, double duty, and evening out (and cute shoes)

3. Roseanne Nichols says:

Great name! I love the sideways concept, the touch of lace, this will be in my queue.

4. great names, lol, love that show!

5. …and *just* because you’re naming it Sheldon and Leonard, I shall have to buy and knit it immediately, probably while watching The Big Bang Theory. :-)

6. Sharon Rawls says:

Though I have sworn off adding patterns to my “Stash” til some are actually knitted – this one is gonna be a MUST HAVE! Obviously, I have problems even keep my promises made only to myself!!!!! What’s a girl to do?

7. anne marie in philly says:

if my memory serves me correctly, sheldon leonard was a tv director in the late 50s – early 60s. :-)

8. Just finished watching the first 4 seasons on DVD. Love those guys. And I love the shawl.

9. I love the Big Bang theory. I might have to buy the shawl for that reason alone.

10. I’m ready to knit this lovely. Have both weights just chomping at the bit.
    My finger is poised over the “Buy” button.
    Gerry´s last blog post ..Knitting Update

11. paula henderson says:

Great names, lovely shawls. I can hardly wait for the patterns.

12. Midnite Baker says:

Love how Lucy has to initiate all your knitting projects. Like the shawls. M

13. Definitely will be buying this pattern! I love your design and the possibilities of using different weights of yarn. And I think I like Leonard best. Funniest show ever!

14. Rae Gommel says:

Hhhmmm I’ll have to buy this pattern. Mostly because im a Geek.. And as a plus the LYS. Is just starting to carry that Madelinetosh yarn….. And MSW in 2 weeks.

15. Lucy knows what colors are flattering to her! Lovely shawl!

16. Very nice! One of my fav colors!

17. Susan Shelly says:

I really like the style of this shawlette! Will be watching for the pattern. And Lucy looks so pretty on the Leonard;O))

18. Love that show! Can’t wait to buy! I like Sheldon…

19. Oh my! How clever you are with naming your shawls. Not only do I enjoy a pretty shawl knit on the side but to be named after two of my favorite characters… I shall be patiently (barely) waiting for the pattern to be posted for sale.

20. Bazinga! Beautiful …. I can’t wait to cast it on!

21. My sister would love to have that pattern. I’ll tell her about this; knowing how she is addicted to knitting, she will approve.
    Raolo´s last blog post ..v2 electronic cigarettes

22. I think Sheldon and Leonard are very nice ( you Big Bang Theory Fan).
    Brandi´s last blog post ..Oh The Fiber – Cormo Wool

23. I love this shawl – and Lucy!! My cat and I are both waiting impatiently for the pattern:) And I have a skein of Pashmina now earmarked for this project.
    Karen´s last blog post ..Boyd Cosmetic Surgical Institute

24. Very pretty and I love the color, especially with the pink sweater (also gorgeous!)

25. Great looking shawl :D I swore I’d knit 12 shawls in 2012 and haven’t managed one yet, so now it’s 12 shawls in, well, however long it takes me! Definitely think I’ll add this one :D
    Annie @ knitsofacto´s last blog post ..Blogger’s block?

26. Very pretty – can’t wait to see what designs you come up with for Penny, Howard and Raj…
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Spring and Summer knitting

27. I’m Sheldon-and-Leonard-the-shawlette I am, Sheldon-and-Leonard-the-shawlette I am, I am,
    I was knit by the lady next door, She’s knit a hundredbajillionty shawls before . . .

28. I guess I’ll wait for the sequel shawl – the Wolowitz.

29. Love the shawlettes, and the names are even better! Woot! TBBT FTW!

30. Love the shawlettes. The names are so much fun!

31. Robin F. says:

Big Bang Fanatic are we? Yup! Soft kitty

32. Very nice…so which was fingering and which worsted? Hard to tell.

33. Love me some Big Bang Theory…but isn’t Sheldon more of a weaver? (if you remember that episode)

34. Best project name ever. Love the shawls, too.
    Dianne´s last blog post ..Saying Goodbye

35. Lovely. I have added it to my to do list.
    Jackie´s last blog post ..New Knitting Patterns