1. Brickless, designed by Martina Behm, knit from Mrs. Crosby Carpet Bag in the "Boston Fern" colorway on a 4.0 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Maidenhair Progress

Progress continues on my Maidenhair Cardigan.

WIP061913 240x160 Maidenhair Progress

At this point I have about 30″ completed for the back. I’m planning to knit to 36″ long, so I still have a bit of a way to go. But the back is getting to be a little unwieldy and non-portable, so today during my lunch break I cast on a sleeve.

Sleeve061913 240x160 Maidenhair Progress

Not much progress there as I never make it very far into my lunch break without being interrupted, but a little progress is better than none.

Thinking ahead, I purchased buttons for this project. I purchased two different styles, so I could compare and contrast!

Option One:

ButtonA061913 240x193 Maidenhair Progress

Option Two:

ButtonB061913 240x229 Maidenhair Progress

Meanwhile, Lucy is on the move!

Lucy061913 182x240 Maidenhair Progress

I can’t decide which one I prefer, but at some point I’ll make a decision.

Comments

1. Savannagal says:

Honest to goodness. I don’t know anybody that knits as fast as you do. I am always amazed at your progress. If you’re taking votes, and I know you didn’t ask, I like the 2nd button better. Both are quite nice though.

2. I’d go with option #2 but that’s me. It speaks to me more than the first one. Also, you have fast mad knitting skills. I hope to be able to knit that fast someday…for now, I just accept that it’s going to take me 7-12 months to knit a pair of socks. Of course, I’m not a monogamous knitter and that’s probably part of the problem…
    Renee Anne´s last blog post ..Y2: Self-Imposed Year of Projects – Update #24

3. Johanne says:

I would use both! I have many projects with 2 or 3 different buttons and I even play with different colours or shapes! I just love it!

4. I’m going to throw my vote to #1 because I think it compliments the snake cables.

5. Annette says:

Option #1… it stands out more.

6. Both buttons are beautiful and I agree with Annett that #1 stands out more – and that is why I am voting for #2 – it blends in more and lets the knitting be the star.

7. I go for option 2, but both are nice

8. Mary E Osborne says:

What a beautiful sweater! I’m divided on the buttons… I like’em both! LOVE THE COLOR of that yarn! luv.m.

9. I am always amazed at how creative you are and at how fast you knit from one post to the next. Regarding the buttons…I would use Option #1. I like the way they compliment the squiggly snake looking thingys/cables. Option #2 is nice but kind of flat looking for a coat with so much great texture. I’m sure you will get lots of input, solicited or not. :)

10. It is coming right along…love the celtic button!

11. Patricia says:

Although I like both, I would go with option #1. That one just seems right for the project. The knitting that you do on one lunch would take me two days!

12. HBMalone says:

Number two! And yes, love the colour.

13. Love option two!
    Denise Vitola´s last blog post ..Quitting. Why It Works!

14. Bobbi J says:

I realy like button #2 as it is nice and lets the knitting be the star of the show! Your knitting is absolutely gorgeous. Nobody I know can get as much knitting accomplished as you do. I have been knitting over 60 years and am no where near as good as you. Thank you for sharing. Love Lucy always too!

15. Charlotte says:

Wendy, your knitting skills are absolutely awesome. I wish I had a fraction of the talent you have. I love seeing your beautiful knitted creations that you complete soo quickly! Awesome!! And Lucy is such an adorable little sweetheart.

16. Darlene says:

I really like the idea of different complimentary buttons on one handknit article.

17. I like option 1 too for the way it goes with the snake cables. It is something a little different, but not too much.
    Adrian Seltzer´s last blog post ..Calamity Jane Lobster Tails

18. Joan in Wisconsin says:

Depends on the “look” you want. No. 1 is sort of different and No. 2 is sort of classic. I’d hold each one up and see what looks the best. If you have time, take a photo and see what all your readers have to say! I am also amazed at your speed and talent.

Joan

19. Linda Broglan says:

I like #1, it does seem a good match with the cables .
    Wish I could knit as fast as you!

20. Wonderful knit ! I prefer the first option :)
    Dorothée´s last blog post ..Summer knit

21. Hi Wendy,
    You are so-o-o talented! I immediately felt drawn to Button #1 – it seemed to me to be ideal for your varied patterns. I was quite drawn to those for a match to your work…just saying! :) Take Care!

22. i think #2 is the nicer button but #1 would look better with the garment.
    and i really loved the idea of using both than another reader suggested-, very interesting!

23. It looks great! I like option 2 better, but they are both really nice buttons.

24. The sweater is going to be lovely! I vote for button “Two”.

25. Liz in Missouri says:

Beautiful, Wendy! LOL – I’m going to throw in a vote for Button #1 for the same reason as stated above – it compliments the large “snake” cable. Big and bold.

26. Martina Norelli says:

I vote for option #1. It has the same ‘vibe’ as your gorgeous hand knit sweater. Option #2 appears more smooth/machine made. Just my take…

27. Lynne in Florida says:

I don’t really like either one of the buttons for this particular cardigan. If I had to choose, I’d go with #1, but both of them are basically curved lines, whereas ‘Maidenhair’ is all about straight lines and sharp angles.

I do believe this is the first picture of Lucy I’ve seen in which she is actually standing on all four feet! And what a gorgeous tail plume she has!

28. I like number 2. I really like the color you chose. Its going to look great!
    Tanya´s last blog post ..Three Key Characteristics of a Smart Social Media Policy

29. linda-kaye says:

Both buttons are great, but I’m leaning toward number 2 because the design is more subtle.

30. Christienne L Stewen says:

As long as you’re showing us – I’d go with Option #1 – I love the traditional Celtic knot of Option #2, but the first one is just that little extra special with the relief / 3D look. Very nice!
    And your knitting as always is impeccable. ;)

31. With all those beautiful the #2 option of the Celtic Knot seems to speak to the knitting pattern. Jus’ sayin;

32. I forgot to say beautiful cables!!!!

33. I like button choice #2. Seems more classic and just a better design!

34. Courtney L says:

They’re both lovely! Does one grip better than the other, or feel nicer on your hand? Maybe it’s easier to choose that way.