Remember how I said I was going to block my second Bernadette shawlette on Sunday? Yeah, that did not happen. Instead, I wound up my cobalt blue yarn and started working on Bigger on the inside.
I’ve made some fair progress on the time vortex lace chart. I’m more than halfway done with the top section.
Here’s a close-up of the lace:
As I mentioned on Sunday, I’m using Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in the Cobalt colorway for this.
If you are going to knit this project be forewarned — the Time Vortex Lace Decrease chart is not correct. It is a stitch short throughout. (The version I’m working from says it was updated on May 1.) At the end of this section, the chart shows you having 9 stitches left and you really have 10 stitches left. It’s fairly easy to work around the error — just do your decreases one stitch in on the designated rows and don’t mind that the stitch count is off by one. The final decrease section in the pattern is correct as far as I can tell — on the first row of this section you decrease 1 stitch and it correctly states that you have 9 stitches after this row.
While I didn’t block my Wollmeise Bernadette on Sunday, I did do so yesterday evening. I left it to soak in warm water with woolwash, then rinsed and squeezed out as much water as I could. I then . . . um . . . threw it in the dryer on very low heat for 10 minutes to get more water out. Then I just carefully laid it out without stretching. My round dining room table worked nicely for this:
Lucy did not notice me doing this and missed the whole blocking process. I think she’s a little miffed.