1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

Viajante Unbound

Ta-da!

Viajante050513 240x104 Viajante Unbound

Early this morning I bound off the last stitches of Viajante. It seems as though I had been working on this for a very long time, but a check of the project page in Ravelry tells me that I started this on April 17. So . . . not all that long.

Knit using a U.S. size 6 needle, I used 396 grams of Kauni 8/2 Effektgarn in the “EQ” colorway. That’s almost 1750 yards.

ViajanteModeled050513 131x240 Viajante Unbound

Along the long edge, it is approximately 90″ and around the bottom it is 146″. This will make a lovely wrap/poncho for next winter!

ViajanteCloseup050513 240x160 Viajante Unbound

Lucy is impressed.

Lucy050513 240x158 Viajante Unbound

I am now knitting the second of my prototypes for my upcoming Summer Mystery Shawl KAL. More about that later, but expect it to start in June. icon smile Viajante Unbound

Comments

1. oh man, that is glorious! Beautiful work. Can’t wait to see what you do next :D
    Sava´s last blog post ..Complete!

2. Heidi (LunaKitty) says:

:) YAY! Another mystery shawl!!!!! Thank you in advance!

3. Gorgeous, Wendy!

4. Just lovely – I like that rainbow of color!

5. Pattie says:

Lovely! I have 4 skeins that haven’t found a project…
    Can’t wait for the KAL. Just finished my Japanese Garden Shawl, from 2 years ago? I did finish the KAL more timely.

6. Stunning! It will be lovely to be wrapped in a rainbow in the middle of winter.
    Kristen´s last blog post ..Chinatown

7. Carolyn says:

That is gorgeous! Nicely done :-)

8. Yay!! summer mystery!!!

9. kuhnitter says:

YAY! (jumping up and down, waving needles madly…) Looking forward to my third Summer Mystery Shawl!

ps. Beautiful Viajante! It will be like wearing a rainbow.

10. I love the rainbow!
    Cleo14´s last blog post ..Birch Bark: Day 1

11. Love that edging!

12. Catherine S. says:

Lovely, just lovely, Wendy. You will have so much fun wearing this!
    Hugs from the beautiful Pacific NW!

13. Pam Gardner says:

beautiful!

14. The rainbow Viajante is beautiful! Wow – that’s a lot of knitting! Looking forward to another summer mystery shawl!!!

15. That is stunning!

16. Linda Broglan says:

Awesome looking wrap!
    I have the pattern but no where near ready to start.

17. Debbie says:

That is the most grorgeous thing I have ever seen !!!!!!!

18. You’d Viajante looks amazing Wendy….beautiful colour…gorgeous ❤

19. LOVE!!!!! <3
    Karen´s last blog post ..Spring has been Flung

20. Jennifer says:

Can’t wait for June!!

21. Charlotte says:

actually a very short time if you subtract ALL the time you spent starting and finishing all your other beautiful work

22. Mary Lou says:

Lovely shawl..it will be especially nice against a winter snow background next year!
    Can’t wait for the mystery shawl!

23. absolutely beautiful. I must admit the details are very unique along with the colorway. I will definely buy the pattern. Please let us know about the KAL and give me an idea as to what it will be as Im still a newbie. Give my love to LUCY!

24. Kathryn says:

Lucy should be impressed! The poncho/ wrap is lovely. I would have thought to add a lace edging, but not the open waffle edge. I really like the open waffle stitching on the edge; it makes it so unique…….

25. Gretcheng says:

Egad, and I’m still on the first ball of my Viajante in Alpaca Lace! I’m expecting mine to take six months, minimum. But it is so relaxing to knit –I’m enjoying it very much. Your fabulous finished product is extra motivation, so thanks for that!

26. Really pretty.

27. Lynne in Florida says:

Wrapped in rainbows! What a wonderful winter you’re going to have. And YAY! Another MKAL from Wendy. Can hardly wait!

28. I love the way that looks!

29. Sharon Moon says:

Was thinking the other day, perhaps we could talk you into two KALa year??. I am more than ready to start the June project. My daughter wore her June 2012 KAL shawl during her wedding festivities.

30. Wow, the colourway is so stunning and the patterns shows it off to powerful effect. The edging is fabulous too. Fantastic!
    Sarah´s last blog post ..WIP – Odds & Ends Blanket

31. That is awesome wool Sarah. Way beyond cool!!!!

32. I love the effect of the Kauni, though I ended up selling the last ball I got because I just wasn’t getting around to it at all!
    Seanna Lea´s last blog post ..Three steps to putting a house on the market