. . . Cardigan. I finished Dark and Stormy on a bright and sunny morning — yesterday morning.
I made my version much longer and oversized, and it turned out just as I had hoped.
As I mentioned in my last blog post, I did the collar according to the mods described by another Raveler and it turned out perfectly.
I bound off the front bands and the collar using a Russian bind-off because it makes a nice stretchy edge. I used the same size needle to bind off the front bands, and went up two needle sizes when I was binding off the collar edge. That worked well and the collar lays nicely.
Because my sweater is longer, I used six buttons. A close-up:
I did not do much in the way of blocking — just a touch of steam on the bound off edges.
So it’s back to knitting on Maidenhair. And Lucy is in her usual Sunday mode: