1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

TARDIS Blue

I did finally finish the Time Vortex Lace section of my Bigger on the inside shawl, and on Friday night I picked up the 311 stitches required along the bottom curved edge to work the TARDIS section.

I looked at the project notes for this design on Ravelry, and found that another knitter described picking up the stitches by dividing the edge into 8 equal sections, and then picking up 38, 39, 39, 39, 1 stitch in the middle, 39, 39, 39, 38. This seemed as good a plan as any, so while half watching Ghostbusters II on television Friday night, that’s how I picked up my stitches.

Here’s the current state of the shawl after a Saturday’s-worth of knitting:

WIP051312 240x160 TARDIS Blue

I have completed Row 28 of the TARDIS chart and this is how much yarn I have left of my first skein of Madelinetosh Tosh Sock:

Yrn051312 240x160 TARDIS Blue

That looks like it’ll last for one more row. So I’ll definitely make a big dent in a second skein.

Wendy & Lucy

Just for fun, I’ve started a cartoon series called “Wendy & Lucy.”

Cartoon051312 240x177 TARDIS Blue

No, I have no plans to quit my day job. icon wink TARDIS Blue

Lucy sez:

Lucy051312 240x160 TARDIS Blue

“That doesn’t look anything like me. But it looks just like you, Momma!”

Comments

1. Your work is so beautiful and your cartoon is so cute. Love them both.

2. Wendy in Cambridge says:

Love the cartoon! Happy Mother’s Day, Wendy.

3. It’s looking good, though I would never be able to do the counting while watching TV. Happy Mother’s Day
    Sandy´s last blog post ..Mothers Day

4. Great cartoon! Lucy is adorable (as always!)

5. Love that you have the TARDIS!!! It is lovely! As always Lucy is a doll! My mother recently lost her fuzzy baby that looks identical to Lucy.

6. Awesome cartoon! Thanks for the smile.

7. julia c. says:

That cartoon is too cute. You are so talented. By the way love the proportion of your nose in the cartoon.

8. Love the cartoon and I can relate to my cats “helping”.

9. Love the cartoon! Hope to see more. Lucy is such a sweet girl. :-)

10. fleegle says:

Why do cats do that?

11. Susan Shelly says:

Wow! You are such a talented cartoonist too – great job!

12. Love the cartoon. My cats are great helpers too. Happy Mothers Day! from myself and my helpers Bufffy and Crookshanks.

13. Grant Gauthier says:

I can’t wait until your shawl is done. I’ve been eyeing a shawl at our local store but I wanted something really handmade, so, I decided to want to make my very own.
    Grant Gauthier´s last blog post ..Buy Ed Hardy Perfume

14. Midnite Baker says:

Love the cartoon. And, of course, Lucy always helps. My Sparky always helps too. She just
    does her rub, a dub, rub all over my work. She wants to make sure I smell like her. As if, proclaiming “She’s mine. Leave her alone. ” Cats & dogs just have to leave their scent.

15. Frederic says:

It seems that we have a bored Lucy there.
    Frederic´s last blog post ..travel deals on the cheap

16. Barbara says:

I love the cartoon!! Please continue!!

17. Lovely Shawl, I am digging the cartoons keep them coming!
    brandi´s last blog post ..Oh The Fiber – Devon and Cornwall Longwool sheep

18. Very pretty, can’t wait to see it finished and I love the cartoon!

19. I like the cartoon. A lot. Please do more of them!
    Kristen´s last blog post ..Backdating posts

20. Looking good! I can’t wait to do my own Tardis shawl.
    Julia´s last blog post ..Stash

21. Lynne S. says:

Can’t wait to see more cartoons – terrific idea!

22. Kathy S says:

Can you let us know if it takes the whole of two skeins when you finish? I have some Tree Frog alpaca in the exact perfect shade of blue, but I only have 645 yards of it.

23. Crystal says:

Its such a great idea doing this kind of knitting…I love the color..
    Crystal´s last blog post ..Hot Tub Spares

24. Cute cartoon! Cats are the best!

25. tinafreysd says:

It such a good kind of yarn..Thanks for sharing..
    tinafreysd´s last blog post ..Homemade Facial Masks for Acne