1. Hats!

I’ve made some good progress on my Bulky Cardi. I completed the front, attached the front pieces to the back using a three-needle bind-off, picked up stitches around d the neck and knit a neckband. And I sewed the buttons on.

WIP020613 157x240 Body

It’s quite long — around 34″ from shoulder to hem. I have planned this as another outerwear jacket so I wanted a nice long one.

Here’s a close-up of the neckband:

Closeup020613 240x160 Body

It’s a better view of the buttons as well. I ordered them from MM Beck Millinery and I highly recommend them. The buttons are lovely and were very reasonably priced and the service was great. Very fast shipping, and the buttons came packaged in a wee cotton pouch instead of a plastic bag — a nice touch!

So just the sleeves remain to be knit. I know Lucy is looking forward to my finishing this because next up will be her little blanket.

Lucy020613 240x160 Body

Patiently she waits.

1. Lynda Hitt says:

It’s beautiful, dahlin’!

2. You always come up with the best sweater designs. All those cables!

I’m also totally envious of how fast you seem to knit. I know it’s probably because I only see the pics here on your blog, but you still seem to move so fast!

Sweater looks great! Love that shade of blue!

3. Barb Rickman says:

Will this pattern be for sale?

4. Beautiful colorway and excellent stitching. The pattern is gorgeous!

5. Venice Smith says:

This is really gorgeous, Wendy. You made perfect use of the gradient coloration of the yarn. I do hope you write this one up. What a versatile garment. I can’t help but wonder how it would look ever so slightly fulled.

Thanks also for the link to the buttons. I always have such a difficult time finding what I want in buttons once I’ve finished a project, and this site is really terrific.

I’m glad Lucy is so patient!

6. Fabulous and it goes so nicely with Lucy’s eyes.

7. Oh so beautiful…!

8. I have 10 100g skeins of Araucania Naturally Chunky in a blue very close to your Shalimar that has been waiting for the perfect project. I HAD thought that a turtleneck cabled tunic sweater featured in a current British knitting magazine was that project, but I think I’ve been swayed.

Please consider writing this up as a pattern for sale.
    JamieĀ“s last blog post ..If you Give a Mouse a Cookie (TM) or How I Find Myself Down Another Knitting Track

9. GeniaKnitz says:

I love everything about this cardigan! Absolutely everything.

10. The sweater is beautiful, but I’m sure Lucy is freezing and can’t wait for you to get to her blankie.

11. I hope you offer this pattern for sale. I’ve been looking for a sweater pattern with a neckline like this one and yours is perfect! Please? šŸ™‚

12. The cardigan is looking so nice! Really looking forward to the kitty blanket coming up;O))

13. Fabulous cardi – love the buttons šŸ™‚

14. Beth in Maryland says:

This one is really beautiful, Wendy. Heads will turn!

15. You do the most beautiful knitting. I can never get my necklines to look so good, is there a trick to picking up around the neck so it looks so smooth? Lovely color way too.
    Chris ReeskeĀ“s last blog post ..How to make the stretched star

16. Lovely! My mom would have called this a “car coat” due to the length, which should be very useful. Thank you for the link for the buttons; I have been dithering about putting buttons (already bought!) on a garment, thinking that pewter would be better — and these nice folk have pewter dragons! Being the Welshman’s granddaughter, I’ll have to have the dragons.
    CeltChickĀ“s last blog post ..Calluses

17. Barb Rickman says:

….I would buy it if it were for sale!! I like that style of sweater and would actually learn to knit cables (as I don;t know how at present) just to make that cardi.

18. Simply gorgeous!! What a beautiful job!

19. This may be a topic you’ve covered in the past but would you be willing to talk a bit about how you knit button bands (or point me towards the blog entry)? I see so many wobbly ones, even on commercial pattern photographs and I know a button band should look like yours – flat, not wavy, not scrunched up pulling the front up. But how to get such a thing of beauty?

20. Beautiful! I love how the yarn works with that pattern & how the striping shows up on the plain knitting areas but not so much on the cables.
    JeannieĀ“s last blog post ..Christmas Ornament, Wine bottle decoration by JeannieGrayKnits

21. Would love to see you design a infant toddlers children’s collection! Bet you would fab1