1. Segel, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes in the "Draco" gradient set on a 3.5 mm (U.S. size 4) needle.

Kureyon Coat: Before

I have finished all the knitting on my Noro Kureyon coat. I ended up using just over 31 skeins.

CoatFlat080512 231x240 Kureyon Coat: Before

I picked up and knit down the fronts to make a button band and buttonhole band:

FrontBand080512 160x240 Kureyon Coat: Before

I knit bands at the bottom of the sleeves:

SleeveBand080512 160x240 Kureyon Coat: Before

I knit a collar band with a buttonhole in it.

Collar080512 240x160 Kureyon Coat: Before

As you can see, it is a tad large for me.

CoatWorn080512 135x240 Kureyon Coat: Before

Sleeves are a bit long:

CoatWornA080512 240x191 Kureyon Coat: Before

I will be felting the coat this afternoon. How will it turn out? I don’t know for sure. That’s part of the fun.

I don’t see how Lucy can sleep through all this excitement., but sleep she does.

Lucy080512 240x160 Kureyon Coat: Before

Comments

1. I’m excited to see how it felts up, too. Right now, it looks like a Noro Kureyon bathrobe ;) Such a creative idea, and once again, I don’t understand how you knit SO FAST!!!
    Kristen´s last blog post ..Lake County Fair 2012: Part 2

2. It’s gorgoeus wow!
    brandi´s last blog post ..Fantastic Fiber Friday with the Bunnies

3. Man, that coat turned out wonderfully! I’m so impressed with all your work. Mitering is no joke.

4. I am excited to see your felting results!

5. I can’t wait to see what it looks like! I am excited for you!!!

6. Lorraine says:

You are amazing! It is very exciting, waiting to see how this coat will look once felted. I love that you jump right into the “project deep end” with guns blazing. No wonder Lucy is tired out! :-)

7. Leslie F says:

Looks gorgeous! Waiting to see it felted…not sure I could throw it in washing machine, but I am sure all will be good in the end.

8. so brave to do all that knitting with all that unknown =)
    can’t wait to see it finished!!

9. Vicki Johnson says:

I am excited to see the coat after felting! Kristen has the same question as me: How do you knit so fast? I would love to improve my knitting speed. Your blog keeps me inspired!! Thank you for sharing.

10. Wow that coat looks amazing! and Lucy is just saving her energy for the big post-felting reveal.
    Cleo´s last blog post ..7 Things I Learned From Spending A Week With A Baby

11. Carol christoffersen says:

I am intrigued. I have only felted bags before, felting this coat is so exciting. Can’t wait for the next post.

12. Fastest knitter ever! Can’t wait to see it felted. :-) Maybe Lucy is hiding from the great felting unknown!

13. Wow, that is beautiful! Can’t wait to see it felted.

14. I can’t wait to see it all felted up and on you (In a pic of course). It looks sooo big. Will you be trying it on wet to get a great fit? or just taking your chances with what you already know about the shrinkage? I really can’t wait to see it!!!

15. Pat Converse says:

You amaze me. I wish I could knit half as fast as you do. I can hardly wait to see it after the felting.

16. I think your coat is beautiful and I can`t wait to see it when it is felted

17. Kathleen says:

The colors are beautiful! (goes well with your hair color). I am on pins and needles for the felted reveal! It is going to be just stunning!

18. Wow – looks amazing already, looking forward to seeing it after the felting process!

19. Susan Shelly says:

Wow! That is a lot of knitting!!! Would have taken me forever and a day!!! Looking forward to the after felting pictures;O))

20. I LOVE it, museum quality work of art, there isn’t a north wind “alive” that will blow through your coat after it is felted. Wish I could see and touch it in person (8

21. Mary Lou says:

Very impressive…can’t wait to see the post-felting pictures! Super job!

22. fabulous! Just fabulous! That will be a wondrous coat….

23. The coat is beautiful. Good luck with the felting. Your are fearless….. I would never have the guts to put it in a washer!

24. I have wondered where you’ve been, now I know. Can’t wait to see it felted and love how the colors worked out.

25. I cannot wait to see how it felts up! It will be a lovely, warm coat for when the weather turns cold.
    Ezara´s last blog post ..I Sense My Mojo is Near…

26. Sounds like lots of us are eagerly awaiting the final results. Know it will be amazing.

27. It’s lovely now, but I can’t wait to see it felted!

28. Dina Fullerton says:

Srsly, we all want to know how you get so much knitting done! I’m currently out of work and can’t manage to knit half as much as you do.

