1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

I Think It Is Long Enough

Fresh off the needles:

WIP040313 240x83 I Think It Is Long Enough

In the photo above, it is a tube. Here it is with the steek cut, laid out flat.

WIP040313a 240x107 I Think It Is Long Enough

After cutting the steek, I steamed it with an iron. After this steam-blocking the piece measures approximately 74″ by 24″.

Now I am picking up a billion stitches around the outside edge to knit the edging.

Stitches040313 240x160 I Think It Is Long Enough

And Lucy is being absolutely no help at all!

Lucy040313 240x160 I Think It Is Long Enough

Comments

1. Lynne in Florida says:

Ooooh, that’s purdy! Do the Signature needles make picking those billion stitches up any easier? Tell Lucy she should get off her duff and help mommy (not – it took me 22 hours to untangle the lace yarn Chipper spread around my tiny apartment).

2. It’s absolutely beautiful! I love the contrast between the vivid rainbow and the black. Stunning x
    Jill´s last blog post ..I can see the finish line

3. It is looking really gorgeous Wendy…don’t envy you the border tho! ❤

4. Like the coat of many colors! Lovely.

5. It looks stunning. The color movement is very nice, like a prisim (spelling?) I am sure what ever border you work will be worth the time of picking up all those stitches,
    Cathy´s last blog post ..I’m gonna soak up some sun

6. Good luck for the edge !

7. Beautiful. Are you going to use the dark yarn only for the edge? Looking forward to seeing it complete.
    Nicolette´s last blog post ..Funky Slouch Socks featuring Strong Heel

8. I would love details about your edging as I have a similar project, a gross amount of stitches to pick up and knit a three stitch I-cord (but I suspect your edging will be much, much fancier.) I am hoping to pick up a few on a dpn and then move along that way. Otherwise, I will join you in the billion stitch pick up. Okay, mine will only be a million. Love the scarf by the way. Looking forward, as always to the Finished object!!

9. This must be the perfect piece for the rainbow yarn, and the steeking of it must have made the knitting of it a whole lot easier and would lead to it all being more even.

And of course Lucy is helping – by not ‘helping’ she’s helping!

10. I hope the edging does not take horribly long. I am knitting edging on my cowl, and I am fighting boredom by reading a book.
    deepbluerenegade´s last blog post ..FO Friday: Fiber Optic Gradient

11. Liz in Missouri says:

This is beautiful. Can’t wait to see the edge you choose to go with it. Are you going to back it with anything?

12. That is gorgeous!
    Denise Vitola´s last blog post ..Quitting. Why It Works!

13. Looks like Lucy needs to get to work :) I really love this. It looks really pretty.
    Tanya´s last blog post ..HR Practices – Do You Have Zombies in Your Office?

14. Rae Gommel says:

Of course Lucy is helping!! Without her help that chair would be flying about wreaking havoc!

15. Absolutely lovely!! And Lucy IS helping…increasing the cuteness in the room is ALWAYS a good thing!!!
    Lee Cockrum´s last blog post ..Whole30 Prep day

16. Kristine M. says:

It’s beautiful! The colors remind me of rainbow ice cream in summer.

17. Bernadette says:

What beautiful work!
    Will your edging encase the cut edge? I’m really looking forward to seeing how you do this part of the wrap.
    I have learned so much and gained so much inspiration from you over the years… It’s possible that watching you complete this project may inspire me to try something i’ve been afraid of trying.

18. I love your work. One question :what are the needles you are using?

19. Absolutely beautiful.

20. Absolutely beautiful, Wendy. Hope you and yours are all well. Ear scritches to Miss Lucy!

21. Your colorwork is exquisite! I love doing baby blankets or any size for that matter. Thanks for the chance to win this book.

22. Just learned that one of my good friend’s daughter is expecting a baby. Would love to have some fresh ideas.

23. Threeorcas says:

Just beautiful!!

24. What a great project. sooo pretty. im really enjoying your blog! I have just begun to experiment with colorwork after watching an EZ video.

25. wxyevxfoezlojut, ouzbuetfkn