1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

A Knit With a View

The view as I knit my Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl:

Lucy062112 240x160 A Knit With a View

It’s a good thing the a/c is working.

Have a good weekend!

Comments

1. Dorothy in Kentucky says:

yes shawl and Lucy would be quite warm. You have a great weekend too.

2. My cat always wants to sleep on me while I’m knitting too. Do you just knit the cat hair in or do you pick it all off? Just wondering what is “proper”!

3. We may invest in ac just for a the warmer days.
    brandi´s last blog post ..Oh The Fiber – Racka Wool, what is this stuff?

4. catspaw says:

Aw, sweet.

5. Susan Shelly says:

What a lovely view;O)) Glad Lucy isn’t too stressed out about the KAL!

6. Today was the first cool day in over a week (low 80′s for the high). I actually tried on my latest FO (a shawl knit in alpaca) BRIEFLY first thing in the morning before putting on more sensible garments.

Lucy looks like she might be a bit warm in the lap.
    Jamie´s last blog post ..Spring fever

7. Sandra Kerr says:

My Noki is too insistent on being right in the middle of my lap. And if I rest my stuff on top of her, she tries to eat it, or knead it. But love the picture of your Lucy.

8. Happy Weekend to you. Do you still have a pattern for this knit?
    Mary Stuart´s last blog post ..What are Human Pheromones?

9. Such a hard life, isn’t it, Lucy? :) My kitties are doing exactly the same thing! LOL :)
    Heather´s last blog post ..[finish] Destiny Legwarmers

10. LOL… I love this post. Cat looks so sweet.

11. Such a sweet kitty! (I’m SUCH a crazy cat lady!) Isn’t it great having ‘assistants’ to help with your projects? :)

That book looks awesome by the way!

12. Cats must love yarn/fiber as much as we do. Both my cats love my lap when I knit, but Buffy is the only one who aslso loves to “help” me sew. Our best to you and Lucy!

13. Christienne L Stewen says:

Lucy is SO darn cute – :) Sometimes I wish our kitties could have playdates – but then I remember they are kitties, not dogs and aren’t fans of random social interactions … Such is the cat lady life. lol :) Have a wonderful weekend and oh yes, praise be to the inventors of A/C!!!

14. Precious!

15. what a sweetie! i can’t do that with mine, he’s still a kitten and wants to attack my yarn.

16. Not fair! Not fair! Ms. Lucy is just too cute.
    Sue´s last blog post ..Gail’s Quilt

17. Christiane says:

As of this morning there is over 617 comments. I have a better chance to get a copy if I order the book. The photos of these socks got my fingers itching to knit one of each. I better not show them to my daughter or she will say: one of each for Christmas Mom. Pretty please and knit I go. LOL Good luck everyone.

18. Lynne S. says:

Have a good weekend yourself, Wendy! Lucy is very lovable, isn’t she?! (And hot! :-))

19. What a beautiful view. I am enjoying the KAL. I finished the first part and can’t wait for the second. Thanks
    Breanna S´s last blog post ..Spring in the Woods

20. Lesley Shaw says:

Have missed my kitts-been away a while

21. Yes, thank goodness for a/c! Have finished clue 1 and enjoyed it so much. Thanks for another fun mystery.

22. All together now: AWWWWW, the liddle kitteh! Such a Momma’s girl! I know you don’t mind at all; I’m sure she thinks she’s the prettiest ornament Momma could wear…and she’s probably right. We have a “baby” in our house, he cries to be picked up all the time!
    I’ve never had a cat that so liked to be carried; it’s kinda freaking me out.
    CeltChick´s last blog post ..White carnations

23. Lucy feels so comfortable with that shawl.. I always love your designs. Mine is quite off, I tried it once.
    Born27´s last blog post ..http://www.abconferencecall.com