A couple of people mentioned in the comments of my last post that they’ve had issues with the pattern I’m knitting — Dark and Stormy. I don’t find the pattern particularly easy to follow. We all have our ways of expressing things and writing patterns, and this pattern is not written in Wendy-speak. 😉
I’m considering it a guideline only, anyway.
I got to the point where I was ready to separate out the sleeves.
The pattern directs you to put the sleeve stitches on holders and knit the body. I am doing the opposite: I put the body stitches on holders and am knitting the sleeves.
I completed one sleeve yesterday morning.
And I’ve got just a bit more knitting to finish on the second sleeve, so I’ll be finishing that shortly.
Another inch of stockinette, then a couple of inches of ribbing.
Then I will re-commence work on the body of the sweater.
One reason I’m knitting it this way is because I am making my sweater longer than the pattern directs. I wanted the sleeves done so I’d know how much yarn I had left to finish the body (and the front bands and collar). I am pretty sure I bought plenty, but it’s nice to know!
Meanwhile, only the sight of a bird on a windowsill will get Lucy out of her new kitty bed.