Noro coat is stunning – can’t wait to see her felted.

29. I can‘t wait to see how the coat turns out after felting! Kinda sad that you won‘t be posting a pattern, but I suppose I can have my own mitered squares adventure. :)

30. Midnite Baker says:

Love the colors and how the coat came together. Hope the felting comes out like you have calculated. Miss Lucy is like my Miss Sparky, dead to the world and couldn’t care less about what is going on. Good Luck! M

31. I am curious how it will turn out.

I won’t believe it until I see it : D
    Molly By Golly´s last blog post ..Ravellenics Days 5-6

32. It looks super already, I’m looking forward to seeing it all felted up. You mentioned not wanting to bother with sewing a lining, have you considered doing just the sleeves, to make it slip on more easily without pulling the sleeves of whatever you are wearing underneath up past your elbows?

33. santaptr says:

So surprised to see it done already!! Absolutely can’t wait to see it felted!!! Great job!!

34. WOW!

35. Jo morgan says:

The coat is amazing. Add me to the group holding their breath in anticipation of the felted product!

36. Heather D says:

I’m so excited to see it felted!

37. Hi Wendy, I haven’t commented in quite sometime, but have continued to follow your adventures. Just had to comment on this one: the coat is gorgeous! Along with everyone else, can’t wait to see the end result!
    Michelle´s last blog post ..Projects…

38. Gina in the San Francisco Bay Area says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Along with everybody else (except Lucy) I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out after felting.

39. Joining the chorus — looks amazing, and I can’t wait to see how it felts!

40. Gretcheng says:

Ditto the WOWs! It looks so cozy already. After felting it’s going to be astounding! Oh dear, a project like this could take the rest of my lifetime.. Must. Resist. Temptation.

41. Wow! Can’t wait to see thefelted results. I have a felted jacket that I just love to wear; you have taken it a step further with mitered squares. Good for you!

42. The coat looks so comfy and makes me wish it was winter already. Cannot wait to see the felted.

43. Beautiful Work. This was not commuter knitting! Will you line it? How heavy is it?
    Looking forward to seeing the finished coat.

44. Natalie Doyle-Hennin says:

Wendy, it’s absolutely gorgeous. I’d be terrified felting it, but one can go at that gradually. Are you going to put it in a parachute ;) before putting it in the washing machine?

I’ll really love seeing how it turns out felted. I’ve always wanted a coat like this and when I got serious about knitting again purchased the Chanel-cut mitred squares pattern by a well-known designer whose name escapes me. I’ll find it again someday but, after six years and a move, don’t know when…

Good luck felting

45. Due to my lack of experience, I haven’t seen a knitted coat before. I’m really interested to see how the felting works out!
    Mallory´s last blog post ..Welcome!

46. Your coat looks pretty good if large before felting. How much are you planning to felt it?
    Seanna Lea´s last blog post ..Into the Woods

47. Those colours are superb – I’d curl up on the sofa with it unfelted because it’s already got the ‘snuggle factor’ going for it. Felted – well it’s just going to be wearable art. :)

48. Lucy says, “it would have been much easier to make a felted coat for me!”

49. This is my kind of gorgeous!

50. I don’t see how Lucy can sleep through the excitement! It’s like Christmas and waiting to see what is in the package. I agree with everyone… you knit incredibly fast and beautifully. Again agreeing with everyone, cannot wait to see the finished product.

51. You are a brave, brave woman! I’d never in a million years have the courage to put so much yarn into a non-reversible “we’ll see” project. I love anything mitered though & can’t wait to see the felted results. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the coat behaves itself during the felting. LOVE the colorway, btw.
    Jeannie´s last blog post ..Hand Knit Hat – blue, white, stripes, unisex adult by JeannieGrayKnits

52. Christienne L Stewen says:

OMG Wendy!!! I’m so excited to see how it felts up! What a gorgeous piece of smooshy warmth – :) post quickly please !!!
    ps – Lucy has the right idea on a warm day like this – but I would be too wired to sleep if I were there for the felting process myself ha ha

53. This is so interesting. You are brave and a very fast knitter. I can’t wait to see how it felts up.

54. Wow, I love these coat. You really exert a lengthy time making this coat. I don’t know if I can make like this also.
    Ann Fantom´s last blog post ..Gain a Bigger and Harder Erection Naturally

55. This is an amazing coat. I just want to know how many days you knit this coat?
    Lisa Hoff´s last blog post ..Experience the Joys of Sex